• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Fallout 4 VR - Official E3 Trailer

To me it could well be worth $60 but will wait and see how it performs in VR. Been holding off playing this game, even though I have it. Doom VFR for $30 seems more reasonable but is it more a demo then a full game? Anyways eager for both of these titles to play.

VR is very fun and engaging from my experience. One has choices as well, you don't have to go all VR or all straight monitor gaming - do both and get the best of both experiences. Some may just prefer one over the other and that is fine.
 
The teleportation is a thing because apparently a big number of people get motion sickness when the game character walks forward but their real bodies balancing system does not detect any motion. Its a workaround but I find the whole teleportation idea ridiculous, I have no interest in such mechanics. Most people should be able to train themselves out of VR motion sickness and there are plenty of first person games with no teleportation mechanics to prove it.

There is a simple solution for this. Dramamine.
This is the same as sea sickness. The rolling of the ship or boat is motion detected by your inner ear; but your eyes tell you that you are not moving relative to your surroundings. That sensory conflict makes your sick to your stomach enough to puke.

This issue is actually very common in every day life. Car sickness is the same. My wife and son don't like a nice drive in the country because the curvy roads make them car sick.
 
There is a simple solution for this. Dramamine.
This is the same as sea sickness. The rolling of the ship or boat is motion detected by your inner ear; but your eyes tell you that you are not moving relative to your surroundings. That sensory conflict makes your sick to your stomach enough to puke.

This issue is actually very common in every day life. Car sickness is the same. My wife and son don't like a nice drive in the country because the curvy roads make them car sick.

I do understand that some people do have issues with motion sickness but those people majority or minority? Because personally I know no one with those issues.
 
I do understand that some people do have issues with motion sickness but those people majority or minority? Because personally I know no one with those issues.

Because game devs avoid the things that cause motion sickness at (nearly) all costs. If they didn't care (or actively were trying to make you sick) they'd probable have a very high success rate.
 
Mixed feelings on the price point, since VR *needs* full length AAA content, and this would be the first.
So Project Cars, Elite: Dangerous, and Resident Evil 7 aren't AAA?

Most people should be able to train themselves out of VR motion sickness and there are plenty of first person games with no teleportation mechanics to prove it.
Let me just say it sucks being in the category of people who CAN'T train themselves to get out of it. I can't train myself to not get motion sick in VR anymore than a colorblind person can train themselves to see color. That disconnect between motion and what you feel in your inner ear is damn strong and it's pretty much the worst feeling on earth. That said, I agree that teleportation mechanics suck, there needs to be another solution. The only one I've found to work is using VorpX on regular games, where you can control the size of the screen inside a virtual living room. That still gets you the 3D effect without it leading to a puke fest. Sure, it's not as immersive as full VR, but no vomit either.

I do understand that some people do have issues with motion sickness but those people majority or minority? Because personally I know no one with those issues.
Somebody in another thread was saying it was about 30%, but I think it could be higher. When you get car sick / sea sick, you can still look at the window to give yourself some bearings. You don't have that in VR. So this would be more equivalent to trying to read a book inside a car going on curves or inside the cabin of a boat with no window. It's essentially inverse motion sickness, since you brain sees you moving, but you aren't. Having no frame of reference at all will send a lot of people over the edge.
 
This thread is a perfect example for why enthusiasts are a poor market to cater to now of days. People demand the best but also demand that you can't profit too much from it, sorta why all those kickstarters/indiegogo's fail in long term stability the user base doesn't want to pay premium for premium.

Enthusiasts are great for identifying trends in the market, a place your company should pivot to in the coming years but they're a shitty core market.


What makes a VR version of FO4 the "best"?

I don't know about you guys, but I like bouncing out to third person view to get a viewing angle around corners. Will that still work in the VR version of the game?

Besides, I like playing dress up and all I see is an invisible body.

I'm not certain this qualifies as better, maybe just different.
 
What makes a VR version of FO4 the "best"?

I don't know about you guys, but I like bouncing out to third person view to get a viewing angle around corners. Will that still work in the VR version of the game?

Besides, I like playing dress up and all I see is an invisible body.

I'm not certain this qualifies as better, maybe just different.

He didn´t say better then the regular non-VR version. I read it as if he used "best" in a universal meaning. Not something good, not something better, but "the best", premium and all that. They could have tacked on some basic VR support and released it as a "VR DLC". They didn´t. Already in the video, you can see that they have changed the way you interact in the gameworld using the controllers in VR. If they live up to what they have talked about earlier, they have also taken into consideration the whole VR experience from ground up. The early demo version was limited because of this. A premium VR version requires that they resize all text and change a lot of the way you interact with NPCs, crafting, building structures etc. They also need to go through the game and make sure that the game doesn´t break the 90FPS requirements. People cry for getting such premium experience, but cry like babies when the price tag shows ... ;)

Fallout 4 is a role playing game. Since it isn´t out yet, its hard to say that it is better then the regular version. Might just be different, as you say. BUT, if its done well, for some it should be a lot better role playing experience, playing it in VR. The sense of presence is much higher in VR, which should naturally give people a better experience of being sucked into the game world. If your goal is to be immersed into the game world, then VR might be much better.

However, if you goal is to just complete the game, the regular version is better. Gaming in VR puts a lot more strain on you, so completing the game would naturally take longer in VR ...
 
Back
Top