• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Fellow SR-2 owners with 2+ gpus...

zero2dash

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Oct 23, 2007
Messages
6,105
If you pull up the nVidia control panel and check in the SLI/PhysX settings window, does it list your card #s correctly or incorrectly?

I'm trying to get to the root of a problem I'm having with a few games not working (Audiosurf and World of Goo both report d3d9.dll errors/crashes and do not work, but other games work fine).

I noticed while checking a few things that the nVidia control panel is telling me my 260 in slot 1 hooked up to my HP 2710m is "GTX 260 (2)" but the headless 260 in slot 5 is "GTX 260 (1)". Basically it's labeling them backwards. EVGA Precision does the same thing....it lists the card in slot 5 as GPU 1 and the card in slot 1 as GPU 2.

Clipboard-2.png


I've tried different drivers, it makes no difference. Same as enabling or disabling SLI. Still reports the topmost card as 2 and the bottom card as 1.

I'm trying to figure out if this is normal or if the cards should be labeled correctly (and therefore something is wrong with my board). Maybe the #s don't mean anything...I just want to make sure. TIA
 
Last edited:
Same thing happens on my DFI X38 board for my Q9450, doesnt affect anything folding or gaming wise.
 
Same thing happens on my SR2 with my dual GTX470s

I'm moving them out of the SR2 though asap. I can't handle the PPD fight between the CPUs and GPUs.
 
Rite o - thanks guys. ;)
Back to the drawing board with this damn d3d9.dll issue. :(
 
My pc did this when I was messing with the phys-x settings. I set the phys-x to cpu and it straightened things out. Now i'm not running an sr-2 but I am running a dual gpu non-sli setup.
 
Same thing happens on my SR2 with my dual GTX470s

I'm moving them out of the SR2 though asap. I can't handle the PPD fight between the CPUs and GPUs.

Same things as what they say - dual 460s in SLI - wrong way around, was fiddly to get the second to fold, and futile in the end.

So I replaced the twin 460s with twin SR2's.:p
 
Back
Top