Far Cry 2 play without Disc ?

wolf2009

[H]ard|Gawd
I know this topic may borders on the discussion which is not to be named.

But anyway to play FC2 without the disc. I mean it already activated with the disc, and the key, now why does it need the disc ? I don't want the disc to get scratched .

What to do ?

Wow this is like the 5th post this week alone specifically asking about FC2 no-cd. What's going on?

I guess I should ask UBIsoft for a fix, since they were so generous with Rainbox Six Vegas 2 No-CD Fix :D

I guess I should ask UBIsoft for a fix, since they were so generous with Rainbox Six Vegas 2 No-CD Fix :D

I remember reading something about the original exe having a virus, security flaw, or something of that sort and that's why they released a no-cd...

oh something about them accidentally releasing a Reloaded crack?

Vegas 2 was different, but I still liked it a lot.

As for the "Virus", what it was is that Ubisoft used some widely available no-dvd crack online, as their official no-dvd crack. Some guy opened up the patch and found his own work inside it (he singed it in hex code within the executable or something).

I actually had the game keep telling me to not insert a backup in order to play the game, oddly the error was completely incosistent, I was so annoyed with it, but securom released a patch later, and the problem has not occured again. BTW, its the legit version....

already bought retail, not spending money on it again , no WAY ! :D

As much as I see this point thrown around for no-cd patches etc, I have games on disc from the original half-life days that have been in and out of a drive countless times with NO PROBLEMS. Wtf do you? Shake your pc around in the air while you play? :rolleyes:

As much as I see this point thrown around for no-cd patches etc, I have games on disc from the original half-life days that have been in and out of a drive countless times with NO PROBLEMS. Wtf do you? Shake your pc around in the air while you play? :rolleyes:

True, but when you have a bunch of games on your pc and keep having to fumble around for discs it can be a pain, much easier to just click a shortcut and play. I've scratched my games by either dropping them when i've taken them out of the case or not properly seating them in the tray a few times. Mostly when i'm drunk :D Never enough to make a disc unreadable but still.

1. Use Nero, Alcohol 120%, or similar tool to rip an iso.
  2. Mount the iso to a virtual drive, I prefer Daemon Tools.
  3. Cloak Daemon Tools with Yasu to keep SecuRom in the dark.
  4. Enjoy!

True, but when you have a bunch of games on your pc and keep having to fumble around for discs it can be a pain, much easier to just click a shortcut and play. I've scratched my games by either dropping them when i've taken them out of the case or not properly seating them in the tray a few times. Mostly when i'm drunk :D Never enough to make a disc unreadable but still.

Ever invest in a CD book?;)

Is there a way to register your current Far Cry2 CD key onto Steam?

Back