• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

fan replacement for xigmatek

Joined
Nov 26, 2006
Messages
620
Im looking for a good fan to replace the stock fan on my Xigmatek HDT-S1283. Right now ive got my q6600 GO at 3200mhz @ 400mhz x 9 with the vcore set to 1.37 (1.33 under load) , the cpu vtt set to 1.37, and the NB voltage set to 1.37. Anyway my temperatures are really high 54c idle and 79c load. Im afraid to continue pushing the cpu until I get the temperature under control. Im also curious what the spoiler than came with the cooler is supposed to do, does it make a big difference?
 
I use a Scythe S-Flex F (SFF21F) and it dropped my temps a bit (maybe 5C?) vs. the standard Xigmatek fan. Those temps seem a little high to begin with though...

The spoiler is supposed to direct some airflow downward toward the board, specifically targeting the VRMs. I'd guess it doesn't make much of a difference, but I'm using it. :)
 
You might want to remount and use good TIM if you are using generic TIM. I'm OCing my PC again cause I lost settings but at around 78F in room, my load is about 69-70c @ 400x9 1.33v(I think)
 
54C idle / 79C load is way too high. Even with the intel stock cooler, that is too high.

I'd remount it if I were you, and double check your case airflow.
 
OP, is that 3.2GHz or 3.6GHz? FYI 400MHz multiplied by 9 is 3.6GHz.

Also, nice overclock. ;)
 
OP, is that 3.2GHz or 3.6GHz? FYI 400MHz multiplied by 9 is 3.6GHz.

Which ever it is, do yourself and your chip a favor and scale it back 'till you get a decent fan.
 
Back
Top