I have a fan that is really to loud... and what im doing is modding it so its not so loud. it runs less cfm yes but I was wondering could it cause damage to fan or anything.?
what im doing is, taking the 4 pin power with switch and turning it into 2 wire aka the yellow and black. this makes it like 7 volt I think. not really sure. but It makes it hella quiet.
It means that the fan is given a reduced voltage to slow it down (and quiet it down). It's usually done by grounding the fan to the power supply's +5V line instead of to a ground wire, which reduces the effective voltage to (12 - 5) = 7 volts.
any ideas? can it hurt me?
what im doing is, taking the 4 pin power with switch and turning it into 2 wire aka the yellow and black. this makes it like 7 volt I think. not really sure. but It makes it hella quiet.
It means that the fan is given a reduced voltage to slow it down (and quiet it down). It's usually done by grounding the fan to the power supply's +5V line instead of to a ground wire, which reduces the effective voltage to (12 - 5) = 7 volts.
any ideas? can it hurt me?