Fallout 4 reveal?- 12/11/2013

polonyc2

Fully [H]
a teaser site registered to ZeniMax Media Inc appears to hint at a potential Fallout reveal on December 11, 2013

TheSurvivor2299.com was uncovered by Reddit users, some of whom identified javascript code specifically calling out Fallout, as well as identified the page's morse code as a date...a whois directory search identifies ZeniMax Media-- which owns the Bethesda's developer/publisher divisions-- as the domain owner

a countdown clock is now appearing on the site...26 days and counting...

http://thesurvivor2299.com/

Well if thats the case I guess I better hurry up and get around to playing Fallout 3 and NV.

Fuuuuuuuuuck yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaah.

I'm a little excited.

I'm sorry, but this is going to be a very rare preorder purchase for me. Did it for all of the Fallout games and I've never been disappointed. Love the canon and can't wait :D

The only collectors editions I buy are fallout. Got the lunch box and the big NV box.

damn.. now I have to play New Vegas and quickly..

Announcement doesn't mean availability ... big AAA titles like these are usually announced a year in advance or more (for marketing purposes) ... you still have time to make your NV run through most likely ;)

That's certainly (some iteration of) the Vault-Tec logo. 2290 is a few years after the events of New Vegas, so this is assumably not a prequel.

Let's hope for an Obsidian-developed game that doesn't dabble in post-apocalyptic Caesarian societies. 'Cause...you know.

I might be imagining things, but weren't there lots of reports about this one being in New England/Boston?

Cool.

What I do want to see:

1. Music by Mark Morgan
2. More populated towns and settlements
3. Environments that reflect the time period
4. Groin Targeting
5. More situations related to the dark humor of the original series

What I don't want to see:

1. TV Dinners Food ect. from 200+ years ago that are still edible.
2. Buildings with electricity but no generator in sight.
3. Super Mutants the size of buildings
4. Low quality textures
5. Goofy & Zany @_@ situations for the sake of being humorous (not understanding the humor)

I always found eyeball targeting more effective than groin targeting, at least with small guns. Unarmed/power fist works wonders on dick punching, though.

Any true wastelander always targets the eyes, even if the to-hit is 5%. Fallout and eyeball shots are like spaghetti and meatballs.

Well, luckily I keep Fallout 1 and 2 permanently installed. I'm going to go full on energy weapons and eyeshots this weekend.

Announcement doesn't mean availability ... big AAA titles like these are usually announced a year in advance or more (for marketing purposes) ... you still have time to make your NV run through most likely ;)

yeah I don't see this being released until 2015 at the earliest...but at least we'll get some details on the setting and time period before then

I've been playing Fallout 3 for the past week (never finished it when it first came out)...I'm at the end of the main story and working my way through the DLC (currently at the Pitts)

** that beeping sound on the teaser site is annoying :p

further clues found within the site’s code-- mp3 radio clips named after Bridgeport, CT and Fall River, MA and links to hidden images pointing at prepareforthefuture.com

the Morse code playing on the page spells out 11.12.13...the Spike Video Game Awards always air in mid-December, so that may well be when this project is revealed more fully

further clues found within the site’s code-- mp3 radio clips named after Bridgeport, CT and Fall River, MA and links to hidden images pointing at prepareforthefuture.com

the Morse code playing on the page spells out 11.12.13...the Spike Video Game Awards always air in mid-December, so that may well be when this project is revealed more fully

NMA seems to think it is fake.

I always found eyeball targeting more effective than groin targeting, at least with small guns. Unarmed/power fist works wonders on dick punching, though.

Holy hell I would always get a laugh whenever I power fisted a nutsack and their entire upper body exploded, accompanied by the always welcome *squish* sound effects

when u boxed in fallout 2 with plated boxing gloves, aim for the eye!

"Someone has "accidentally" slipped metal plates into these boxing gloves. It could technically be considered cheating, but you prefer to think of it as an increased opportunity to dispense bone-crunching damage".

Love me some Fallout.

From the the top link: 'if a flame is to grow, there must me a glow'
Reference to 'the glow'/ WestTek from F1?

Curious... is Fallout: New Vegas worth playing? The reason I ask is because I played Fallout 3 last year (my first fallout game) and I barely made it through the game. Between buggy crashes and having to use some mods to stabilize and/or make the game playable, it was "ok" but tough to stand playing through. Not to mention that game gave me some of the nastiest motion sickness that I can remember.

Does New Vegas significantly improve as a game or is it very similar to Fallout 3?

NV is a great game, better than 3 IMHO. I only had occasional CTDs. The perspective didn't change so motion sickness may still hit you.

Aside, any word on NV:Brazil #2?

Curious... is Fallout: New Vegas worth playing? The reason I ask is because I played Fallout 3 last year (my first fallout game) and I barely made it through the game. Between buggy crashes and having to use some mods to stabilize and/or make the game playable, it was "ok" but tough to stand playing through. Not to mention that game gave me some of the nastiest motion sickness that I can remember.

Does New Vegas significantly improve as a game or is it very similar to Fallout 3?

NV was much more stable than FO3

NV is a great game, better than 3 IMHO. I only had occasional CTDs. The perspective didn't change so motion sickness may still hit you.

Aside, any word on NV:Brazil #2?

If ya disliked FO3 but love other FO, you'll probably like NV. I loved FO3, but only played through the MQ on NV once in full. Didn't like the NV MQ, or most of the characters in it, or the desert it was in.

Whether the site is fake or not,there's no doubt Fallout 4 will happen,hopefully sooner than later. There aren't many good open world shooters of this type,in fact the only other one I enjoyed was the STALKER series. The Fallout games aren't quite on the same level,but they're fun.

no way...NV was almost broken on release...probably fine now but it was a mess when it first came out

And FO3 had DLC releases that completely broke people's game installations.

When I played FO3 "stable" was only CTDs every 1-2 hours. FONV crashed nowhere near as often.

Fo3 and nv were never that buggy for me. Sure a few ctd here or there but considering I've put over 500 hours in them I'd say they were playable enough

New Vegas was heavily bug fixed and is now very stable. It's much better than FO3, IMO. It's more balanced (especially with the JSawyer mod) and far better written. I think it's also a better world to explore; FO3 wasn't too compelling for me to wander through despite its setting.

Bottom line, play FONV.

Cool.

What I do want to see:

1. Music by Mark Morgan
2. More populated towns and settlements
3. Environments that reflect the time period
4. Groin Targeting
5. More situations related to the dark humor of the original series

What I don't want to see:

1. TV Dinners Food ect. from 200+ years ago that are still edible.
2. Buildings with electricity but no generator in sight.
3. Super Mutants the size of buildings
4. Low quality textures
5. Goofy & Zany @_@ situations for the sake of being humorous (not understanding the humor)

Groin Targeting

Groin Targeting

Krenum wants Groin Targeting in the next Fallout, folks.

Back