FF VII remake?

I'll believe it when I see it, and even THEN I won't believe it until I actually play it.

I'm more interested in Final Fantasy 15, come out already damnit!

Square is running out of Final Fantasy games to remake, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's finally happening.

Square is running out of Final Fantasy games to remake, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's finally happening.

I haven't played any of them but yeah I believe they've remade all of them up to 7 with more modern graphics. I wouldn't surprised to see this announced soon.

With all the remakes everyone else is cranking out, it probably really is time to remake this one.
I'd still rather play a repacked FF7 over anything they made after #9.

Considering how weak sony's lineup appears to be. I think this is quite possible, so it can divert attention away from there exclusives or lack there of for this year.

I don't know the exact process they went through to create the PC HD version. But if they haven't already I could see them taking the raw art of the game and cleaning it up and possibly new character models. I don't really expect much more though.

Last edited:
Yeah, I wouldn't get too excited. I heard it is just the PC port released last year that is coming to PS4.

I just want them to release XII International in this country already, on any platform.

If they do announce it: the rumors state it will be slated for 2017 (20th anniversary of FF7).

Who cares about the PS4 port of the original? That will give people who never played it something to do while waiting for 2 years for the remake.

Nevermind, guess they are rebuilding it from the ground up. Sounds like a timed exclusive though.

I immediately noticed the "play it first on PS4" comment at the end of the announcement (seems to be one of the themes of Sony's press conference). I'm sure it won't be long before they reveal what other hardware it'll be available on. I'm guessing just PC, but Xbox would be cool too.

TAKE MY MONEY!!!

Seriously cannot wait for it on PC. Hopefully they dont do a shitty port.

I'm very interested in what it is, but I'm going to wait to get hyped until there are some solid details and until there is a release date.

I think my slowly decaying faith in console gaming has just been "1up" quite a bit today. Lots of great games but seeing Sony take seriously the demand for this remake is fantastic.

I'm glad they just up res it and call it a day. They are doing a real remaster and its going to be brilliant and sell shit tons of copies.

Shenmue 3 is nice to see but I was never into that series. So I felt it largely is just fan service which is good but why Kickstarter? Sony couldn't spare $2 million to just make the damn thing and watch the cash flow? Total PR stunt and cheap.

I think my slowly decaying faith in console gaming has just been "1up" quite a bit today. Lots of great games but seeing Sony take seriously the demand for this remake is fantastic.

I'm glad they just up res it and call it a day. They are doing a real remaster and its going to be brilliant and sell shit tons of copies.

Shenmue 3 is nice to see but I was never into that series. So I felt it largely is just fan service which is good but why Kickstarter? Sony couldn't spare $2 million to just make the damn thing and watch the cash flow? Total PR stunt and cheap.

Im not a fan of kickstarter, but if you read into why they are doing a kickstarter for it, EG, read the kickstarter page, it kind of makes sense and it lets the fans be directly involved. I think it actually makes sense for this title.

This and SHenmue 3. Gamers rejoice!

Holy shit... I haven't even heard of it and looking at the kickstarter today and it's already funded with 31 days to go...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3

Btw, did anyone find Shenmue 2 not as interesting as the first one? I remember buying the original Xbox just so I can play Shenmue 2 and it just never captivated me like the first one on Dreamcast. I still haven't finished it and I don't think I entirely care to unless someone could convince me to.

I'm pretty pumped about this. I really hope its released for the PC eventually (or I just might have to buy a PS4).

Either way, Square better not fuck this up and turn it into a button masher like FF15. I predict a lot of butt-hurt and backlash if this isn't turn based (And doesn't use the materia system)

I never liked the ~first~ shenmue. Never figured out what people found interesting in it - you were just walking around a town. I never got the point.

Back