Fan spooling up often.

Xa3phod

Limp Gawd
Having a weird issue. Every time I click a web page, open a program, anything, the fan spools up. I open a new browser tab, fan spools up then slows down. Its kind of annoying. Wondering if there's a way to fix this.
Its an ASUS P8P67-M PRO with an I7-6700K overclocked to 4.5Ghz. Runs cool pretty much all the time. Uses an Evo212. Should I replace the fan with something else? Running Cinabench R20 it maxes at 79C, idles at 35C.

Thanks

Hold on here. The 6700K isn't compatible with the P67 chipset. Is the motherboard or CPU correct? Asus changed up how they did fan curves between those generations.

You are right, sorry. Posted the wrong Mobo. Its a Gigabyte Z170x-Gaming 5.
The mobo I mentioned was the mobo for my 2500K :) Sorry.

fan spin up / spin down delay

do you have this feature in the bios? or some sort of hysteresis control

What is happening is every time your CPU loads up a little and it's temp rises fans speed up. What are you using to set your fans' temp to speed curve? If you haven't already done it, download Asus Smart Fan 5 utility and set idle temp to fan speed at higher temp.

either that ^^ or set a curve in your bios where it doing ramp up until 45c+

What is happening is every time your CPU loads up a little and it's temp rises fans speed up. What are you using to set your fans' temp to speed curve? If you haven't already done it, download Asus Smart Fan 5 utility and set idle temp to fan speed at higher temp.
don't a lot of people have trouble with dip5 software? some even say that the software is almost impossible to remove due to the rootkit nature of how it interacts with the mb

Back