Fallout Revelation

WheresWaldo

Limp Gawd
How did this not make the front page here

Fan-made and good enough to shop around to networks like SyFy, CW, Fox. Let's just hope they can actually pull this off and get Bethesda on board. There is no kickstarter or indiegogo for this project. So far (just the one 15 min part) it is better than most of the post-apocalyptic shows that these networks have on at the moment.

Pretty good & well acted. Way better than the Nuka Break series. Looking forward to the other parts.

This was really well done, it would be good if it continued into a full series.

Too low budget for me. Plus, if you're doing a post apocalyptic show, people living in the waste should look ragged. the clothing and gear looked new. Not to mention how clean and well fed they were. Water and resources are scarce, nobody is taking showers. Even on a 2 week camping trip you get funky, these people are supposed to be living out there. Sorry i just cannot get past it.

Last edited:
Too low budget for me. Plus, if you're doing a post apocalyptic show, people living in the waste should not look ragged. the clothing and gear looked new. Not to mention how clean and well fed they were. Water and resources are scarce, nobody is taking showers. Even on a 2 week camping trip you get funky, these people are supposed to be living out there. Sorry i just cannot get past it.

But you have an AMD phenom....to low budget for me (and performance). Sorry, I just cannot get past it.

But you have an AMD phenom....to low budget for me (and performance). Sorry, I just cannot get past it.

Yeah, you must be one those "I like episodes 1,2,3 better than the original star wars trilogy" kind of people.

You would be wrong. Try again to make up a pigeon hole argument based upon zero information.

What are you talking about? Just because your favorite star wars character is JAR-JAR-BINKS that's not my problem. The fan made movie was cheesy, cheap (like my processor) people walking around in the waste with clean clothes, hair and skin, well fed. Sorry, but its like someone firing an RPG from a room window, it makes no sense. I would guess this film was made for 13 and under. Unless you think they shopped a Nuca-mart to get their nice clean clothes and gear? Speaking of gear, all that crap hanging off the main character? You wouldn't get 10 miles in the desert with all that shit hanging off of you. Like i said, 13 and under.

What are you talking about? Just because your favorite star wars character is JAR-JAR-BINKS that's not my problem. The fan made movie was cheesy, cheap (like my processor) people walking around in the waste with clean clothes, hair and skin, well fed. Sorry, but its like someone firing an RPG from a room window, it makes no sense. I would guess this film was made for 13 and under. Unless you think they shopped a Nuca-mart to get their nice clean clothes and gear? Speaking of gear, all that crap hanging off the main character? You wouldn't get 10 miles in the desert with all that shit hanging off of you. Like i said, 13 and under.

I liked it. So what if it wasn't perfectly realistic in every SINGLE aspect. I loved the amount of fallout detail they put into every scene. Certainly alot better than you or I could do.

I liked it. So what if it wasn't perfectly realistic in every SINGLE aspect. I loved the amount of fallout detail they put into every scene. Certainly alot better than you or I could do.

woe, woe... easy pal, one at a time. Never said i could do better. But people complain about the performance of a video card or cpu, and they could not even build one.

Well it's 200+ years after the Great War. I think times would be much like the old west, with shades of the old world here and there.

Of course people are going to be well fed and somewhat clean, it's not like we de-evolved into cave men again. I'm sure how to hunt for food and take a shower has been passed down through the ages. Especially inside the vaults.

Really think you're reading too much into it.

Well it's 200+ years after the Great War. I think times would be much like the old west, with shades of the old world here and there.

Of course people are going to be well fed and somewhat clean, it's not like we de-evolved into cave men again. I'm sure how to hunt for food and take a shower has been passed down through the ages. Especially inside the vaults.

Has nothing to do with being a cave man. Its about survival. There are no supermarkets, no government or public works. Out in the waste its survival. The civilized world is gone. Personal hygiene does not matter when you're trying to find food and water just to survive one day to the next. Thats the mood of Fallout, its a crucial point in the story, and the game. Trying to survive the waste, well it was with the old games, i do like the new games too, but they are a little more FPS than RPG. The Vault is a different issue all together, Food, water, structure for the most part is intact. I'm talking about the wasteland. not the vault.

You could be right though, when i see a movie or show, with an actor who is supposed to have weapons training like a police officer or military use the cup-n-saucer method when holding their weapon, it drives me nuts, and i just cannot stand it. My wife hates watching movies with me sometimes. :)

Has nothing to do with being a cave man. Its about survival. There are no supermarkets, no government or public works. Out in the waste its survival. The civilized world is gone. Personal hygiene does not matter when you're trying to find food and water just to survive one day to the next. Thats the mood of Fallout, its a crucial point in the story, and the game. Trying to survive the waste, well it was with the old games, i do like the new games too, but they are a little more FPS than RPG. The Vault is a different issue all together, Food, water, structure for the most part is intact. I'm talking about the wasteland. not the vault.

Except, this guy is saying he was changed "on his last trip to the wastelands". I have to take this as meaning there are lands, and there are the wastelands. That meaning, some places are rough like you have in mind, but not all, maybe not the ones where the majority of the remaining populations have moved to and presently inhabit. Is there some room for that by your way of thinking?

Oh, and I really like it myself.

Eventually civilization would come around again. Especially after 200 years. 70 years like the First Fallout 1 & 2 games, yes it would be really rough as radiation would be still very high. This is something that I've always had problems with since Bethesdas remake of the Fallout universe, seeing things like old world food & medicine after 200 years. Those things wouldn't exist & I do see the novelty of finding a old salsbury steak TV dinner. After that long though, I think its safe to assume that people would be rebuilding some kind of civilization, hunting for food & living like the old west days, especially with access to old world Fallout tech.

Watched the entire 15:22 minute part one then watched it again. Loved it. Patiently waiting for part two. :)

Too low budget for me. Plus, if you're doing a post apocalyptic show, people living in the waste should look ragged. the clothing and gear looked new. Not to mention how clean and well fed they were. Water and resources are scarce, nobody is taking showers. Even on a 2 week camping trip you get funky, these people are supposed to be living out there. Sorry i just cannot get past it.
Have you seen a regular tv series, say on syfy recently? This looks damn good comparatively. Or for that matter have you seen the god awful star trek teaser cbs put out? This is A+ production value compared to that. BTW which clothing and gear looked new? I didn't notice that.

This is pretty good, for a fan flick. Damned good in fact. Too bad about the mistakes, like the brand new cars parked in the background at the beginning, and the drone flying out of the picture in the beach scene.

And why the hell did they need to use a fake fire in the fireplace scene? You don't need a big budget to make a real fire. Even if you're not allowed to set a fire at the actual location because of permits, you could literally make a fire in your backyard in front of a green screen.

Fan-made and good enough to shop around to networks like SyFy, CW, Fox
Is that a fact, or just wishful thinking on your part?

The problem with it is that it requires intimate knowledge of the fallout universe to understand. It would be utterly confusing to the uninitiated, so I don't think it's suitable for regular network tv in its current form.

Have you seen a regular tv series, say on syfy recently? This looks damn good comparatively. Or for that matter have you seen the god awful star trek teaser cbs put out? This is A+ production value compared to that. BTW which clothing and gear looked new? I didn't notice that.

This is pretty good, for a fan flick. Damned good in fact. Too bad about the mistakes, like the brand new cars parked in the background at the beginning, and the drone flying out of the picture in the beach scene.

And why the hell did they need to use a fake fire in the fireplace scene? You don't need a big budget to make a real fire. Even if you're not allowed to set a fire at the actual location because of permits, you could literally make a fire in your backyard in front of a green screen.

The problem with it is that it requires intimate knowledge of the fallout universe to understand. It would be utterly confusing to the uninitiated, so I don't think it's suitable for regular network tv in its current form.

6:42 two people hanging out, maybe under a bridge. Female has make up on, they are clean and well fed, clothing and gear look new. One of main things in fallout is that everything is old and falling apart. So scavenging the waste is the only way to survive. food and water are scarce, and finding non-radiated is like gold.
You do not need a big budget to stay true to the premise of desolation and despair. I think the term "less is more" would have made this better.
I think some people who are questioning my critique, do not understand or play fallout. Civilization is gone, sure there is some small factions, towns and settlements, but they are sparse. no power companies, no factories, no sewer, or water, no government, just people trying to survive. Limited groups trying to maintain order in small territories. Civilization is trying to comeback, but radiation, raiders, mutations and crazy factions fighting each other makes this almost impossible. But humans persevere to survive, and thats what makes fallout a great story and game.
As for syfy, i see the same flaws on syfy, so i do not watch that often.

Of course I don't have inside information, but you can't say honestly that shows like Colony, Killjoys or Dark Matter or any of the now defunct shows are/were any easier to understand. But you don't need to produce a complete backstory if you are shopping an item around. Maybe they just want Bethesda to buy it.

Next sentence is not a response to the above statement:
This all boils down to expectations, most people are spoiled by big budget super-computer generated CGI shot with Red Digital 8K cameras, so you want this to be better. just remember a small bunch of people got together and wrote a script, scouted locations and filmed this on their own. Steven Spielberg they aren't, but very well done considering.

6:42 two people hanging out, maybe under a bridge. Female has make up on, they are clean and well fed, clothing and gear look new. One of main things in fallout is that everything is old and falling apart. So scavenging the waste is the only way to survive. food and water are scarce, and finding non-radiated is like gold.
You do not need a big budget to stay true to the premise of desolation and despair. I think the term "less is more" would have made this better.
I think some people who are questioning my critique, do not understand or play fallout. Civilization is gone, sure there is some small factions, towns and settlements, but they are sparse. no power companies, no factories, no sewer, or water, no government, just people trying to survive. Limited groups trying to maintain order in small territories. Civilization is trying to comeback, but radiation, raiders, mutations and crazy factions fighting each other makes this almost impossible. But humans persevere to survive, and thats what makes fallout a great story and game.
As for syfy, i see the same flaws on syfy, so i do not watch that often.

We as Fallout fans understand this. This obviously takes place on the west coast. The Master is long gone and What's left of the Super Mutant army have disbanded and moved on, some to the east coast. We understand that the wasteland is a harsh place but again, after 200+ years humans would be rebuilding some kind of civilization. The radiation levels at that point would be drastically lower except for places like The Glow & Necropolis or Boneyard. Like I've stated before, it would probably be compared to what life was like in the 1800's, with scarce old world tech. So with that in mind there would be electricity, especially with the invention of Fusion Cores from the pre war era.

Don't forget about the Brotherhood of Steel either, they have been known to share tech with settlements in exchange for other goods and services.

We as Fallout fans understand this. This obviously takes place on the west coast. The Master is long gone and What's left of the Super Mutant army have disbanded and moved on, some to the east coast. We understand that the wasteland is a harsh place but again, after 200+ years humans would be rebuilding some kind of civilization. The radiation levels at that point would be drastically lower except for places like The Glow & Necropolis or Boneyard. Like I've stated before, it would probably be compared to what life was like in the 1800's, with scarce old world tech. So with that in mind there would be electricity, especially with the invention of Fusion Cores from the pre war era.

Don't forget about the Brotherhood of Steel either, they have been known to share tech with settlements in exchange for other goods and services.

I think your missing my point. The characters in the film, at 6;42 are not a good representation of what people living out in the waste would look like in the fallout world, now if the movie was about a post apocalyptic America after a nuclear war from another story. I would not question the condition of the actors, i might have an issue with the acting or something else, but not having a background knowledge of the story, i would take everything i saw on face value. But i have a good knowledge of the story, those actors do NOT fit. That is my issue. Debating on the availability of electricity, water, and other resources based on other input does not apply, because we know what happens. There is no need to speculate. Sure there is small pockets of remaining society, and yes advanced technology. But in the fallout story, the civilized world is gone, and what remains is in constant battle for survival. No government, no public works, no electrical power plants delivering power to tax paying citizens who live under the protection of said government. No factories or oil companies, no transportation system, only small trade routs that are constantly under attack form raiders and other dangers out in the waste. The whole infrastructure is gone, and only fractions remain, barely able to survive. That is not debatable, its the story, not my speculation of what would be the probability of survival after a nuclear war. Had those actors been dressed in ragged tattered clothing, looking hungry and disheveled. We would not be having this discussion. Just like the people in the vault, they have limited resources, and the boy opening the gift, saved the paper, that fit the story line, because no one is making wrapping paper anymore, so even that is sparse. That detail was probably over looked by most who watched it, but for me if you are going to do a movie about any well know story, even small details matter.

You just zeroed in on one thing like a raven, I could come up with explanations that would work within the game's world. But I don't even have to, since all things considered this is not a big issue. It might just be a deliberate mistake on part of the creators. As not many people want to look at people that look too rough. Even if it would fit the narrative. Just look at people playing Fallout, and the characters they're comfortable with playing. Especially after mods.

I looked at it again, and I know why It didn't even bother me. Those people are hanging out in front of a vault entrance, guarding it. So they're vault dwellers, so it makes perfect sense, as we know vaults could have electricity and running water.

You just zeroed in on one thing like a raven, I could come up with explanations that would work within the game's world. But I don't even have to, since all things considered this is not a big issue. It might just be a deliberate mistake on part of the creators. As not many people want to look at people that look too rough. Even if it would fit the narrative. Just look at people playing Fallout, and the characters they're comfortable with playing. Especially after mods.

I looked at it again, and I know why It didn't even bother me. Those people are hanging out in front of a vault entrance, guarding it. So they're vault dwellers, so it makes perfect sense, as we know vaults could have electricity and running water.

They stuck out like a sore thumb. Everything in the vault would be over 100 years old, and they just looked too clean, and the gear looked new. When i see small details like that, then i start to pick apart the big details. Its a spiral effect for me. As i said, "for me" it was an issue.

I'm not so sure about that. Firefly played really loose and I am sure that airing the episodes out of order was a big fuck up but all in all most people are able to adjust just fine. Unfortunately the first episode I saw on TV was the one with Mal dressed as a effrontery woman in the front of a wagon shooting lasers from his six gun and somehow my mind just was not prepared to make that leap of acceptance. I was in Iraq and stuck watching what another guy was playing when I saw enough to get hooked. The way I see it, Firefly was a greater leap then what I saw from this video.

Of course I don't have inside information, but you can't say honestly that shows like Colony, Killjoys or Dark Matter or any of the now defunct shows are/were any easier to understand. But you don't need to produce a complete backstory if you are shopping an item around. Maybe they just want Bethesda to buy it.

Next sentence is not a response to the above statement:
This all boils down to expectations, most people are spoiled by big budget super-computer generated CGI shot with Red Digital 8K cameras, so you want this to be better. just remember a small bunch of people got together and wrote a script, scouted locations and filmed this on their own. Steven Spielberg they aren't, but very well done considering.

What I discovered, and what the studios need to realize, is that people don't need perfection or anything better than what this film brings to the table in order to appreciate and enjoy a good story. Firefly was living proof and this little video is an even better example.

I'm not so sure about that. Firefly played really loose and I am sure that airing the episodes out of order was a big fuck up but all in all most people are able to adjust just fine. Unfortunately the first episode I saw on TV was the one with Mal dressed as a effrontery woman in the front of a wagon shooting lasers from his six gun and somehow my mind just was not prepared to make that leap of acceptance. I was in Iraq and stuck watching what another guy was playing when I saw enough to get hooked. The way I see it, Firefly was a greater leap then what I saw from this video.
I don't know how Firerfly got into the mix here. That's not from syfy, that's a fox series played on network television not cable. So much bigger budget. But I didn't suggest this was a leap forward. I said this is no way worse what they put on syfy nowadays.

They stuck out like a sore thumb. Everything in the vault would be over 100 years old, and they just looked too clean, and the gear looked new. When i see small details like that, then i start to pick apart the big details. Its a spiral effect for me. As i said, "for me" it was an issue.
"Big details" is an oxymoron. Either something is in the details or the main picture, but big details I don't know what that means. I can understand that this can be deal breaker for you. But most people don't care, others don't even notice it, and there are some who actually need it.

"Big details" is an oxymoron. Either something is in the details or the main picture, but big details I don't know what that means. I can understand that this can be deal breaker for you. But most people don't care, others don't even notice it, and there are some who actually need it.

Ah, i see. The term "big details" sticks out to you as a problem? But the condition of the 100+ year old gear and clothing on the two characters are not an issue? I will endeavor to persevere on my writing skills. I'm an Ex-Marine, not literary scholar, but i'm pretty sure you understood what i meant, but hey, If it makes you feel better to correct me on my improper use of the the two words, "big" and "details" together, to describe a higher priority of detail in the plot, well, have fun with that.

Ah, i see. The term "big details" sticks out to you as a problem? But the condition of the 100+ year old gear and clothing on the two characters are not an issue? I will endeavor to persevere on my writing skills. I'm an Ex-Marine, not literary scholar, but i'm pretty sure you understood what i meant, but hey, If it makes you feel better to correct me on my improper use of the the two words, "big" and "details" together, to describe a higher priority of detail in the plot, well, have fun with that.
I wasn't trying to shame you for that mistake. Sorry that you took it that way. If nobody points out your mistakes then you'd continue making them. I'd rather they tell me if I'm doing something wrong. It might feel bad, but it will only make me better.

I already mentioned that using cleaner gear and clean look on the people could actually be a deliberate mistake. Just like as in series that take place in the middle ages everyone should have brown rotten teeth. But no-one would want to look at that. At least most people wouldn't want to. Same goes for people in 100 year old rags who didn't have a bath in years.
I also mentioned that just because big industry and civilization is over that doesn't mean people are unable to make new clothes. Especially with the resources of a working vault. The tools needed to make new clothing is not hi-tech. People have been making clothes for thousands of years. But even if it was hi-tech, there is the BOS, how do you know they're not operating a clothing factory somewhere?

I don't know how Firerfly got into the mix here. That's not from syfy, that's a fox series played on network television not cable. So much bigger budget. But I didn't suggest this was a leap forward. I said this is no way worse what they put on syfy nowadays.

It got in here because I typed it in. No of that cut-n-paste laziness either, hand crafted huntin-peckin brother :ROFLMAO:

No, although I quoted your entire post, that was laziness on my part, this was what I was addressing from your post.

By M76;

I suppose I thought it would be obvious enough, and It appears I was mistaken.

I wasn't trying to shame you for that mistake. Sorry that you took it that way. If nobody points out your mistakes then you'd continue making them. I'd rather they tell me if I'm doing something wrong. It might feel bad, but it will only make me better.

Shame?...i have no shame, just ask my wife.

My cretique stands.

I already mentioned that using cleaner gear and clean look on the people could actually be a deliberate mistake. Just like as in series that take place in the middle ages everyone should have brown rotten teeth. But no-one would want to look at that. At least most people wouldn't want to. Same goes for people in 100 year old rags who didn't have a bath in years.
I also mentioned that just because big industry and civilization is over that doesn't mean people are unable to make new clothes. Especially with the resources of a working vault. The tools needed to make new clothing is not hi-tech. People have been making clothes for thousands of years. But even if it was hi-tech, there is the BOS, how do you know they're not operating a clothing factory somewhere?

Your correction of his terminology was pedantic. The term "big details" is a bit weird, but it is incredibly easy to figure out what he meant. There is a difference between small details and the more obvious "larger" detail work in something.

Shame?...i have no shame, just ask my wife.

My cretique stands.
You seemed pretty defensive on the subject. If it didn't bother you why did you go out of your way to make me feel bad about criticizing your use of words?

But you just ignored my explanation on why your critique is too harsh.
Your correction of his terminology was pedantic. The term "big details" is a bit weird, but it is incredibly easy to figure out what he meant. There is a difference between small details and the more obvious "larger" detail work in something.
Yes it was. You could even say it was deliberate nitpicking. As was his critique of the video. That was part of the point.

It got in here because I typed it in. No of that cut-n-paste laziness either, hand crafted huntin-peckin brother :ROFLMAO:

No, although I quoted your entire post, that was laziness on my part, this was what I was addressing from your post.

I suppose I thought it would be obvious enough, and It appears I was mistaken.
I get it now. Firefly did fail initially on TV didn't it? So it only confirms my position.
I don't think this is bad, I think it would fail on TV in its current form.

Back