Favorite flight sim

A company in the UK has apparently purchased the rights for both FSX and the Flight Simulator brand from Microsoft, and was supposedly working on a new version of it. However, I don't know what happened with it... Dovetail games? I guess they were able to get FSX put up on Steam.
Here is Dovetails new Flight Sim:

I bought X Plane 10 right before X Plane 11 came out, and I really wasn't impressed. I went back to FSX...

I saw a real pilot say Xplane11 is realistic flight model and FSX isn't. I don't have Xplane11 and have FSX but I think I will switch to 11 next time it goes on sale.

I saw a real pilot say Xplane11 is realistic flight model and FSX isn't. I don't have Xplane11 and have FSX but I think I will switch to 11 next time it goes on sale.

The flight modeling is only half of the game. Maybe I'm just a knob, but the 'atc' in XPlane 10 is... Not really ATC. The ATC in FSX isn't 'really ATC' either, but it's worlds better than X Plane 10's was. The flight modeling doesn't really make a ton of difference for flying IMC. The flight model only matters for how the plane handles in flight, and that's just a part of flying.

I had a whopping 125 gb of addon stuff for FX 9. I would sometimes have to hold for over 2 hours to get into NYC, due to the volume of traffic... Not something I ever saw in X Plane 10.

I can't speak about X Plane 11, as I don't have it, and at this time, I'm not interested in getting it. Too busy playing FO4 to start flight simming again.

Back