Fan Sues Kanye West, Jay Z's Tidal Over 'Pablo' Album

HardOCP News

[H] News
Honestly, it makes me smile to see Kanye West get sued (for any reason), but this guy has to take some of the blame for A.) believing anything Kanye West says B.) being a Kanye West fan in the first place. :D

A Kanye West fan sued the rapper and a company owned by Jay Z on Monday, saying they tricked people into subscribing to the music streaming service Tidal by fraudulently claiming it was the only way to buy West's album "The Life of Pablo." In a proposed class action lawsuit filed in San Francisco federal court, Justin Baker-Rhett said he signed up for the $9.99 a month Tidal service after West tweeted on Feb. 15 that "Pablo" would never be sold anywhere else.

I mean, your A and B points really sum up all that needs to be said.

I don't know if there's actually a case here, but it does seem pretty straightforward. The Kanye tweet was indeed a straight-up lie that probably did cause a lot of people to subscribe to Tidal.

Solution: Don't sign up for sites that you don't want to give your person information to. When people value listening to the new Kanye album over giving their information to a site they don't trust, they have issues.

It was written on the wall with him promising it's world wide release, then a special 2 week promo with Tidal, then another extension on Tidal.

Seems like a pretty straight forward case to me. I'd be pissed too.

Then again I don't have a hard on enough for any given artist that I would willingly subscribe to something on a monthly fee to listed to one album. In fact, if someone I liked did that, I'd probably stop going out of my way to listen to them.

Should have downloaded it off Pirate Bay or other popular torrent sites. I generally pay for the stuff I want that's digital (google books for the win!) But who here would shed a tear for that walking bag of dicks known as Kanye West. He's a liar, shitty business man, and all around crap excuse for a human being. And the icing on the cake is: I hear he enjoys Fish Sticks.

Kanye should be sued for releasing that dumpster fire called "The Life of Pablo".

Back