Fed up with Asus RMA

Ouch. That is a lot of money in motherboards down the drain.

Posts like these actually deterred me from even trying to RMA my P67 Deluxe when it died. On the other hand, the fact that I never tried should probably prevent me from commenting. :D

yup their RMA sux I don't buy ASUS anymore .denied claims bad parts back from RMA :mad:

They came back from RMA dead
That's not me, btw
I save all dead boards for parts..

My last big RMA hassle caused me to go MSI for both my motherboard and gpu. I dealt with mostly nice people at Asus and EVGA but it was a damn hassle all the way.

Using an Asus board right now. Another year left on the warranty... hoping I never have to RMA it after hearing the horrow stories.

It's a shame, I really like the DC2 cooler on their GPUs.

Thats how I ended up RMAing an Asus Striker back in 2007. I fucking HATE Asus motherboards!

He should still try to RMA it again to Asus after taking a hammer to them. Should be funnnnnnnnay.

Dropped ASUS after the NVIDIA 8600 mobile gpu fiasco. Every other manufacturer sued NVIDIA and did something to fix their customers' laptops. ASUS did nothing. My G1S was RMA'd 3 times. The first time, they didn't even bother to fix the laptop and sent it back with a dead screen. Second time, they fixed the screen, but the video was messed up and pixelated. And, there was mulch all over the keyboard. Third time, they fixed the video card but borked up the speakers. The gpu would overheat and the laptop would turn off. Some gaming notebook it turned out to be.

Welcome meet me in 2005. Got multiple bad RMAs on an expensive boards.

Treating Asus products as if there is no warranty is the only way to go.

I'm disappointed. A sledge would have been much more entertaining & effective.

Back in the early C2D days I bought an Asus board that was DOA... RMA'd and waited about a month only to get another DOA... Ended up buying 2 Gigabyte boards to build machine and another while still going back and forth with Asus, sometimes ram slots not working, or blown capacitors... Took 5 RMA's to get a working $200 board from Asus, so never again for me either, especially after paying shipping during those RMA's.

yup their RMA sux I don't buy ASUS anymore .denied claims bad parts back from RMA :mad:

Same here.. unfortunately have an ASUS board in my desktop. Took TWO returns for ASUS to get me a working board. The first go I got a board that didn't work, almost like they just turned around and gave me a board that just came in. Had to raise a stink to get them to pay for shipping on that one. (they originally weren't going to)

Never buying ASUS again if I can avoid it.

Go Gigabyte or go home! I work in a retail computer service center, and see dead Asus boards on a regular basis. Gigabyte boards are seldom seen dead, and if they are the RMA process is super convenient in comparison to Asus.

Go Gigabyte or go home! I work in a retail computer service center, and see dead Asus boards on a regular basis. Gigabyte boards are seldom seen dead, and if they are the RMA process is super convenient in comparison to Asus.

MSI support is excellent too. MSI & Gigabyte are my top choices for motherboards.

Ouch. That is a lot of money in motherboards down the drain.

Posts like these actually deterred me from even trying to RMA my P67 Deluxe when it died. On the other hand, the fact that I never tried should probably prevent me from commenting. :D

I swear to god, that P67 board was such a pile of shit (at least mine was). I actually switched the the same MSI board you're using and couldn't be happier.

I was about to post something to the effect "I wish I could comment on Gigabyte's RMA - but I never had to use it".

Too bad they don't offer ECC with AMD's unregistered memory motherboards.

All my RMAs so far have been relatively painless, and I've RMA'd with MSI, Gigabyte, and EVGA.

The only bad thing I can say about MSI is when I RMA'd my Big Bang Xpower, they kept sending me defective ones. However, after 3 of them, they made it right by sending me a brand new one. I didn't ask nor did I have to pay anything for it, and they always paid for return shipping on the defective boards, I only paid the first RMA shipping.

Remember, many of ASUS's RMA's are done through private companies with quota's to meet. I don't think ASUS as a company is doing this, rather the companies which ASUS contracts with. Now, it still comes back to ASUS to fix it, if they are even aware of the issues with their RMA partners. ASUS reps/tech support do read these boards so I'm not sure if they are ignoring the problem, are aware of the problem, or just can't do anything about it.

When we had the ASUS AMA on HardOCP a year ago I asked about their RMA process. Never saw the results of the AMA, though.

Remember, many of ASUS's RMA's are done through private companies with quota's to meet. I don't think ASUS as a company is doing this, rather the companies which ASUS contracts with. Now, it still comes back to ASUS to fix it, if they are even aware of the issues with their RMA partners. ASUS reps/tech support do read these boards so I'm not sure if they are ignoring the problem, are aware of the problem, or just can't do anything about it.

When we had the ASUS AMA on HardOCP a year ago I asked about their RMA process. Never saw the results of the AMA, though.

That's all fine but the fact remains that while all mainboard makers are randomly sending other RMAed boards out as RMA replacements Asus does so with no testing whatsoever, at best a BIOS flash.

At least that is what I have to conclude from my own observation and from "stalking" news about Asus' RMA process.

After OCZ gets the bullet in the back of the neck for actively wasting people's time in RMAs it's probably time to go after Asus consumer products next.

LMAO

Quote "Allright ASUS..Rma that shit"

I've noticed many people pronounce ASUS wrong. It's A - Soos... Like saying Dr Seuss.

I have dealt with Asus enough times that I have boycotted myself from purchasing any future Asus products. Seriously, their tech support, quality control, and RMA process is a bad joke. I have two dead monitors, two dead laptops, a dead tablet, and a few dead mobos from them. None have ever been successfully replaced.

That's all fine but the fact remains that while all mainboard makers are randomly sending other RMAed boards out as RMA replacements Asus does so with no testing whatsoever, at best a BIOS flash.

At least that is what I have to conclude from my own observation and from "stalking" news about Asus' RMA process.

After OCZ gets the bullet in the back of the neck for actively wasting people's time in RMAs it's probably time to go after Asus consumer products next.

We should start a tracking website like this: http://www.wheresgeorge.com/
but for ASUS motherboards. We could find out who gets the motherboard that we sent in as defective. I wonder how many times the same board would be sent out. Just stick a little sticker on the board when you send it in for RMA telling people to enter the serial number if they get that board back from ASUS. whereismyasusmotherboard.com

Second time, they fixed the screen, but the video was messed up and pixelated. And, there was mulch all over the keyboard.

I'm sorry, what? There was MULCH all over the keyboard, hahaha. How would they even accomplish that?!

So does everyone in here also boycott ASUS GPUs?

Their coolers rock but it's a risky purchase. Like someone else in here said, treat ASUS products like they have no warranty.

We should start a tracking website like this: http://www.wheresgeorge.com/
but for ASUS motherboards. We could find out who gets the motherboard that we sent in as defective. I wonder how many times the same board would be sent out. Just stick a little sticker on the board when you send it in for RMA telling people to enter the serial number if they get that board back from ASUS. whereismyasusmotherboard.com

FWIW, the bass (guitar) playing people have a tracker for used items from the guitar center network (which is pretty big, and all the info you get is a thumbnail size photo). When somebody gets a used item and it isn't usable they put it in there. It's a simple forum thread but it does the trick.

How dare you complain about ASUS, you should be happy they don't send you explosives:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1764403

btw complaining about ASUS warranty and RMA support on a forum can get your warranty voided, an ASUS rep actually mentions that in the thread I have linked.

Is that legal? I think that would see a lawsuit (at the very least in small claims court) immediately if that happened to anyone who didn't just brush it off.

I have owned 2 ASUS motherboards, an Maximus Extreme iv which had a few quirks but was ok, and my current board the Maximus V Formula which has been flawless for me..Along with my 2 ASUS GTX 660's which have been great, I can say I will never buy another ASUS product as long as I live..If I had to go through what that guy went through id be livid!

Never had a Gigabyte board but that or MSI will be my next purchase!

I have owned 2 ASUS motherboards, an Maximus Extreme iv which had a few quirks but was ok, and my current board the Maximus V Formula which has been flawless for me..Along with my 2 ASUS GTX 660's which have been great, I can say I will never buy another ASUS product as long as I live..If I had to go through what that guy went through id be livid!

Never had a Gigabyte board but that or MSI will be my next purchase!

I have always been an Asus user.

I picked up a 4770k and went with an MSI board simply because of the horror stories I've heard about Asus. I'm going with an MSI GPU as well, for the same reason. Well, also because of the color matching..

Its really sad that the build quality is so unreliable and the warranty is a complete joke because ASUS has some awesome features on their products. They are always innovating and come up with some cool ideas, like their coolers for their GPU's, and 'thermal armor'. Plus their products are some of the best looking out there. However they are so bad with customer support I refuse to buy any ASUS products until they make a big turn-around.

Have had good success with EVGA and Gigabyte for RMA's. Have always had great customer service with EVGA, although their MOBO's are a bit glitchy and they are slow to update the BIOS and chipset drivers.

I think ASUS build quality is great, but when something goes wrong they don't want to cover it!

I have a z77-m that I love, great sli, and xfire support too. I very much like that you don't need to register their products for RMA support. EVGA is like that too I think.

I had a MSI board warp and a resister popped off. I was not over clocking and had good cooling. This was +8 years ago. I did not RMA, I just built a new box.

I keep reading good good things about MSI on here.

I had a MSI board warp and a resister popped off. I was not over clocking and had good cooling. This was +8 years ago. I did not RMA, I just built a new box.

I keep reading good good things about MSI on here.

I believe 8 years ago MSI were just a low quality OEM vendor, basically.. Seems like they're a different company today. My MSI laptop has served me pretty well!

All I have left to build my PC now is the motherboard.. Too much negative stuff about ASUS in a lot of places has turned me off on trying one. I've gone with Gigabyte my last few builds, but the board I'm looking at doesn't seem to be sold by Amazon (while the model above and below are) and I'm not too sure about buying from Newegg either.

I'm pretty much steering toward MSI now.

Back