Faulty motherboard?

andrus

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 13, 2007
Messages
362
Was playing around with some bios settings and had to do a cmos reset... So I hit the cmos reset switch and now my motherboard fails to post. The fans start to spin up for a split-second but the motherboard shuts off before even giving me an error code (this is a z77x-ud3h with an error code display). Have tried using the cmos jumper, switching between the two bioses, taking out the battery, taking out all unnecessary devices. Also worth mentioning that it will only even start to boot up the first time after cycling my PSU off and on. Any subsequent attempts to power on don't do anything...

Am I SOL? If so, I imagine it is the motherboard and not the CPU that is faulty.. Am I right in thinking this?
 
Well that's lame... I guess hitting my CMOS reset switch somehow killed the motherboard -_-
 
Or whatever BIOs settings you were messing with....

But try different RAM, CPU, PSU, and GPU if you can.
 
try taking out the 4 pin atx 12v power connector and see if it powers on
if it does, motherboard maybe faulty
 
Back
Top