FBI Is Pushing For Warrantless Access To Your Browsing History

HardOCP News

[H] News
Alright, this crap is seriously getting out of hand. The FBI can get pretty much anything it wants as it is, now they want warrantless access to your browsing history?

The Obama administration is pushing to amend existing privacy law in a way that critics argue would allow the government access to internet browsing histories and other metadata -- without needing a warrant. An amendment to the Electronic Communications Privacy Act (ECPA), set to be considered by the Judiciary Committee on Thursday, will allow the FBI to subpoena records associated with Americans' online communications -- so called electronic communications transactional records -- with the use of national security letters, which don't require court approval.

Because if you've done nothing wrong you have should have nothing to hide and not care who sees your browsing history. /s

It's interesting I know a lot of boomers (among others) have this attitude for real. Hell my father had this kind of attitude or at least he did until during our discussion I borrowed his laptop and asked if he would mind if I showed mom his browser history. He quickly changed his tune.

Because if you've done nothing wrong you have should have nothing to hide and not care who sees your browsing history. /s

That is a load of bullshit! I don't do anything wrong, especially on the internet, but I still don't need some self-policing entity snooping around my data. I don't see why they can't just get a warrant if there is a justifiable concern with an individual. They're just getting lazy, and don't want to jump through a hoop to do whatever they feel like doing.

Really? That's interesting. What if you are looking for a new job? What if you are closeted? What if you are seeking medical treatment for something? What of you support Trump? What if you are critical of the government? What if you don't wnat people to know where you live? Let's just go ahead and post that. So, the only fair thing would be for you Fanattic and starwars1022 to put up a public website and post your ENTIRE unedited browsing history. Until you do that, get it verified, and leave it updating then I don't take you seriously.

That is a load of bullshit! I don't do anything wrong, especially on the internet, but I still don't need some self-policing entity snooping around my data. I don't see why they can't just get a warrant if there is a justifiable concern with an individual. They're just getting lazy, and don't want to jump through a hoop to do whatever they feel like doing.

Really? That's interesting. What if you are looking for a new job? What if you are closeted? What if you are seeking medical treatment for something? What of you support Trump? What if you are critical of the government? What if you don't wnat people to know where you live? Let's just go ahead and post that. So, the only fair thing would be for you Fanattic and starwars1022 to put up a public website and post your ENTIRE unedited browsing history. Until you do that, get it verified, and leave it updating then I don't take you seriously.

apparently /s designating "end of sarcastic statement" when posting on the web isn't as universal as I thought.

Really? That's interesting. What if you are looking for a new job? What if you are closeted? What if you are seeking medical treatment for something? What of you support Trump? What if you are critical of the government? Let's just go ahead and post that. So, the only fair thing would be for you Fanattic and starwars1022 to put up a public website and post your ENTIRE unedited browsing history. Until you do that, get it verified, and leave it updating then I don't take you seriously.

Yep.

Also, until your privacy is invaded for no reason and used against you in some way you never thought could be possible, it's easy to say that. (not that I've had that happen, but at least I have the foresight to think of it as a possibility)

I don't see why they can't just get a warrant if there is a justifiable concern with an individual.

That's just it. That would be the normal, and lawful thing to do but.. You know, courts are very busy and getting the time to have a judge review and stamp your warrant is just... Think of the damages that might incure while waiting for due process!

It's interesting I know a lot of boomers (among others) have this attitude for real. Hell my father had this kind of attitude or at least he did until during our discussion I borrowed his laptop and asked if he would mind if I showed mom his browser history. He quickly changed his tune.

"Saying that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about freedom of speech because you have nothing to say."
--Snowden

What is happening in this country? We are losing all of our freedoms and supposed rights to privacy. If they need to see browsing history, they should have to get a search warrant. We have (had?) a legal system, use it. This is unreal.
Anyway from the 80's on here? Remember how to Ruskies suppressed its population, the KGB was out to get you? What the fuck happened? We must hire hired some of the KGB to manage our country.

NfYAknsDaXAkM.gif

I do all my interneting after logging into the FBI's safe surfing site.

You don't think they store my session cookie's do you?

Im sure it's saved on the websites you visit, but I mean on my own computer too?

Deleting a cookie on a computer is the same as pulling a card out of a libraries card catalog and throwing it away. Only thing is, the book is still on the shelf. That cookie is still there.

Remain Calm and Carry On. No cause for concern, here. Clinton supporters should rest easy in the knowledge that Trump may inherit these powers. Trump supporters should rest easy in the knowledge that Hillary may inherit these powers.

This time the bullet cold rocked ya
A yellow ribbon instead of a swastika

Nothin' proper about ya propaganda
Fools follow rules when the set commands ya
Said it was blue
When ya blood was read
That's how ya got a bullet blasted through ya head

Blasted through ya head
Blasted through ya head

I give a shout out to the living dead
Who stood and watched as the feds cold centralized
So serene on the screen
You were mesmerized

Cellular phones soundin' a death tone
Corporations cold
Turn ya to stone before ya realize
They load the clip in omnicolour
Said they pack the nine, they fire it at prime time
Sleeping gas, every home was like Alcatraz
And mutha fuckas lost their minds

Just victims of the in-house drive-by
They say jump, you say how high

Run it!

Checka, checka, check it out
They load the clip in omnicolour
Said they pack the nine, they fire it at prime time
Sleeping gas, every home was like Alcatraz
And mutha fuckas lost their minds

No escape from the mass mind rape
Play it again jack and then rewind the tape
And then play it again and again and again
Until ya mind is locked in
Believin' all the lies that they're tellin' ya
Buyin' all the products that they're sellin' ya
They say jump and ya say how high
Ya brain-dead
Ya gotta fuckin' bullet in ya head

Uggh! Yeah! Yea!

Ya standin' in line
Believin' the lies
Ya bowin' down to the flag
Ya gotta bullet in ya head

Ya standin' in line
Believin' the lies
Ya bowin' down to the flag
Ya gotta bullet in ya head

A bullet in ya head
A bullet in ya head

Sorry but I can no longer associate with those of you on this thread. Because of your anti-government speech, I don't want to risk disappearing in the middle of the night.

We long ago gave up privacy for "security" I'm afraid.
I'm sure that's what they say but 99% of the people who would fall for that wouldn't have a clue how that would make them safer and are not asking for it.

So long ago we gave up privacy and accepted the idea others around us were following the cliche 'trading security for safety' and decided not to fight. Best piece of social engineering of the century so far.

Clearly their main goal now is to straight up diminish/end all online political dissent/government dissent through all possible channels. If we the people know they're really watching exactly what is said online and where it's said (plus know every other site you visit/visited) a lot/most people will absolutely change their tone as to not become the next target for abuse from government power. If this passes, it's all downhill from here folks. This is an indirect threat from the US government to every single citizen of the USA.

Hey FBI, you're a fucking terrorist organization by definition now, and you're literally terrorising your own people!!! Fuck You!

Flagged words: My dick is a bomb. Obama, nuclear, drone strikes, crooked clinton, Israel, NWO, 9/11, disposition matrix, aliens, GMO, kill, how to get away with baking, Trump, climate change is a, hoax, whistle blower, and end federal taxation.

Last edited:
So long ago we gave up privacy and accepted the idea others around us were following the cliche 'trading security for safety' and decided not to fight. Best piece of social engineering of the century so far.

Look at a lot of the stuff from the cold war era (not sure if it's from before, as well). Government pushing fear into the American people. We NEED them to protect us. We NEED them to take care of us. We NEED to help them with that. From McCarthyism to terrorism and everything else - we have to keep an eye out for the bad guys by invading others privacy. It's the only way to be sure to get them before they get us.

Sadly, this will pass. The EFF and others won't be able to stop it. It'll get some push back, but a lot of people are of the "if you have nothing to hide..." mindset. Which I get. When I take a shit, I want my privacy. When I jerk off, I want my privacy. When I'm out in my back yard tanning, I want my privacy.

They just want more and more and more and more.

The BIG BROTHER is drooling at how powerful it is getting and is very excitied to rape USA's privacy rights as soon as the law is passed.

This has been out of control for a long time. But every idiot parroted the old stupid line of "if you got nothing to hide then whats the matter?"
Us Americans have been so stupid about our freedoms, politics, and laws for so long that we honestly deserve this.

So the site you may visit that is flagged stays up but the people who visit it get arrested. This is called entrapment in my book. Entrapment is illegal. So a browser hijack from some adware I got from sourceforge That makes my clicks goto said website is now my fault.

I wish they would at least spit on it before they slam it in.

Back