Fan on processor stopped spinning

ng4ever

2[H]4U
This is my current heatsink/fan Scythe SCBSK-2100 120mm Sleeve BIG Shuriken 2 Rev. B CPU Cooler

What should I do ? How do I get a replacement from Scythe ? Thanks.

Is it possible the pwm signal is set too low in bios? It could be start voltage is too low or temp is below the threshold.
It is a PWM fan right? If it has a 4 pin connector like the replacement listed below then it is a PWM fan.
You have it plugged into a PWM header right? See your motherboard manual to locate the header and how to set it up in bios.
What motherboard are you using with it? make/model
Here is a replacement fan.
Sythe USA support is generalyhandeled through the retailer which is fine if you bought it from a certified retailer
Here is USA Sythe/NewEgg support.
If you bought it more than 2 years ago it's out of warranty hed to the link above for replacement.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Just test it in another header. If it works on another, it's a setting in bios with the pwm.

If it doesn't work, any 120mm fan of the same thickness would work as long as the plug was the same (3 or 4 wire).

The first link is a PWM (4-pin) fan. That's the one you'll want for a CPU cooler.

The 3-pin version (the second link you provided) may or may not be able to modulate speed, depending on whether or not your mobo can control the CPU_FAN header via voltage. It would spin either way, but it might be locked at 100% speed all the time.

They look like they'll both fit, dimensionally.

Do you have clearance issues? If not, any 120mm fan with open corners will work just fine, the thicker the fan, the better its going to work, so if you have room, get a normal 25mm thick 120mm fan and stick it on there.

Back