Fermi Refresh! Full Top/bottom 3 months after

Mwahahahaaa Bow before my Forum Famous Crystal Ball!!!

A slip of the mouth and it appears one of my other predictions is coming true. I predicted a dual GTX 570 card called the GTX 595. Based on 2 GF110 cut back GPU's to be used on the GTX 570 which is another prediction, yet to be announced. Here is a recent quote

"KitGuru says: There are lots of reasons why a company would spend $2m sponsoring a game so close to launch. Whatever the reason, it’s hard to ignore the possibility that it is being re-styled for the GTX580 and GTX590 cards with an absolute ton of additional tessellation IQ. For those that can afford a GTX580 going into Xmas, we believe that your Crysis 2 experience when it launches (several months after March) will be as good as it gets."

http://www.kitguru.net/components/g...2-being-re-designed-for-gtx580-expect-delays/

From now on I will refer to my Forum Famous Crystal Ball as FF Crystal Ball.
BTW the FF Crystal Ball shows that GTX 595 will arrive Just after Antilles with matching price and slightly better performance in time for a Christmas Price War!!

570 Will be launched soon after 6970/6950, 560 will launch just... sorry it got cloudy again. Check back soon for a 560 Prediction :D

Last edited:
Mwahahahaaa Bow before my Forum Famous Crystal Ball!!!

A slip of the mouth and it appears one of my other predictions is coming true. I predicted a dual GTX 570 card called the GTX 595. Based on 2 GF110 cut back GPU's to be used on the GTX 570 which is another prediction. Here is a recent quote

"KitGuru says: There are lots of reasons why a company would spend $2m sponsoring a game so close to launch. Whatever the reason, it’s hard to ignore the possibility that it is being re-styled for the GTX580 and GTX590 cards with an absolute ton of additional tessellation IQ. For those that can afford a GTX580 going into Xmas, we believe that your Crysis 2 experience when it launches (several months after March) will be as good as it gets."

http://www.kitguru.net/components/g...2-being-re-designed-for-gtx580-expect-delays/

From now on I will refer to my Forum Famous Crystal Ball as FF Crystal Ball.

Wait... Crysis 2 was developed for the consoles so that Crytek could make $6 mill off console sales. Its all about the profit. They don't give a shit about the PC, we've already been told that... now they are redesigning it for the 580 GTX... yea right... or maybe they are delaying it because current consoles have the power equivlency of a Texas Instruments graphic calculator and realize that shit will never play their game decently!!!

They aren't doing this for us, trust me.. Nvidia gave them $2mill... the only people benefitting from it will be the idiots that buy $200 garbage consoles... You can't seriously believe these lies... piracy has killed the PC platform... AAA titles that port from the console are all we will get from now on as PC gamers are the afterthought of the assholes that we put on the map.

Well, TBH, I already knew about the potential dual fermi card.

Back when I spoke those words people thought it was a ridiculous notion. See my edit above though ^^^. However the news there is that this is sort of a confirmation that it's coming no?

Wait... Crysis 2 was developed for the consoles so that Crytek could make $6 mill off console sales. Its all about the profit. They don't give a shit about the PC, we've already been told that... now they are redesigning it for the 580 GTX... yea right... or maybe they are delaying it because current consoles have the power equivlency of a Texas Instruments graphic calculator and realize that shit will never play their game decently!!!

They aren't doing this for us, trust me.. Nvidia gave them $2mill... the only people benefitting from it will be the idiots that buy $200 garbage consoles... You can't seriously believe these lies... piracy has killed the PC platform... AAA titles that port from the console are all we will get from now on as PC gamers are the afterthought of the assholes that we put on the map.

Meh.....How much you want to bet it'll be like HAWX? Ridiculously good on NV products, and absurdly bad on AMD material?

crysis 2 will be a game that will be benchmarked whenever a new gpu comes out for the next few years. 2 million will give nvidia a little advance of testing out its gpus with the game.

No dude they got that wrong, Crytek Created 2 different engines each take advantage of the unique attributes of each platform. They have CryEngine 3 on Sandbox/Sandbox editor (PC) and CryEngine 3 for consoles. It will not be a console port in the same sense as others are. Watch this video for an idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t67XDyqK398

Heres another cool video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Kvl31g77Z8

My buddy follows the blog at Crytek and knows alot, however he doesn't frequent this forum.

crysis 2 will be a game that will be benchmarked whenever a new gpu comes out for the next few years. 2 million will give nvidia a little advance of testing out its gpus with the game.

Just don't be surprised if Crysis 2 shows a bias towards Nvidia ( FI: stock 460 1gb beating a 6870). They didn't spend 2 mil for nothing.

Just don't be surprised if Crysis 2 shows a bias towards Nvidia ( FI: stock 460 1gb beating a 6870). They didn't spend 2 mil for nothing.

I'm betting the usual, PhysX, extreme tessellation all throughout the settings to give an advantage to Fermi. 3d Surround Certification and probably optimizations for multi monitor surround to make it run better on nvidia surround

Nvidia is showing off an "unreleased product" as I type this @ pdx lan. One can assume that it's the 580, they've stated that it's 30% faster in Heaven in comparison to the 480 and also labelled as the worlds fastest DX11 GPU. ~~~

Nvidia is showing off an "unreleased product" as I type this @ pdx lan. One can assume that it's the 580, they've stated that it's 30% faster in Heaven in comparison to the 480 and also labelled as the worlds fastest DX11 GPU. ~~~

Do you have a link so I can see the live feed?

30% faster? That's such an ambiguous statement......Hopefully they'll provide more info.

I'm betting the usual, PhysX, extreme tessellation all throughout the settings to give an advantage to Fermi. 3d Surround Certification and probably optimizations for multi monitor surround to make it run better on nvidia surround

It's kinda silly though. Crysis 2, at this time, is expected to ship in late March. If the 6970 were to beat (I'm not saying it will) the 580, how would Nvidia reap its 2 million dollar expense?

Talk to us TheBlueChannel what do you see!!! :D

I see... I see silicon!!! AND WIRES! OH GOD THE WIRES THEY'RE LIKE SNAKES!!! Wait a second... that IS A COBRA!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!

Heh, I'd be happy with 30%+ gains + a cool-running card to overclock over a GTX 480... I'm on gtx 470 sli, might pop over to one of the 580's (or 2 if I'm adventuring...) if this actually pans (2560x1600 4x AA).

I see... I see silicon!!! AND WIRES! OH GOD THE WIRES THEY'RE LIKE SNAKES!!! Wait a second... that IS A COBRA!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!

Heh, I'd be happy with 30%+ gains + a cool-running card to overclock over a GTX 480... I'm on gtx 470 sli, might pop over to one of the 580's (or 2 if I'm adventuring...) if this actually pans (2560x1600 4x AA).

So any word on actual gameplay performance or did JHH just talk about the history of GPU's and show off the GTX 580. BTW check the card for wood screws on the backplate, also see if there is a 5 sticker covering a 4 to see if its a GTX 480 :D

TheBlueChannel, this is your mission if you choose to accept it

1. Knock out the nvidia rep at the 580 booth

2. Take the 580 box and run some in game benchmarks of the following games Crysis Warhead, Metro 2033, and Borderlands

3. Report those findings here and pics to support them.

The money has already been wired to your account.

This thread will self destruct in 5. 4. 3. 2. 1.

TheBlueChannel, this is your mission if you choose to accept it

1. Knock out the nvidia rep at the 580 booth

2. Take the 580 box and run some in game benchmarks of the following games Crysis Warhead, Metro 2033, and Borderlands

3. Report those findings here and pics to support them.

The money has already been wired to your account.

This thread will self destruct in 5. 4. 3. 2. 1.

4. Steal the card and send it to me.

30% on heaven is like 3 fps though... :rolleyes:

Talk to us TheBlueChannel what do you see!!! :D

Not Much Heaven running and a live demo of black-ops and a bunch of PR slide. They weren't allowed to say what card was being demoed just that it was "New Technology". There was a pretty sweet in-house tesselation benchmark they showed us.

You'd think that if this card was being released Tuesday, they could say the product name. Hmm.

That's what I was thinking. I like how they're marketing it as the "Worlds Fastest DX11 Card" without saying what card. AMD presentation is up next.

You'd think that if this card was being released Tuesday, they could say the product name. Hmm.

Something really fishy is going on here. There is no reason they would hold the name back other than to keep a major secret. GTX 580 is not a major secret. Perhaps the card they were showing was the one we have been seeing performance charts on that is 20% faster than a GTX 480..

The GTX 570!!!

Bow before my Forum Famous Crystal Ball (FF Crystal Ball) :D

Not Much Heaven running and a live demo of black-ops and a bunch of PR slide. They weren't allowed to say what card was being demoed just that it was "New Technology". There was a pretty sweet in-house tesselation benchmark they showed us.

Tell us if AMD does anything Juicy. Please TBC, the world is counting on you. There are like 4 million people logged on right now waiting to hear from you. What else do you see :)

Something really fishy is going on here. There is no reason they would hold the name back other than to keep a major secret. GTX 580 is not a major secret. Perhaps the card they were showing was the one we have been seeing performance charts on that is 20% faster than a GTX 480..

The GTX 570!!!:D

LOL. Well, I'm not sure about that, but it's certainly an option. It's certainly possible they were able to fit an extra GPC into the GF110 design which would provide for an extra 64 shaders. By removing the GPGPU functionality, I can see that freeing up the necessary die space to add another GPC at the same or slightly larger die size. If your guess is right, there is no doubt the 6970 has already been killed before arrival.

We'll know on Tuesday. The only leak from an online retailer that means anything to me, so far, is Amazon. SabrePC is simply not a credible source - they are the same idiots that were selling the GTX 480 for $699 over a month before the actual release.

Do you see a price under $300. Look deeper.

Damn dude you gotta be carefull when you ask me to look deeper. I saw it on sale on ebay for $149.99 it was the year 2013! :D

The GTX 570 will sell for $379.99 or so. It will probably launch later in the month perhaps on the 30th. December will bring the GTX 595 and possibly the GTX 560

A 570?.......Performing 20% better than a 480? LOL! Where does that leave the 580? And what 20% performance charts? Not those again. LOL.

LOL. Well, I'm not sure about that, but it's certainly an option. It's certainly possible they were able to fit an extra GPC into the GF110 design which would provide for an extra 64 shaders. By removing the GPGPU functionality, I can see that freeing up the necessary die space to add another GPC at the same or slightly larger die size. If your guess is right, there is no doubt the 6970 has already been killed before arrival.

We'll know on Tuesday. The only leak from an online retailer that means anything to me, so far, is Amazon. SabrePC is simply not a credible source - they are the same idiots that were selling the GTX 480 for $699 over a month before the actual release.

Very far fetched what I'm gonna say but, imagine nvidia told the testers in china that the card is a GTX 580, they added the name GTX 580 on the bios. They leaked the GTX 580 name on their website just to keep it looking real. The leaked pictures from china all saying GTX 580, sure cause nvidia said so knowing it would leak. Then on 11/9/2010. "We introduce a card you have become very familiar with the GTX 570." Then they announce the GTX 768 SP GTX 580 to arrive just after Cayman. :) I know too far fetched.

A 570?.......Performing 20% better than a 480? LOL! Where does that leave the 580? And what 20% performance charts? Not those again. LOL.

The 580 would come after 570 perhaps even faster in that far fetched scenario. Oh and the 20% I use because the leaks all still say around 20% so I use it loosely until proven wrong by the reviews.

The 580 would come after 570 perhaps even faster in that far fetched scenario. Oh and the 20% I use because the leaks all still say around 20% so I use it loosely until proven wrong by the reviews.

Well......Nvidia releasing an unannounced card wouldn't look too good, and does nothing for thier press. If and when they're ready to release a 570, believe you me, we'll know.

Very far fetched what I'm gonna say but, imagine nvidia told the testers in china that the card is a GTX 580, they added the name GTX 580 on the bios. They leaked the GTX 580 name on their website just to keep it looking real. The leaked pictures from china all saying GTX 580, sure cause nvidia said so knowing it would leak. Then on 11/9/2010. "We introduce a card you have become very familiar with the GTX 570." Then they announce the GTX 768 SP GTX 580 to arrive just after Cayman. :) I know too far fetched.

Yeah, ok, what are you smoking and where can I get some? Super wishful thinking. :D

Yeah, ok, what are you smoking and where can I get some? Super wishful thinking. :D

It's this new kinda by the ounce smoke called vjc j/k

That was a post of me poking for fun. I doubt that will be even remotely true.

Tell us if AMD does anything Juicy. Please TBC, the world is counting on you. There are like 4 million people logged on right now waiting to hear from you. What else do you see :)

AMD didn't announce anything. I spoke with Derron and he said he wanted to present Cayman but it did not get approval. They just had a lot of fun with the crowd and gave away a ton of shit. There were like 5 or 6 5870's given away a bunch of 5700's and they are raffling off 6800's tomorrow.

Back