Votes: 11 8.3%
  • Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • Need for Speed: Carbon

Votes: 5 3.8%

• Total voters
Underground 2. Not in your poll, afaik.

The cops in MW pissed me off.

as the years have gone on I cant stand EA.

C&C3 is the last EA game for me.

Cop chases in NFS:MW were some of the most intense moments I've had gaming in recent times :D

I went with hot pursuit because it was totally and completely awesome, but also a huge jump up from need for speed 2, which in and of itself was very good.

I voted underground cause underground 2 was the best, and since its not on here, I just voted like it was the Underground series! :)

Hot pursuit, with all of the high end exotics, that I had never even heard of, got me to loving the Cala's and the Italdesign Schigera. However, in voting for best overall gameplay/innovation...PORSCHE UNLEASHED, hands down. The old cars that through the game's economy, because expensive and collectible later. The idea that you can't always buy THIS ONE PARTICULAR CAR as you progress through the game. The Porsche Team driver challenges...the career mode races...the parts upgrades that could be tuned....it was a hell of a game, I recall playing that game over and over for about 2 years after I got it. I still own it, and all of my other NFS's...all the way back to 1.

If you disagree with me, I respect your opinion. You are entitled to have your own...and be wrong.:D

***NOTE*** You also did not have the NFS 2 Special Edition in there.

***NOTE*** You also did not have the NFS 2 Special Edition in there.

I didn't figure that one was different enough from NFS2 to warrant a seperate spot on the poll. I intentionally left off Motor City Online, too, since it's debatable on whether or not it's really a NFS game. I forgot about Underground 2, but I'm hoping a moderator will come along and add it to my poll...since I can't edit it.

I chose Underground but I wanted to choose Underground 2 but it aint there.

thats a really hard vote, i loved NFS and NFS 3: hot pursuit for the PS1!! But love NFSII, NFSU1, NFSU2, and NFSMW for the PC!!! I guess to save the pole i won't vote!

I can atleast tell you NFSHP2 and NFS Carbon Suck!

Most wanted will probably win this poll simply based on the average (young) age of the game forum dwellers...most of who never experienced Porsche Unleashed back in it's heyday when the graphics were considered very good. Those who experienced it by getting it to run on XP have to imagine the same game with todays graphics to get the full scope..

edit- If Porsche does end up winning by a wide margin someone should forward this thread to EA brass.

I still think the original was the best, closely followed by Porsche Unleashed. Then the High Stakes and Hot Pursuit's.

Underground, Underground 2, Most Wanted, and Carbon; The idea is great but I'm sick and tired of this boy racer/street racer/drifting bullshit. They might as well have called Most Wanted and Carbon, Underground 3 and 4 because they are all pretty much the same.

I still think the original was the best, closely followed by Porsche Unleashed. Then the High Stakes and Hot Pursuit's.

Underground, Underground 2, Most Wanted, and Carbon; The idea is great but I'm sick and tired of this boy racer/street racer/drifting bullshit. They might as well have called Most Wanted and Carbon, Underground 3 and 4 because they are all pretty much the same.
Carbon just seemed like a rushed and stripped down hybrid of Underground2/MW...didn't work for me. It not only is the shortest NFS game that I can recall but also the first one that I had no desire to go back and play again.

Of all time ? NFS III Hot Pursuit. Instant classic. Sadly, I never played Porsche Unleashed.

Of the recent games, I like Most Wanted. I didn't like Underground or Carbon.

I really wanted to vote for the original NFS, but if I were to loan one game out to a buddy, NFS Porsche, hands down, awesome game. NFS:p might be easier between the two to just grab and play and have a good time, especially in the history/career mode, you'll be buying, fixing up, and re-selling beaters to make money for that next Porsche in no time. Both games had great production efforts, great graphics for their time, and realistic driving physics.

and ... for 3rd place, NFS Underground I

I really wanted to vote for the original NFS, but if I were to loan one game out to a buddy, NFS Porsche, hands down, awesome game.

The original NFS was my favorite until PU came out. It's been my favorite, ever since.

The original. Great memories, and overall it was a fun and good looking game.

Cop chases in NFS:MW were some of the most intense moments I've had gaming in recent times :D

Quoted for truth.
Nothing, and I mean nothing comes close to as much fun as the cop chase camero challenge.

Glad to see Carbon gets no votes

MW was fun, but I cut my teeth on Hot Pursuit 2. The exotics got me going, and I loved the police chases/multiplayer.

I never played Porche, because I thought a game full of Porches would be somewhat boring....one of the fun things about the NFS games is playing with Lambos and etc.

TNFS was my favourite, followed by 4/3 and 5. Hated everything after that.

Carbon for me. Not for the story mode, for the Pursuit Knockout multiplayer and the more enjoyable city to roam around when running from cops.

I'm very doubtful. They're probably just launching a proper web site and releasing more media on the 31st. This is EA. Marketing is their thing.

All the games before Underground were the best. Porsche would be my favourite since it looked great, handled really well and was great fun to play, but i'm not a Porsche lover so High Stakes takes my vote.

Ahhhhh those were the days, when a NFS game was all about racing. The point to point races over rolling hills and small towns. Great scenery and great cars where you had to win using skills rather than just buying a bigger turbo as in the newer games. Since underground, the series has been all about the bastardisation of the street racing scene.

Test Drive Unlimited is more what an old NFS game should have evolved into. So much more fun.

I can't help but imagine a remake of Porsche Unleashed (or Ferrari, lamborghini etc..) with todays graphical power AND the detailed damage modeling they are apparently adding to this latest ricer game. And yes....all of the makers I mentioned allow damage modeling to both their current models (check out Forza 2 demo) and also the historic ones. Since nearly everyone who makes racing games uses these cars I assume no single game company has a lock on licensing.....I hope some company other than EA (SimBin?) sees the need for another game like PU and spends the time/money to do it right.:cool:

NFS: High Stakes was easily my favorite. There's an insane amount of cars and tracks you can download for that game. Someone even made a patch to allow higher polygon counts for the cars. No other NFS came close to doing that. I think I still have a prog to let me change the car ID number so I could squeeze all 50 I wanted it the game.

tNFS, PU, HS, then everything else after that.

I remember riding my bike down to the local video story to rent a 3DO and tNFS. I rented the game the first time not knowing anything about it. Fell in love. Then purchased it for PC when it eventually came out. I remember not even bothering to race much in the game, I simply played to enjoy driving the cars... and flipping, rolling, crashing them, etc, etc. Ahh.. I still have a ton of replays of my tNFS crashes :D

I gotta go with High Stakes. A friend of mine got me into the career mode and it was pretty good. The car repairs and upgrading of Fourth Gen Camaros's and WS6 firebirds had me fucking sold! IT was A LOT of fun and the tracks were good, cars had realistic handling and was overall just a good game. NFS:3 was also another good game I spent a lot hours playing. So in all.. i'd go

NFS:High Stakes
NFS:III Hot Pursuit
NFS:II (a lot of hours on PSX with that game, plus the soundtrack was fucking good!)

Although I never played Porsche I keep hearing it's really good so maybe if I can find it in the classics section or used section i'll pick it up. I just never liked the idea of just having a Porsche :(.

Back