Favorite Reservoirs

Looks like a nice setup, but whats with the black cord going into the reservoir, by the way i like the ati and abit fans you took apart :)

Think of the tubing like a river, the narrower the river the slower the flow as more of its contents are coming in contact with the walls causing increased drag.

I like this one:

DSC00050.JPG

Of course, I went with my second, slightly less ghetto design. (yes, thats condensation :D )

WC4.JPG

I think the fass-o-matic by innovatek is pimp as all hell, I know many of you consider it too restrictive for a decent system, but its just sweeet.

The one I like and use is the Aquacomputer Aquatube that I purchased at snt-mods.com. SnT also offers a mod for 1/2 inch tubing and the Aquazilla. Nice looking and no leaking!! :D

whoami? said:
http://www.mcmaster.com/

Do a search on acrylic tube. Select Acrylic Tube, 12" length (or whatever length you want), Cast Acrylic. For example, a 12" hollow tube of cast acrylic, with a 2" inner diameter and a thickness of .125" will cost 11.63. Search for acrylic discs at 2-1/4" and pick up two of those (I actually used one for the bottom and have a rubber overcap to seal the top and make is easy to fill). Two hole saw drill bits, some marine goop, and 2 pipe fittings, and you've got a nice completely clear reservoir. Granted it doesn't look very professionally done, but unless you're staring at it from 6 inches or less it looks damn nice It's been running in my system for a little over a year now without a single leak. Loos very cool under UV with the right dye.

One thing I will warn you....unless you have a drill press to drill the holes for the barbs, you might want to pick up 2-3 tubes, as it can be a bitch to drill by hand. Trust me on this.

Thanks for the info. As we speak, McMaster-Carr should be processing my order. :D

I currently use an Aquatube and a Tank-O-Matic on my 1/4" system and will probably pickup the Swiftech bayres for my 3/8" system.

MikeTimbers said:
The Criticool Waterplant works well.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. Back when I had a 1/2" ID system I had the Waterplant. It's pretty basic but you can use it horizontally or vertically and it looks pretty nice.

Back