• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

FF3 for the DS

Crapinapale

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 3, 2004
Messages
149
WOW! I must say that this game makes buying a DS worth it. This is probably one of the first 'gamers' games for the DS. Anyone else pick this up yet?
 
Got about eight hours in.....tremendous fun though they coulda used the dual screen capability better. I'm playing this more than NWN2 and G3....it's that addictive. This is a long long game so if your into rpgs this is worth your nickel.
 
hm, I actually heard it was pretty bad. I'm glad to hear you all like it. Maybe I will check it out.
 
FF3 is only hard if you've been used to having your hand held in the last 5-10 years of boring and easy console RPGs. FF1 and FF2(J) are harder by a fair bit, while all the rest of the FF are easier. Expect to get the game over screen fairly often and actually get stuck in several places if you don't know what you are doing (i.e. especially Garuda battle).
 
I just happened to pick this up today to keep me busy between homework and stuff. I have to say, this game is really fun. I'm still playing through FF1 and 2 for the GBA, but I am having a blast with this game.

It was between this and Contact, but I'm pretty comfortable with my decision.
 
Im at the end of IV.
This is going to have to wait.

A price drop would be nice too. ($40 dollars+tax? wtf?)
 
LeviathanZERO said:
Im at the end of IV.
This is going to have to wait.

A price drop would be nice too. ($40 dollars+tax? wtf?)

I got $15 for Starfox in exchange at Gamestop or that woulda been tough to swallow.
 
I am thinking of picking up a DS partly for this game. (DS library has also picked up lately imho in general.) The general feeling I get about this is that those who enjoyed hardcore RPG's such as FF1, Dragon Quest 1, etc. will enjoy this while those who only like the newer RPG's such as FFX find that there are too many random encounters and the game is too difficult. I just wish the DS had more real rpg's like this one. Gameboy had FF Legends 1-3.
 
I just picked this up as well today, but I'm not sure if I'll start it yet. I still need to finish IV and I picked up Children of Mana a week ago so I have some playing to do.

Has anyone tried that Mognet email feature yet? I thought I read a rumour somewhere that said it was needed to unlock something, but maybe that's just by sending a message to a NPC.
 
will a rpg noob like this game? is there exploration involved?
 
To get to the secret dungeon, or unlock the most powerful class in the game, you'll need friend codes and use them via Mognet (aka, bonus content).

As for if an RPG noob would like this game, objectively, I would say no. This is very old school console style so to speak.

Start game, fight monsters, get gold, buy weapons, level up, fight harder monsters, get more gold, buy better weapons, level up, fight even harder monsters, etc.

The storyline tends to be basic, and there is quite a lot of leveling needed between areas. Not that it's a bad game, rather that it's probably not the best RPG to start out with, if you've never really played RPGs before. As far as difficulty, while it is harder than more modern RPGs, compared to RPGs that were out at the time, it's on the fairly easy side. I'd say about 3 out of 10 in difficulty (10 being hard).
 
Back
Top