Far Cry 6

Why does the camera switch to 3rd person in camps? It's so awkward, and the lips don't even move when the character is talking on the phone. And I'm pretty sure female dani has the male walking animations as well. Why do they even put this in if they are going to make such a low effort?

Picked up the .50 sniper rifle early this morning. Iron sights which is a good challenge. Also got the unique SVD mentioned earlier in the thread.

One of the issues I have with the game is bullet drop. 100 meter shot the round drops drastically, a lot more than it should; with or without the suppressor.

I've fired the SVD, M.82a and a Serbu .50 bolt action in real life and there is nowhere near the bullet drop as there is in this game. I'm hoping there is a fix for it soon.

Picked up the .50 sniper rifle early this morning. Iron sights which is a good challenge. Also got the unique SVD mentioned earlier in the thread.

One of the issues I have with the game is bullet drop. 100 meter shot the round drops drastically, a lot more than it should; with or without the suppressor.

I've fired the SVD, M.82a and a Serbu .50 bolt action in real life and there is nowhere near the bullet drop as there is in this game. I'm hoping there is a fix for it soon.
What? There is zero bullet drop in the game for me. I had to force myself to completely disregard bullet drop and just aim direcly at the enemy no matter how far it is. Maybe it only applies to specific weapons.

My character used a flashlight in very dark caverns or tunnels in Esperanza city. The only time I've ever seen it used. Didn't know it existed. It was automatic use, so apparently it's not possible to turn it on and off whenever you feel like it.

Don't know if there are any other really dark locations or anyplace else where he or she uses the flashlight, personal light device, penlight or whatever the heck it's called. But I hope to see it used again because gadgets are interesting.

It's automatic. Your character will bust it out in certain caves, too. With HDR enabled, the flashlight looks really, really weird. It makes everything look gray and hazy. Very unnatural.

What? There is zero bullet drop in the game for me. I had to force myself to completely disregard bullet drop and just aim direcly at the enemy no matter how far it is. Maybe it only applies to specific weapons.
I'm pretty sure there is bullet drop... at least on snipers.

Last edited:
The bigger issue is that bullet drop is largely irrelevant since the view distance is so short.

Why does the camera switch to 3rd person in camps? It's so awkward, and the lips don't even move when the character is talking on the phone. And I'm pretty sure female dani has the male walking animations as well. Why do they even put this in if they are going to make such a low effort?

Yes. This is a peculiar and needless design choice.

I solo'd the Special Operations mission at Mesozoic Park and found it both difficult and not overly fun. There's certainly some challenge but it's kind of a pain in the ass- probably why this kind of mission type is in its own separate area than the main game? Maybe I also didn't have the right weapons or gear. I died about three times, all at the end "horde" part of the mission.

The "premium" currency is a whole new level of bullshit. That said, I found a cache for 400 additional in the map that was not advertised as one of the rewards, so I was able to "buy" the MP5.

Definitely on snipers. Isn't as severe on the D50.

Yes. This is a peculiar and needless design choice.

First time it happened I hoped it wouldn't be permanent. Thankfully it isn't.

I solo'd the Special Operations mission at Mesozoic Park and found it both difficult and not overly fun. There's certainly some challenge but it's kind of a pain in the ass- probably why this kind of mission type is in its own separate area than the main game? Maybe I also didn't have the right weapons or gear. I died about three times, all at the end "horde" part of the mission.

The "premium" currency is a whole new level of bullshit. That said, I found a cache for 400 additional in the map that was not advertised as one of the rewards, so I was able to "buy" the MP5.

Why are you 'buying' anything whether free currency or not?

MP5 can be had, along with any other weapon, in special chests which are revealed when rescuing hostages or by other means.

Why are you 'buying' anything whether free currency or not?

MP5 can be had, along with any other weapon, in special chests which are revealed when rescuing hostages or by other means.
I guess I'm not there yet. I got to the first village, and I checked out the Special Operations / Black Market.

I have no idea what weapons can be found/bought.

You can seemingly find every weapon/armor in chests. That said, there are literally hundreds of those damned chests scattered everywhere. What item is in what chest is partially randomized, too. If you have some kind of Ubi money and want to use it, you might as well. Ditto with the normal in-game currency that lets you buy stuff from vendors. What else are you gonna use it for? Might as well buy the guns you want. The further I get, the more I find myself sticking with the special named weapons, though. I feel like the normal weapons can be better, but you don't unlock a lot of that stuff for a while.

Where on earth does the game store screenshots? I've been pressing f12 for days now thinking I'm making screenshots, but they aren't anywhere.

Where on earth does the game store screenshots? I've been pressing f12 for days now thinking I'm making screenshots, but they aren't anywhere.
It's in the Ubisoft Connect's settings menu, under "Other."

Reactions: M76
like this
I believe it's in a subfolder under your user's default Pictures directory. I had to look it up, too.

Unfortunately that AF tweak in the nVidia CP didn't fix the low-res texture issue. For now I guess we have to play with HD textures off until they fix it.

The new Nvidia drivers that rolled out today totally eliminated any of the tiny hitches I was getting earlier. Obviously YMMV, but they're worth a shot.
Yeah, I read that elsewhere as well. I didn't see anything about fixing the low-res textures, but performance is apparently improved.

Performance seems better with these new drivers, but yeah, the texture issue is still there.

Nexus Mods for the game is up: https://www.nexusmods.com/farcry6
They have a few mods up including some reshades. But some may require a separate mod installer from Discord so some posters may not like that. I'd rather manually drop mod files in or edit files. But if I have no other choice than to deal with a mod installer I may consider it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
The stutter im getting goes away if i change DisableLoadingMip0="0" to DisableLoadingMip0="1" in the gamerprofile.xml file. But i think this can affect textures and pop in, although i haven't noticed much. was hoping new driver might help but same issue.

like this
I played a bit more, no more crashes so far, but I have been noticing annoying enemy respawns that I've heard mentioned elsewhere. Sometimes you are trying to clear a camp and literally enemies will respawn right behind you within seconds of killing them. I'm assuming it's a bug with the spawning algorithm, but it can be frustrating when you've cleared a room and suddenly you have to come back and clear it again because an enemy just randomly respawned there.

like this
I'm using an m16s, no bullet drop here, and with the 4x scope it is basically a sniper.

BTW The game starts to become interesting on level 10, anything before this was a walk in the park.

I played a bit more, no more crashes so far, but I have been noticing annoying enemy respawns that I've heard mentioned elsewhere. Sometimes you are trying to clear a camp and literally enemies will respawn right behind you within seconds of killing them. I'm assuming it's a bug with the spawning algorithm, but it can be frustrating when you've cleared a room and suddenly you have to come back and clear it again because an enemy just randomly respawned there.
That is supposed to be the reinforcements, but the game likes to spawn them 1m from you.

That is supposed to be the reinforcements, but the game likes to spawn them 1m from you.
Well...yeah. And they do have vehicles that pull up and bring in more troops, so that mechanic is already in place. The problem is, you can still get enemies spawning near you when you're not even in an alarm/alert status, and like you said, they spawn right next to you, sometimes seconds after you killed them.

I'm using an m16s, no bullet drop here, and with the 4x scope it is basically a sniper.

BTW The game starts to become interesting on level 10, anything before this was a walk in the park.
try the svd. I see drop there. I'm almost to level 10. a few things annoy me. the controls for mouse aim always revert back to hold and I use toggle. other things like I can't sprint out of ADS, and some things seem clunky. my call of duty skills are not welcome. haha

Not being able to penetrate aircraft glass to kill the pilot with AP rounds is pretty annoying. I got ambushed by a helicopter and basically had no way to deal with it, short of using the Supremo which was on recharge at the time.

I am also not sure how you are supposed to destroy AA turrets if there's no explosives nearby. The rocket Supremo doesn't target it so you can't use that. If you get C-4 or something later, I haven't seen it yet and I think I'm rank 5 or so.

Not being able to penetrate aircraft glass to kill the pilot with AP rounds is pretty annoying. I got ambushed by a helicopter and basically had no way to deal with it, short of using the Supremo which was on recharge at the time.

I am also not sure how you are supposed to destroy AA turrets if there's no explosives nearby. The rocket Supremo doesn't target it so you can't use that. If you get C-4 or something later, I haven't seen it yet and I think I'm rank 5 or so.
I had this happen to me too. Blast rounds and the turret on the car also do zero damage to the AA gun.

I had this happen to me too. Blast rounds and the turret on the car also do zero damage to the AA gun.
I watched a couple of videos and some show the Supremo hitting it with the rockets - for me it did not. It appears that it's inconsistent, and you may have to be really close to it. It would be nice if you could, you know, actually target things with the Supremo instead of the rockets going wherever they feel like. For me they just fired straight up into the air and did nothing.

I usually just toss a grenade at AA guns to take them out. With helicopters, you can use a rifle, but the game doesn't seem to care where you hit the damned thing. Shooting at the wheels does as much damage as shooting at the pilot. I usually use the unique shotgun with the flaming rounds. It takes a little while, but you can hide after each shot to stay fairly safe. The rocket launcher supremo is the easiest option, but one you don't always have available.

grenade launcher makes quick work of the AA, tanks, and helis. granted you have to hit the tank several times, but it's fun.

The cursor movement on the map jerks across in slightly different directions stopping for a split second at map icons like checkpoints and forts. Looking for a way to turn that off if any one knows so the movement is smooth using the keys. The other way for smooth map movement is if someone knows how to greatly speed up dragging the mouse to move on the map.

You can attach gadgets to your supremo. The dynamite works wonders on aa guns. I picked that up before I've even seen an AA gun.

When I got into the first camp, I thought the game was broken and I started looking for the button to switch back to first-person mode.
The new Nvidia drivers that rolled out today totally eliminated any of the tiny hitches I was getting earlier. Obviously YMMV, but they're worth a shot.
I think I see a small improvement, but I still get an occasional hitch. My game seems to consistently hitch when I pickup items and people are saying that this seems to be related to auto saving because the game apparently writes save data every time you pickup items (I believe it).

What’s the deal with the super low res texture on Guapo? You all notice that?

Back