Far Cry 3

I bought a 7950 and it comes with a free coupon for hitman, far cry 3 and sleeping dogs, none of those interest me. Anyone interested?

OP says FC3 is releasing on December 4th? Is it not coming to PC then, or just not Steam? I'm not seeing any mention of it on Steam yet, so I guess that means I probably won't be getting it for $4.99 this xmas. :p ...Oh well, maybe next year.

I liked FC2 just fine, btw. I've played probably a good 1000 hours of counter-strike in my lifetime, so I can't say the repetitiveness of shooting the same guys over and over really bothered me. I say it's a perfect game for people who are ok with ultra-grindy RPG's and also like good gun combat. And as a full-blown graphics whore, there was just enough eye-candy to keep me interested.

I'm looking forward to FC3, but thinking about $15 is the absolute max I'd pay for it. Will probably wait 'till it's under $10.

I bought a 7950 and it comes with a free coupon for hitman, far cry 3 and sleeping dogs, none of those interest me. Anyone interested?

Just a FYI, giving someone FarCry 3 could be constituted as a hate crime in quite a few jurisdictions.

I'm trying to grasp why a techinically sound open world FPS with some design flaws receives a worse overall internal community rating than that of RAGE; which was a fundamentally broken game, in reference to it's technical limitations and design choices.

I seem to remember RAGE getting a pretty good roasting,deservedly so. Just as FarCry 2 deserved it,compared to a real open world FPS like STALKER it failed miserably. And given the track record of it's creators,the skepticism of FarCry 3 is completely understandable.

I played FarCry2 because I played original Far Cry and loved it to death. Didn't like FarCry2 at all. The only thing I remeber from it now are endless fields of grass and constantly respawning enemies.

Farcry 3 went Gold today according to the Far Cry Facebook newsfeed :) ... so it sounds like December launch is on target :D

Farcry2 was crappy, but I talked with a developer in Montreal and he said its going to be much better and I believe its done by different crew. Was Farcry 2 ubisoft aswell? I know 3 is. .

The story has to do with saving someone from pirates and island natives, and the more you upgrade your stuff, the more you become like one of the island natives. caring less and less for the girl. I think you have an option to be more like a island native, or more like a pirate.. Something of that nature. I'll be checking it out.

Farcry2 was crappy, but I talked with a developer in Montreal and he said its going to be much better and I believe its done by different crew. Was Farcry 2 ubisoft aswell? I know 3 is. .

The story has to do with saving someone from pirates and island natives, and the more you upgrade your stuff, the more you become like one of the island natives. caring less and less for the girl. I think you have an option to be more like a island native, or more like a pirate.. Something of that nature. I'll be checking it out.

I don't even know why these games are called "Far Cry" at all. They have nothing to do with that game. Ubisoft should just stop.

Kinda looking forward to the game, I enjoyed Far Cry 2. Hope this one doesn't come with online DRM, I believe Ubisoft said they were going to ditch their online DRM, hope they keep their word.

You guys can use Dylans Mod to fix Far Cry 2 respawning, but the game is tedious by design.
FC3 has potential to be a good game, I'd be surprised if it isn't, but will it be a great game that we all replay and mention as a reference point in yrs to come.....I doubt it, but it will depend on the difficulty, as all the gameplay vids I've seen are easy as piss.

Anyone know why the heck I am getting a "Could not find suitable display settings" error on launch?

Running 3240x1920 portrait. Tried 5780x1080 landscape and same error. I matched the resolution lines up in the GamerProfileIGE.xml in games\documents folder but that had no effect.

Gosh I hate trash software, might try and get a refund with Steam I have no patience anymore for broken software.

I'm probably a little late to this party, but I've been playing FC3 over the last week and have been having a total blast. Great game in terms of visuals, gameplay, and presentation.
I dig the various sub-plots, extra missions, and fun random things to do. The different weapons are nice, too, although the "Shredder" is a borderline God weapon in most instances.
I have all of the details cranked, but MSAA disabled. That one setting seems to be a performance killer on my system. I don't really see much difference without it anyway.

Personally, I think I've had more fun with this game than pretty much any other (new) game in recent memory.

Anyone know why the heck I am getting a "Could not find suitable display settings" error on launch?

Running 3240x1920 portrait. Tried 5780x1080 landscape and same error. I matched the resolution lines up in the GamerProfileIGE.xml in games\documents folder but that had no effect.

Gosh I hate trash software, might try and get a refund with Steam I have no patience anymore for broken software.

I don't think it's an issue of trash software. I think it's more of an issue of developers not being able to predict what crazy kind of monitor setup you're going to have this month, Vega :p

I'm probably a little late to this party, but I've been playing FC3 over the last week and have been having a total blast. Great game in terms of visuals, gameplay, and presentation.
I dig the various sub-plots, extra missions, and fun random things to do. The different weapons are nice, too, although the "Shredder" is a borderline God weapon in most instances.
I have all of the details cranked, but MSAA disabled. That one setting seems to be a performance killer on my system. I don't really see much difference without it anyway.

Personally, I think I've had more fun with this game than pretty much any other (new) game in recent memory.

Except for the part where the game world feels incredibly dull after the first few missions. The story itself is a little odd (you'll see what I mean the more you get into it), and the side-quests are horrifyingly boring. IMO, anyway.

Graphics were pretty top notch, and sound design was impressive.

I'd consider Tomb Raider or Bioshock Infinite, as they're quite a lot better overall, if you haven't tried those that is.

Except for the part where the game world feels incredibly dull after the first few missions. The story itself is a little odd (you'll see what I mean the more you get into it), and the side-quests are horrifyingly boring. IMO, anyway.

Graphics were pretty top notch, and sound design was impressive.

I'd consider Tomb Raider or Bioshock Infinite, as they're quite a lot better overall, if you haven't tried those that is.

I'm pretty far (just unlocked the southern island and have all of the weapons/add-ons) and I'm still having fun with it. I've been doing the hunting/assassination/base missions as well. As far as I can tell, I've totally completed the upper island except hunting for all of those relics, which I have no plans to do. I can see how things would get boring, but I'm digging the different approaches you can take to assault the bases and whatnot.

On the plus side, I also have Tomb Raider, Bioshock, and Crysis 3 on my backlog going into Spring/Summer, so I'll be enjoying those too :)

Back