Far Cry 3 for $7.49

I cant tolerate the protagonist's mewling in the beginning

Nevermind the fact that his brother and friends were murdered in front of his eyes and he's just a college kid stuck on an island filled with psychos.

This game is absolutely fun. Well worth it.

For those of you that don't have this yet...do it!

Z93 with suppressor and high power scope = god mode. :cool:

Has it been cheaper?

Cheapest I've seen was during the newegg deal. It was 75% off, just like this, but they had a 15% off promo code that stacked. I grabbed Deluxe Edition for 8.50, and Blood Dragon for 3.20 during that sale. FC3 with no DLC was $6. Honestly, the buck fifty isn't worth even a weeks wait in my opinion. Grab it now if you've never played it, cause it's a great game.

Sigh... so many cheap games, so little patience to play them. I'm going to play this one. I've been waiting for this to drop because I always overpay for silly things like South Park.

Sigh... so many cheap games, so little patience to play them. I'm going to play this one. I've been waiting for this to drop because I always overpay for silly things like South Park.

I bought in at this price and I was more than happy. Being a completionist and this game go well together because you will have plenty to do. Beautiful game and if you are like me, the best part is to fire it up, play for 15 minutes and achieve something, and then put it down. Or you could play for a few hours and have just as much fun.

Yes, this is one of my favorite games TBH. I've gotten 100% and actually started a new game the other day.

I think I'll bite when I get home. Loved Blood Dragon so it will be nice to see everything as originally skinned.

If you want to play it you can just torrent it,that way you can just bypass uplay.

Yes because pirating games makes developers want to keep developing PC games. $7.49 is more than a reasonable price to pay even if you don't like uplay.

I cant tolerate the protagonist's mewling in the beginning
Yeah, the story is a bit meh... there is a lot repetition to it, although you can get replay value by playing it differently (sit and snipe, sneak and stab, RAMBO!!!!!, etc). And the whole crafting shit from dead animal carcases is way weak, although I believe there's a mod out there that changes that.

But yeah, fun game overall. Way better than FC2

Yes because pirating games makes developers want to keep developing PC games. $7.49 is more than a reasonable price to pay even if you don't like uplay.

I'm pretty sure he was talking about actually buying the game, then using a pirated copy to play. Akin to the no-cd cracks of old. Of course he could have also been talking about "sticking it to the man" and just pirating the game... but given the theme of the game pirating seems ok :D

This game kicks ass... Nuff said.

You'll have to deal with uplay no matter what. And its not so bad really...

Well shit. The price is back up and the deal is dead. I saw "Ubisoft Week" when I checked the site yesterday and assumed the deal would be good for the rest of the week. I had just now decided to buy it and put up with the Uplay but I guess I slept too long. Bummer.

Well shit. The price is back up and the deal is dead. I saw "Ubisoft Week" when I checked the site yesterday and assumed the deal would be good for the rest of the week. I had just now decided to buy it and put up with the Uplay but I guess I slept too long. Bummer.

I'm sure it'll be on another Steam sale for Spring or Summer coming up soon.

shame the characters, dialogue, and story are all absolutely fucking horrendous. the gameplay is okay at best, and it's extremely lacking when it comes to polish.

shame the characters, dialogue, and story are all absolutely fucking horrendous. the gameplay is okay at best, and it's extremely lacking when it comes to polish.

QuestioningDog.jpg

What FPS games do you play in comparison that drew you to that conclusion? I'd really like to know, because I've yet to find one that would make me think that about FC3.

What FPS games do you play in comparison that drew you to that conclusion? I'd really like to know, because I've yet to find one that would make me think that about FC3.

none. there hasn't been a good fps in a long time. bulletstorm was probably the last decent one i can think of that had very good gameplay. i've mainly been playing third person games like assassin's creed 3/4, the batman games, splinter cell blacklist, tomb raider, and max payne 3. all of those games/series are significantly better than far cry 3 in most if not all aspects. tomb raider gets dangerously close to having fc3-tier dialogue at times. they have better writing, better stories, better characters, better audio, animations, gameplay mechanics, ui, almost everything. nothing in far cry 3 is satisfying to do. the best thing about the game is how cars feel and the way grass is rendered. really. i wish i could go into specifics better, but i stopped playing the game two or three months ago at a fairly early point in the game. the girls' conversation in the cave near the boat after returning from the burning building or whatever where you rescue one of them is what finally prompted me to uninstall it. their friend just died, they've been through a fucking horribly traumatic chain of events, and they have an incredibly inappropriate conversation that no one would ever have in that situation. before that when you're on-rails shooting at your pursuers with a grenade launcher, the ai successfully displays their complete lack of awareness for what's going on by telling me to stop missing or something when i had already killed everyone behind us using the minimum amount of shots possible. this kind of thing happened all the time. before that, i was sneaking into some stronghold that had an explosive stockpile or something i was supposed to destroy. i messed up and died, and it decided to spawn me in the direct center of the camp within line of sight of several enemies. not to mention the hilariously stupid 'tatau' shit and the extremely boring, near useless skills, radio tower climbing, crafting (lol), and how backwards and hacky it is to mod in anything. stuff like that, the completely flat water, shadow pop-in, lack of proper facial animations (what the fuck was up with your brother's face at the beginning of the game?), extremely repetitive enemy sound bytes, etc. really destroy the experience for me. if i think of anything else i'll edit this post. max payne 3 is BY FAR the pinnacle of polish. that game is perfect from start to finish in every way possible, other than the meh story.

formatting on this website sucks because it will look different on every resolution, so i'm not going to bother. :D

Last edited:
I have a significant backlog and it captured my attention long enough to finish it and do most of the side stuff. Had a lot of fun with it. I did pick it up, put it down, and start over a few months later. So I guess it wasn't instant love, but I came to enjoy the side stuff included, and didn't want to blow through it even if I could. Long story short, I spent 30+ happy hours playing it. Not a common thing for me.

Definitely worth 7 and a half bucks, though not my favorite game. I will say, though, that Uplay worked flawlessly for me. Never had a single issue with it. I didn't *like* having to deal with it, but it shouldn't be a dealbreaker, unless you have really strong principles.

The only real issue with it is that it gets repetitive REALLY fast. You are essentially doing the same few tasks over and over and over and over and...

Worth $7.50 though for sure. I don't really have any desire to play through it again, but it was a good one-time experience.

Back