• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Favorite flight sim

A company in the UK has apparently purchased the rights for both FSX and the Flight Simulator brand from Microsoft, and was supposedly working on a new version of it. However, I don't know what happened with it... Dovetail games? I guess they were able to get FSX put up on Steam.
Here is Dovetails new Flight Sim:
 
I bought X Plane 10 right before X Plane 11 came out, and I really wasn't impressed. I went back to FSX...

I saw a real pilot say Xplane11 is realistic flight model and FSX isn't. I don't have Xplane11 and have FSX but I think I will switch to 11 next time it goes on sale.
 
I saw a real pilot say Xplane11 is realistic flight model and FSX isn't. I don't have Xplane11 and have FSX but I think I will switch to 11 next time it goes on sale.

The flight modeling is only half of the game. Maybe I'm just a knob, but the 'atc' in XPlane 10 is... Not really ATC. The ATC in FSX isn't 'really ATC' either, but it's worlds better than X Plane 10's was. The flight modeling doesn't really make a ton of difference for flying IMC. The flight model only matters for how the plane handles in flight, and that's just a part of flying.

I had a whopping 125 gb of addon stuff for FX 9. I would sometimes have to hold for over 2 hours to get into NYC, due to the volume of traffic... Not something I ever saw in X Plane 10.

I can't speak about X Plane 11, as I don't have it, and at this time, I'm not interested in getting it. Too busy playing FO4 to start flight simming again.
 
Back
Top