Far Cry AI = Stupid

I have to agree with these criticisms of Crysis. Sure, it has fantastic graphics, sandbox style gameplay, great weapons and suit abilities, buuuuuuuut, The AI is pitiful and brings the game down so much. With challenging AI, it could have been an FPS masterpiece.

Example: 2 guys walk your way, shoot one in the head while hidden, the other will duck down and creep around the body looking for you. For christs sake your compadre just got whacked, take cover, don't walk near the body. This isn't an isolated event either. Happens all the time.

Wow, after spending 5 minutes reading this entire thread Ive come to 3 conclusions.

1. I want my 5 minutes back.

2. Crysis AI wasn't as bad for me as those videos show. How do you get on a boat with the enemy? I want to try that and kill the driver just to drive around the enemy gunner.

3. Farcry 2 looks awesome... cant wait to see the AI fro myself.

Oh and that picture of the special Olympian..... just wrong.... watch out for lightning.

The fact that you actually care enough to post that shows how ignorant you are. Internet Forum Warrior FTW.

I thought you were done here. Read what others have posted instead of just me. Good luck next thread.

I was just checkin out that gameplay vid again and I dont think it was an example of poor AI. The part where one dude gets sniped and the other guy doesnt do anything. That character looked injured, crouching down, clutching his stomach. It actually looked like the other AI was protecting the injured character. Sure the AI doesnt look like it's powered by a super computer, but it aint half bad either.. I'm gonna dig it when it's released :D

Finally had a chance to go through these. Crysis AI isn't that great, but it can't be this bad either. Looks like all of these were from the demo.

i like how people bitch about AI, you know how hard it is to make realistic AI

those are just glitches and some were probably done on purpose because I remember seeing those vids discussed when Crysis first came out. thats not typical Crysis AI and you know that if you actually played the game. I have played through Crysis plenty of times and NEVER saw anything like like that. :rolleyes:

those are just glitches and some were probably done on purpose because I remember seeing those vids discussed when Crysis first came out. thats not typical Crysis AI and you know that if you actually played the game. I have played through Crysis plenty of times and NEVER saw anything like like that. :rolleyes:

I have seen and replicated most of those situations on Delta difficulty.

-The bullet dodging AI from a distance.
-The Boat AI that shoots at you from 500 yards away and doesn't blink when you're on board with them. (Swim to the boat, use speed mode and then strength mode to get out of the water and into the boat).
-I've had AI run straight past me, not care if their buddy is dead, or just plain run into walls.
-I've also played most of Warhead's alien section by staying cloaked and uncloaking for a second to shoot a gauss round into them. Same thing with some of the villages and checkpoints in the original Crysis. You don't even have to move, just stand still, uncloak, headshot, cloak, repeat.

Played the game. The AI was a huge failure after what they promised from it. Game was boring, case closed.

AI does suck . . . but I can't tell you how many times I've been ran over in a Jeep by the AI. I'd say that they are smart to an extent . . . :D

Haha, are you really so bitter about the kicking you got that you felt the need to resurrect your own thread just to post a silly one-line self-affirmation?

That's pitiful, son.

Does the AI behavior seem to change at all depending on difficulty? I went straight for hardcore and haven't noticed overt retarded AI, but I can tell they must have predator vision when I'm running through the jungle..

I bought my dad a copy too, a huge FarCry 1 fan, and he played on normal. Pitiful AI. They blatantly run out into the open, directly into his iron sights to get blasted away. They sprint out of cover, right past him, stare at him, and just eat lead. Some shot at walls. Just terrible. Haven't noticed this bad behavior in my game, but we got a good chuckle out of his.

My biggest gripe is thinking the AI is dead only to watch them raise like a zombie. How many bullets does it take?......arrgghhh

Does the AI behavior seem to change at all depending on difficulty? I went straight for hardcore and haven't noticed overt retarded AI, but I can tell they must have predator vision when I'm running through the jungle..

I bought my dad a copy too, a huge FarCry 1 fan, and he played on normal. Pitiful AI. They blatantly run out into the open, directly into his iron sights to get blasted away. They sprint out of cover, right past him, stare at him, and just eat lead. Some shot at walls. Just terrible. Haven't noticed this bad behavior in my game, but we got a good chuckle out of his.

interesting, i'll have to try it on Hardcore difficulty. anyone know if you can dynamically change difficulty (don't have to start a new game)?

My biggest gripe is thinking the AI is dead only to watch them raise like a zombie. How many bullets does it take?......arrgghhh

i love this part of the game. it's cool walking around after you've cleared a checkpoint and hearing a guy on the ground moaning, reaching for his handgun. i always pull out the knife and finish him off. it's dementedly satisfying.

interesting, i'll have to try it on Hardcore difficulty. anyone know if you can dynamically change difficulty (don't have to start a new game)?

i love this part of the game. it's cool walking around after you've cleared a checkpoint and hearing a guy on the ground moaning, reaching for his handgun. i always pull out the knife and finish him off. it's dementedly satisfying.

I know you can change the difficulty mid-game, but you get to test to see if it actually applies to the current game. :D Esc > Options > Game and switch it to Hardcore or higher.

Haha, are you really so bitter about the kicking you got that you felt the need to resurrect your own thread just to post a silly one-line self-affirmation?

That's pitiful, son.

Are you really that insignificant in life that you have the need to reply in such a manner? I said I would come back after playing the game and I have. There is no need to elaborate on the subject of the AI. The devs promised advanced AI which was supposedly going to be some of the best yet and I would say they severely underperformed. Instead of attacking me how about you do something more constructive in your insignificant life. That or say something a little bit more creative. Thanks.

Back