• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Fiio E9 USB is dead...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtbush

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Sep 2, 2009
Messages
2,795
After reading all the amazing stuff about the E9 I thought I'd pair it up with my Denon D2000's.
It appears that the USB DAC non-functional, I've tried 3 different computers/usb cords and none of them will detect the E9.

After I did a little more research on the issue, it seems to be fairly common. I couldn't even find a support page for Fiio, so this is going back to Amazon for a refund. Guess I should have just bought the NuForce uDAC-2 instead...

Just wanted to throw this up if anyone is thinking about grabbing one.
 
Ummmm the E9 isn't a dac. The e7 is the dac that plugs in to the E9. E9 is just a headphone amp as far as I know.
 
Isn't the E9 just an amp? I thought the E7 was the DAC, which plugs into the E9 amp.

Edit: Damn you and your quick posting, Almighty. :)
 
soooo....I need the E7 in order to gain USB DAC functionality?

...feeling pretty stupid right now....:eek:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top