Faulty K8N Neo Plat

fiberoptik

Limp Gawd
Just looking for a few opinions. I have been having strange things happining with my new Neo and I was wonderging if anyone else is having similar problems. First off.... My Microphone seems to un-mute itself at strange times.. Software glitch? Maybe.. But it happens at random. Also, to anyone not using sata with this board.. I keep getting that SIL sata bios search during boot even though I disabled it in BIOS.. Not huge deal.. mostly annoying.. And most importantly.. I can NOT get this board to overclock past 233mhz FSB. Im using 2x PQI PC 3700 512 sticks and an Athlon 64 3200. Is my mobo defective?

On my Neo4 SLI I would get that SIL search after I flashed back to the original BIOS from a Beta one I tried, but when I cleared the CMOS, it went away.

Do you give the CPU more voltage to get past 233FSB? When I do that, my board won't post. I'm limited in my BIOS overclocking to whatever I can get on stock voltage. Can you overclock past 233 in windows using ClockGen or some other windows based overclocking utility?

Back