Far Cry 2 - max settings screenshots

Looking forward to this game. Preordered from Gamestop so hopefully I get the LE. Map will come in handy

The more realistic textures and models do a lot of these screenshots, the high res and detailed arms with tats on the knuckles, freckles, rusted guns etc, it looks really good IMO

game looks really good but i still have to play crysis. Glad to see these games on steam.

This game is going to blow that piece of shit Crysis out of the water, not in just the graphics department but also in A.I and Innovations, Plus FC2 has a weather system.

This game is going to blow that piece of shit Crysis out of the water, not in just the graphics department but also in A.I and Innovations, Plus FC2 has a weather system.

:rolleyes: Wasted breath until we get our hands on it and see for ourselves.

:rolleyes: Wasted breath until we get our hands on it and see for ourselves.

Bwahahahaha you know it will be better , don't waste your breath , Crysis was a travesty.
Go watch some of the video's and look at all the innovation there putting into FC2 , Crysux had nothing of the sort. I always knew you were a Crysux fanboy Frozen;)

Here I'll even give you the link: http://www.gametrailers.com/game/5229.html

Be sure to watch the How-to trailer, its the 7th from the top.

Bwahahahaha you know it will be better , don't waste your breath , Crysis was a travesty.
Go watch some of the video's and look at all the innovation there putting into FC2 , Crysux had nothing of the sort. I always knew you were a Crysux fanboy Frozen;)

well like they said just wait and see because you cant determine shit based on the videos. Crysis sure had a good buzz going that included a few deceptions about how it would look and run. ;)

well like they said just wait and see because you cant determine shit based on the videos. Crysis sure had a good buzz going that included a few deceptions about how it would look and run. ;)

No I don't think so, somehow Crytek has brainwashed you all into believing that Crysis is a good game, I think your full of it. You can plainly see in the videos that it will be way better than Crysis. Stop lying to yourselves.

No I don't think so, somehow Crytek has brainwashed you all into believing that Crysis is a good game, I think your full of it. You can plainly see in the videos that it will be way better than Crysis. Stop lying to yourselves.
are you so delusional with your Crysis hate that you cant even fucking read? I just said that Crytek basically lied so how exactly did they brainwash me. :rolleyes:

the other point was that all this buzz could go down the crapper for Far Cry 2 just like it did for Crysis.

are you so delusional with your Crysis hate that you cant even fucking read? I just said that Crytek basically lied so how exactly did they brainwash me. :rolleyes:

the other point was that all this buzz could go down the crapper for Far Cry 2 just like it did for Crysis.

Your trickery will not work on me!:p

I already purchased it on Steam. Lets hope a game released much later than Crysis, is an improvement. ;)

I'm excited about FC2 for the game not the graphics. Cry Tech can make a bleeding edge engine, but they really, really aren't very smart about gameplay. It's only luck that they did as well as they did on Far Cry/

I dunno, people were gawking at Crysis videos a year ago, and look how poorly that turned out (in someones' eyes). I'm not saying Farcry 2 is going to be crap, in fact I think it may turn out to be a better single player experience than crysis was. However, that doesn't keep me attached to the game for weeks at a time. Crysis MP may not be all the rage, but I find myself enjoying it quite a bit. Now, the real question is will Farcry 2 live up to expecations? Considering all the games that have come out lately that have not, I will not get my hopes up because in multiple instances, the final product of a game is not what it is made out to be. I'll reserve my judgement for Farcry 2 until when I get ahold of it myself. In the meantime, sure, I'll take my Crysux multiplayer because I quite enjoy it TYVM!

All I'm really saying is, I wouldn't be so sure about yourself if I were you. I remember a few people not long ago claiming that; Spore > *, where * is any other game at the time.

You notice how it is clearly the fanboys who cast the first fanboy stones?

Crysis was not a travesty. Gothic 3 was a travesty. Crysis was exactly what everybody expected: mediocre gameplay with fantastic graphics.

Am i the only one who actually really enjoyed Crysis ? : / Even more than Warhead... i liked tha pace a little better... more time for aweing :p

And this somehow...turned into a Crysis hate thread?

LOL @ people who always says the same shit about Crysis, all graphics and no gameplay? Did you actually play the game? The first 2/3 of Crysis (especially Assault and Onslaught) blows most recent FPS out of the water. Crysis can be boring if your play style is boring. But with the pseudo-open ended maps and the powers available, it is incredibly fun if you are creative.

If a new game doesn't look atleast comparable or better than Crysis, Crysis will be mentioned.

I call it Riftsaw's Law.

why would this game have anything to do with Crysis?
If you read the thread in context, it was stated it didn't offer Crysis level graphics.
My point is... newer releases should be able to offer that level and higher. How long it will take to see it as common place is anyone quess.

If you read the thread in context, it was stated it didn't offer Crysis level graphics.
My point is... newer releases should be able to offer that level and higher. How long it will take to see it as common place is anyone quess.
okay I got you. I read too much into your other reply and got the impression that you thought this was by the same people or on the same engine. :eek:

LOL @ people who always says the same shit about Crysis, all graphics and no gameplay? Did you actually play the game? The first 2/3 of Crysis (especially Assault and Onslaught) blows most recent FPS out of the water. Crysis can be boring if your play style is boring. But with the pseudo-open ended maps and the powers available, it is incredibly fun if you are creative.

^agreed. Bashing crysis is more of a "me too" crowd. No, its not the next Halflife 2, but it ain't Doom 3 either.

Back on topic, those screenshots look pretty good. Considering its a multiplatform release I don't expect anything mind blowing. Of course it'll look better on the pc than the 360/ps3 though.

Pretty much. Plus, if you didn't play the game on Delta, your opinion is completely worthless.

I have played both Crysis games, and I can't stomach playing them a second time. Nanosuits? Come on. Aliens? Crytek ruined a decent concept, but its still a freaking island with monsters/aliens and absolutely shit multiplayer.

Leave the "but Crysis looks better crowd" to their generic corridor FPS. Enjoy archaic gameplay and your $400-$1200 worth of E-penis at 50-60fps.:p

Who knows whether Far Cry 2 will be as bad, but comparing it's video quality to Crysis in terms of its value as a game is naive.

PS: And ironically, the screenshot of the building blowing up at night actually illustrates that the game *might* actually have true destructibility. Remember the complaints of Crysis and its faux claim of full destructibility, even though you couldn't even destroy a brick building?

personally i think the jpeg compression makes this game look worse then it really is.. png is the only way to go when doing game screen shots..

So is it confirmed no Mutants in this one ala last level of Far Cry.
well if you have followed the game one bit you would know theres nothing of the sort in this game. also Far Cry had mutants for a good part of the game not just the last level.

well if you have followed the game one bit you would know theres nothing of the sort in this game. also Far Cry had mutants for a good part of the game not just the last level.

Well if I followed the game I wouldn't be asking :) Been years since I played FC1 so memory is fuzzy. His name is John Carver right?

Back