• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Fatal1ty Gaming Headset Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Creative is a "we don't know what" company. They survive by sheer brute force and size, not quality of products. (Creative makes more than crappy speakers and sound cards.) Am I surpised that a $300 'Fatal1ty' headset from Creative is crap? No. They expect you to pay for the Fatal1ty branding, and couldn't care less about putting any "kwality" into the product.
 
LOL, I can't believe people are actually dissappointed. Headphones made by creative with the fatal1ty name attached to them, who would of thought they would suck (sarcasm if you couldn't tell)?
 
I don't expect much from Creative. The only worthwhile product they have are their soundcards only because there isn't much competition in that market.
 
AreEss said:
Creative is a "we don't know what" company. They survive by sheer brute force and size, not quality of products. (Creative makes more than crappy speakers and sound cards.) Am I surpised that a $300 'Fatal1ty' headset from Creative is crap? No. They expect you to pay for the Fatal1ty branding, and couldn't care less about putting any "kwality" into the product.
Can you substantiate your opinion? Creative sound cards are the de facto standard in the market. Also, have you heard the thx line of creative speakers? They are currently the thx certified 7.1 speakers are also the standard of quality for 7.1 speakers. I think you must be referring to the inspire series when you stated "crappy". In truth, the inspire line is great for the cost. I purchased my 7.1 inspire t7700s for only $70. Only $20 more when the logitech x-530s are on sale (and I think it just ended). Don't take this personally, but until you can elaborate on your accusations, I regard you as a fanb0i who is mad at creative for either not trying their products, or because you expected your sound card to make toast for you.
 
CompuGeek said:
Can you substantiate your opinion? Creative sound cards are the de facto standard in the market. Also, have you heard the thx line of creative speakers? They are currently the thx certified 7.1 speakers are also the standard of quality for 7.1 speakers. I think you must be referring to the inspire series when you stated "crappy". In truth, the inspire line is great for the cost. I purchased my 7.1 inspire t7700s for only $70. Only $20 more when the logitech x-530s are on sale (and I think it just ended). Don't take this personally, but until you can elaborate on your accusations, I regard you as a fanb0i who is mad at creative for either not trying their products, or because you expected your sound card to make toast for you.

You kidding, right? THX is nothing more than a label almost any speaker can have if enough money is thrown to George Lucas. If you are truly hifi then you wouldn't even consider computer speakers as an option. It seems you are Creative's !!!!!! :)
 
Im sorry I needed a third post, but the first two were responses to off topic posts.
Anyway, I don't think we should bash a product that hasn't even been released yet. If it is a good product, I wouldn't mind paying a premium to have a dorky guy's name on it (yes I am jealous of him, and so are all of you). Hell, no one here seems to mind paying the premium for Asus motherboards, but seem to bash Bose, Creative, and Microsoft out of this surmised notion that they will become "cool" if they portray themselves as iconoclasts. No one complains when an Asus board costs 2x as much as a gigabyte board when the asus board has 3 more SATA cables and one extra lan port.
 
synergyo1 said:
You kidding, right? THX is nothing more than a label almost any speaker can have if enough money is thrown to George Lucas. If you are truly hifi then you wouldn't even consider computer speakers as an option. It seems you are Creative's !!!!!! :)
Note, I said computer speakers. Did I say they were the best 7.1 speakers? I said they were the standard of quality for 7.1 computer speakers. If I were more vindictive, I would report you for flaimbaiting me with the unsubstantiated fanb0i accusation.
 
CompuGeek said:
Note, I said computer speakers. Did I say they were the best 7.1 speakers? I said they were the standard of quality for 7.1 computer speakers. If I were more vindictive, I would report you for flaimbaiting me with the unsubstantiated fanb0i accusation.

Well geez I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. Five posts so far and twentry percent of it are calling regulars here fa nboys. I wonder who else is doing the flamebaiting...
 
AreEss said:
Creative is a "we don't know what" company. They survive by sheer brute force and size, not quality of products. (Creative makes more than crappy speakers and sound cards.) Am I surpised that a $300 'Fatal1ty' headset from Creative is crap? No. They expect you to pay for the Fatal1ty branding, and couldn't care less about putting any "kwality" into the product.

QFT, I liked creative until they branded with Fagtality, what a joke he is. They aren't very good with their customers either.
 
Well, at least I thoroughly explained my opinions instead of flinging accusations with no basis. If everyone in this forum were like you, then I wouldn't want to be in this forum, because as far as I can conject, people with 100+ posts are far more important than people with 10. I think I deserve the same amount of respect here as everyone else.
synergyo1 said:
Well geez I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. Five posts so far and twentry percent of it are calling regulars here fa nboys. I wonder who else is doing the flamebaiting...
 
RailGunRiz said:
QFT, I liked creative until they branded with Fagtality, what a joke he is. They aren't very good with their customers either.
I personally haven't had any problems with creative's service. You only hear about people with problems about creative's products because people are more inclined to vent their problems than state how well their product performs. If creative's products even had a one percent failure rate (due to manufacture defect, and not boneheads who inadvertently wreck their own product), then creative wouldn't exist as it's competitors would use this to their advantage.
 
CompuGeek said:
Well, at least I thoroughly explained my opinions instead of flinging accusations with no basis. If everyone in this forum were like you, then I wouldn't want to be in this forum, because as far as I can conject, people with 100+ posts are far more important than people with 10. I think I deserve the same amount of respect here as everyone else.

I do truly apologize for not explaining my opinions in a more civilized manner.
However, you should look further than that one bad post I made before labeling someone. Respect is earned as far as I'm concern and so far we have zero of it for eachother. You won't be earning any by making threats and calling people fa nboys.
 
CompuGeek said:
I think I deserve the same amount of respect here as everyone else.
With posts like the ones in this thread, I wouldn't respect you. You've been added to my mental list of people to avoid and discredit (although I'm sure you'll just make a new account once your's gets banned again).
 
Don't tell me you're one of the "established" forum members here. Seriously, after searching through helpful threads, any technical guru found here should be disgusted by you trying to represent them. Yes, you are attempting to represent them because you are implying that there's already proper clause to ban me based on my "discredible" posts. I gave my input, and supported them with logical evidence. You didn't even say what was wrong with my posts in trying to assassinate my character.
 
Agreed. I just read the link. $290 is quite a hefty price and it better not turn out to be another tri port. I would consider buying it if it sounded like $250 headphones and if the microphone performed like $40 microphones. With creative's resources, they could manufacture $200 sound headphones, but I really hope I'm not paying $100 for headphones and $150 for a gamer's name. Creative's Michael Jordan worked for Nike strategy won't work because any average gamer who really thinks his hardware will make him perform better doesn't care to know who this fatality guy is, and any person who knows about fatality understands that hardware with the only distinguishing difference being his name, is not worth the premium.
Edit: I didn't realize the article was a review and thought it was a preview. When I said I read the link, I meant I read the specs :(
 
CompuGeek said:
You didn't even say what was wrong with my posts.
You're doing a fine job of that yourself. No further input needed from my end.

^_^
 
After actually reading the review, no one in their right mind would buy this headset. Maybe the price can go down to something reasonable like $200 if no one buys it, but as of now, Creative is trying to milk poor fatality for all he's worth, most notably, whatever credibility his name had regarding computer hardware. It is fatality's fault for destroying his own name, but he can't be blamed for that. He is making money quick. How much can one hope to make by just playing video games all day?
Edit: On a side note, you can't bag the headset for it's looks. I like how it looks because it looks like a poor man's hd 280s, the headphones I already own and love.
 
i dont mind fatal1ty selling his name and endorsing products.. But I would think that he would want his name associated with at least "good" products...
 
osirus35 said:
i dont mind fatal1ty selling his name and endorsing products.. But I would think that he would want his name associated with at least "good" products...

Exactly. If you're going to put your name on a product, wouldnt you want to test it out yourself and make sure it doesnt suck ass first? Maybe he just doesnt have any control over it at this point. Im sure he's signed plenty of contracts by now. They probably tell him "We're going to design a gaming headset and we'd like your name to be on it. We'll pay you $X amount to use it when you game in tournaments.". I'm sure after they tell him this, he doesnt give a damn about what it sounds like. Very unfortunate though.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top