Fallout 76 Introduction to Multiplayer

rgMekanic

[H]ard|News
In classic Fallout style, Bethesda has released a new video giving everyone an introduction to multilayer in the upcoming Fallout 76. The short 2 minute video gives a tease of what to expect when the game launches November 14th.

Check out the video

I'm hoping for a PvE only co-op mode to play with friends. Kind of a Borderlands in the Fallout universe kinda thing. Will be interesting to see how VATS is implimented tho.

I love the updated cover mechanics, cgi-like animations and enhanced First Person Shooter elements! 2009 has finally called, our game has arrived!

</disappoint>

Just gonna wait patiently, maybe start a new game of Fallout 4, for that next kicka$$ single player Fallout experience...

Reactions: erek
like this
It's multiplayer, people will ruin it.

And I won't have my purified water empire. :(

yic4cOa.jpg

PGarvey got shot in his left arm, but his right arm is blown off:

SeemsGood

Bethesda Understands... what really enhances the Fallout experience is a group of griefers nuking your settlement.

Last edited:
Bethesda enderstands... what really enhances the Fallout experience is a group of griefers nuking your settlement.

And *this* is why this is the first Fallout game in a decade that I won't buy right out of the gate...

Mods? The type that don't break the game but expand it in incredible ways? Nope.
Solid story? When everyone is an online player... Probably not.
Massive settlements? Sure, that anyone can nuke. Wonder what that Microtransaction will cost?

If this plays out how I see it now, cooperative online gameplay will rapidly descend into a situation where a handful of trolls can team up and grief other players for laughs. I *REALLY* want to be wrong, I want another amazing Fallout game.....but till my fears are proven false, I'll pass.

And *this* is why this is the first Fallout game in a decade that I won't buy right out of the gate...

Mods? The type that don't break the game but expand it in incredible ways? Nope.
Massive settlements? Sure, that anyone can nuke. Wonder what that Microtransaction will cost?

If this plays out how I see it now, cooperative online gameplay will rapidly descend into a situation where a handful of trolls can team up and grief other players for laughs. I *REALLY* want to be wrong, I want another amazing Fallout game.....but till my fears are proven false, I'll pass.

settlement insurance?

In classic Fallout style, Bethesda has released a new video giving everyone an introduction to multilayer in the upcoming Fallout 76. The short 2 minute video gives a tease of what to expect when the game launches November 14th.

Check out the video

I'm hoping for a PvE only co-op mode to play with friends. Kind of a Borderlands in the Fallout universe kinda thing. Will be interesting to see how VATS is implimented tho.

Good callout on VATS. They could probably just make it so the target doesn't stop moving at normal speed, like an auto-aim feature.

I didn't play fallout 4, but wow this game still has Skyrim level graphics (circa 2011). I guess that's one way to keep pumping out games of this magnitude on a semi-regular basis.

New 16gb consoles can't come soon enough.

Exactly my concerns. I played 3/NV and 4 single player and explored everything I could and built up all settlements. This multiplayer stuff never turns out well as trolls will ruin it. Being the first ever multiplayer for Fallout, I suspect it will be a giant mess.

They can't even fix the bugs in their single player games, I can only imagine what a shit show this is going to be, when every 12yr old l33t h4x0r gets his grubby little hands on the infinite nuke exploit.

Should at least make for some interesting youtube videos.

I didn't play fallout 4, but wow this game still has Skyrim level graphics (circa 2011). I guess that's one way to keep pumping out games of this magnitude on a semi-regular basis.

New 16gb consoles can't come soon enough.

the textures used in the cities for fallout 4 were FUGLY. I think there was a high res texture pack that came out after, but man, being inside it was simply fugly. Had a lot of fun though

Check out the video

Great video, it demonstrates perfectly why I fucking hate multiplayer.

Bumping into random people who will just attack you randomly for no goddamn reason, interrupting your quests or outright ruining it. Or worse be away from kb just standing around doing nothing breaking your immersion even without doing anything. Or even worse do stupid shit and act out of character and out of place, and be complete lunatics.
The reason I prefer NPCs is that they can't break character.

Buut you also have the option. Someone standing around afk. Shoot them in the face. "He was turning into a zombie I know it". Someone acting out of character doing crazy stuff not fitting with the setting. Shoot them in the face. "They were turning into zombies I know it."

basically shoot everyone. "They would have turned into Zombies, I know it."

VATs is apparently real time, which I am guessing is just you assigning where you want to get critical bonuses, and auto-aim help.

I still wonder how cheat protection works. If I disable it can I enjoy a single player game and level up without a pvp element until I disable cheat protection?

Check out the video

I have been asking for PVE Co-op fallout for a while, was excited for 76 until I watched the videos. Not really what I had in mind.
did anyone actually use VATs? I got through FO3,NV,4 without ever using it.
Wow, in 4 sure. 3 aiming is dumpster fire...although if using a mouse perhaps it works . with a controller you need VATs in 3 and NV.

Off and on, it works really good for spotting Fragmentation Mines (y)

I feeling on it at the moment;

First, I am not expecting the Fallout I m used to.

Second, I am hoping for a pure Coop option so I can just load up with my kid and her husband and do the wastelands together with no one else to deal with other than NPCs and critters.

Third, I am also hoping the open multiplayer will be good. Face it, if I can get a good PUBG experience out of Fallout76 as well as the above, then I can delete PUBG and save myself the daily updates.

So I'm going in I hope in an open minded fashion and trying not to hold this new game to my expectations from the old games. I'll buy 76 and learn what it is and try not to put too much on what I think it is supposed to be.

Last edited:
Torn on this game. On one hand I don't want to buy it because it will end up being another nail in the coffin for SP games. I'm also not sure how fun it will end up being and how grindy it will be. On the other hand, it seems semi interesting. If it was cheap I'd buy it, but it doesn't look worth $60 to me. So I'll end up passing more than likely.

They have addressed this in follow up interviews. They are open to mods and possibly private servers, There will be quests and NPCs, Nuke will not be able to target specific players or settlements and you will get a 10 minute warning before they fall, and there are checks and balances against assholes doing nothing but PKing. They have said that they want people to have the fallout experience, but to be able to share it alongside other people. Also death is not an end and you won't lose all your stuff if you die. The interviews they have been giving out have mostly given rest to my fears that I had (I was chanting "don't say multiplayer, don't say multiplayer" during the e3 event").

What about fast travel? In my experience Bethesda games cant be played without fast travel or noclip console commands because there are so many places where you can get stuck.

I always used VATS as my go-to, its what makes the Fallout games Fallout games to me.....I might snipe or use a rifle or shotgun up close but I'd still spend my action points first.

I found this video, it's informative but I can't swear by it's accuracy. The guy sure sounds sure of himself though.

the textures used in the cities for fallout 4 were FUGLY. I think there was a high res texture pack that came out after, but man, being inside it was simply fugly. Had a lot of fun though

It's funny you mention the hi rest texture pack. I took a look at a comparrison video and couldn't understand why they even bothered releasing it considering the size it took up. Any average modder would have blown it out of the water.

Back