Fallout 4 Official Trailer

well... thats just like your opinion man.

i cant believe this thread is: who bought it first via preorder vs who bought it when they could afford it vs who bought it later. guys stop this is lame.

fallout 4 woot!!! i for one welcome our new robot overlords.

well... thats just like your opinion man.

i cant believe this thread is: who bought it first via preorder vs who bought it when they could afford it vs who bought it later. guys stop this is lame.

fallout 4 woot!!! i for one welcome our new robot overlords.

NEw page, new leaf.
Can we instead talk about how bad Gamebryo STILL looks? Rewatch the video and look at how few things in that first set of rooms actually casts a shadow or shoes SSAO-like shadowing. Paticularly the book on the table. It's terrible, and we're talking about a game that will most likely be released in 2016.

NEw page, new leaf.
Can we instead talk about how bad Gamebryo STILL looks? Rewatch the video and look at how few things in that first set of rooms actually casts a shadow or shoes SSAO-like shadowing. Paticularly the book on the table. It's terrible, and we're talking about a game that will most likely be released in 2016.

Yes good idea. We're probably not going to end up reaching any sorta consensus on that other thing. :)

Is it the same game engine? The graphics are pretty unimpressive looking for an upcoming game and I thought the animation for character movement was kinda awkward and "robotic" and I don't mean for the stuff that's supposed to be a robot. Since this is one of those rare instances where I'll probably end up playing it, I hope they improve at least the animations. The rest of the graphics aren't that important. I thought (and still think) Fallout 3 is good enough graphics-wise to be okay as a modern game and I'd like to see them keep system requirements low since iGPUs and ARM tablet graphics are taking over the gaming world.

Just went back and tried FO3 again after reading this thread. Tried all the fixes I could find through google, editied the .ini files, switched codecs, installed the unofficial patch, running it in winxp sp 3 compatibility mode, everything. I still crash EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I get into the atrium and cannot proceed any further.

Wasted money on this game and hours trying to get it to work. I wont be giving Bethesda any of my money for FO4.

Vanilla FO3 is wonky for me too on Windows 8.1. However, all of the FO3 content works great for me when played through FNV with Tale of Two Wastelands. If you have both games and haven't been able to play FO3, try setting up ToTW and see if it gets you back into the Capital Wasteland.

Vanilla FO3 is wonky for me too on Windows 8.1. However, all of the FO3 content works great for me when played through FNV with Tale of Two Wastelands. If you have both games and haven't been able to play FO3, try setting up ToTW and see if it gets you back into the Capital Wasteland.

I cant even make it past the vault. Once I get into the atrium it crashes like clockwork.

I do own FNV but have never tried ToTW. I guess it's worth a shot, thanks for the tip.

Wait. Tale of Two Wastelands requires all DLC for both games? I bouught the GOtY edition of Fo3, but only vanilla FNV. So I'll have to purchase the dlc for FNV to get FO3 to (hopefully) work ...

hmm.

What's wrong with this picture?

Still, I really appreciate the tip. Still wont be giving Bethesda a dime for FO4.

Just went back and tried FO3 again after reading this thread. Tried all the fixes I could find through google, editied the .ini files, switched codecs, installed the unofficial patch, running it in winxp sp 3 compatibility mode, everything. I still crash EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I get into the atrium and cannot proceed any further.

Wasted money on this game and hours trying to get it to work. I wont be giving Bethesda any of my money for FO4.

You need to set the ini file to just use a single core.
This is fixable and I and many others have done it.

It doesn't mean the game won't occasionally crash, but it definitely lessens it.
Now Bioshock 2 on the other hand...

You need to set the ini file to just use a single core.
This is fixable and I and many others have done it.

It doesn't mean the game won't occasionally crash, but it definitely lessens it.
Now Bioshock 2 on the other hand...

I appreciate you taking the time to try and help. No sarcasm, I really mean that. However, I did mention that I edited the .ini which is the most common fix it seems. Tried it for 2 cores, tried it for one core. Neither worked. Same crash every time.

I'm super pissy right now cause I started the enjoy the game and now I've spent hours trying to fix it to progress a little more and it's becoming pretty clear that there really isnt a fix for this particular issue (except perhaps giving Bethesda more of my money which obviously I'm not going to do)...tried 'em all.

I appreciate you taking the time to try and help. No sarcasm, I really mean that. However, I did mention that I edited the .ini which is the most common fix it seems. Tried it for 2 cores, tried it for one core. Neither worked. Same crash every time.

I'm super pissy right now cause I started the enjoy the game and now I've spent hours trying to fix it to progress a little more and it's becoming pretty clear that there really isnt a fix for this particular issue (except perhaps giving Bethesda more of my money which obviously I'm not going to do)...tried 'em all.

Damn, I'm sorry to hear it isn't working.
Any way you can get it used for the PS3 or 360?

Damn, I'm sorry to hear it isn't working.
Any way you can get it used for the PS3 or 360?

Yeah. If I want to badly enough I will. Since the Fallout bug has bitten me again (I liked NV but felt it was missing something to really make it great) I've re-installed and I'm gonna see what overhauls are out there.

Why is everyone bitching about graphics? You guys dont see ACTUAL gameplay in the video vs. the company generated character and the dog? Those scenes arent done with the game engine.

Look at the part where people are running towards the brotherhood soldiers, along with two mutants walking, then the robot scene, and crab/deathclaw. THOSE are actual gameplay scenes and graphics look fucking amazing.

Why is everyone bitching about graphics? You guys dont see ACTUAL gameplay in the video vs. the company generated character and the dog? Those scenes arent done with the game engine.

Look at the part where people are running towards the brotherhood soldiers, along with two mutants walking, then the robot scene, and crab/deathclaw. THOSE are actual gameplay scenes and graphics look fucking amazing.

Supposedly everything in the video is rendered in-game with the engine. That's why they released the screenshots, to show its not pre-rendered.

So wait, you're trying to tell us the actual in-game looks better then the pre rendered stuff?

Why on earth would they make pre rendered cutscenes look WORSE then the game? that makes no sense.

Not to mention the fact that in the video you can clearly see the AA on the power lines and things that are clearly in-game and not pre rendered, it all looks like in-game footage and that's not saying a great deal.

So wait, you're trying to tell us the actual in-game looks better then the pre rendered stuff?

Why on earth would they make pre rendered cutscenes look WORSE then the game? that makes no sense.

Not to mention the fact that in the video you can clearly see the AA on the power lines and things that are clearly in-game and not pre rendered, it all looks like in-game footage and that's not saying a great deal.
Because majority of pre rendered scenes look bad when done with so called in game engine. Companies either spend a short amount of time rendering some of the scenes just to get the word out, or spend a lot of money REALLY rendering that shit. For example DOW original games which had top of the line studios actually direct short scenes which were amazing. A rendered scene is NOT the actual games graphical engine. You can clearly see what is rendered, poorly, in the trailer vs. actual gameplay.

Our definitions of what is "fing amazing" differ immensely. The graphics are at best acceptable for a a game released in 2010 last gen.

I don't normally pre-purchase games but I am seriously thinking about it for this one. I have countless hours in FO3 and New Vegas...great games.

The gfx look a little ho-hum but do look improved.

I'll wait until after their E3 press conference and for some preorder sweeteners but I am definitely in for a preorder on this one as well :)

Just preordered on GMG with code 23PERC-ENTOFF-48HOUR -- $46.20, no brainer.

To the guy that was crying about people preordering, you're just going to have to stick your nose in it, breathe in deep, and learn to love it.

To the guy that was crying about people preordering, you're just going to have to stick your nose in it, breathe in deep, and learn to love it.

Thanks, just did the same. Dont care what anyone says, $46 is a good deal for anything Fallout related. Considering I spent $25 on some borderlands addon which I never ended up playing, Fallout has my vote.

I'm tempted to do that although there's tons of time here to preorder and I'm waiting to see if any sweet collector's editions or some nifty thing shows up.

$46 and change is a no-brainer on this for sure.

are they really going to continue with Fallout?

IMO the original Fallout was much better than New Vegas, especially with subsequent expansions. Bethesda made all that, not Obsidian. Obsidian is making the 4th as well, so I feel ok spending my money again. I wasnt fond of New Vegas, the setting and all.

IMO the original Fallout was much better than New Vegas, especially with subsequent expansions. Bethesda made all that, not Obsidian. Obsidian is making the 4th as well, so I feel ok spending my money again. I wasnt fond of New Vegas, the setting and all.

What? Where did you get that info that obsidian was making Fallout 4?

The most common cause of crashing issues I've found is people leaving Fallout.ini with:

bUseThreadedAI=0

The recommended mod settings are as such:

bUseThreadedAI=1

Then directly underneath add:

iNumHWThreads=2

I've found, for my system, that this combo is what makes Fallout 3 / NV playable for hours on end:

bUseThreadedAI=1
iNumHWThreads=1

The only time I crash is when Steam decides to do an update. Otherwise, it is rock-solid stable.

Hope this helps. :)

I cant even make it past the vault. Once I get into the atrium it crashes like clockwork.

I do own FNV but have never tried ToTW. I guess it's worth a shot, thanks for the tip.

The most common cause of crashing issues I've found is people leaving Fallout.ini with:

bUseThreadedAI=0

The recommended mod settings are as such:

bUseThreadedAI=1

Then directly underneath add:

iNumHWThreads=2

I've found, for my system, that this combo is what makes Fallout 3 / NV playable for hours on end:

bUseThreadedAI=1
iNumHWThreads=1

The only time I crash is when Steam decides to do an update. Otherwise, it is rock-solid stable.

Hope this helps. :)

Tried with that exact setting. Still crash like clockwork in the Atrium of vault 101.

I'm playing through FO:NV again with a bunch of mods. It's satisfying the urge for now. Appreciate the help.

Well, because there's so much wrong with FO3 on 64-bit operating systems (my GOTY copy of FO3 on non-Stem DVDs doesn't at all work on 64-bit Win10 past the loading slides) I just went to FleaBay and bought an older laptop with a Quadro NVS 160M and some random C2D to use for it and stuff like Oblivion or whatever. There's no reason to struggle with getting it to work on a new system when you can just get something with 32-bit Vista to use purely offline for older games. LOL though in my case it'll probably get limited use until the end of this year when I'm done with college classes and don't have to try to balance that stuff with full time workies and hugging my cat. :)

Since I have a bit of time on my hands I've been looking through the trailer for any hints of things to look forward to or raises questions in my mind. Here are a few of the things I've stumbled across.

Two arrows on the right: I've seen mods incorporate readable notes. I wonder if Bethesda is doing the same?

Bottom Arrow: Looks like a coin collection to me.

F04_Observations_001.jpg

Sure, it looks like a wind chime yet do you know how easily that could be made into a bottlecap grenade? Maybe new type of grenade to build/use?

F04_Observations_002.jpg

Could just be a static object but what if Bethesda incorporated repairing or upgrading the Pip-Boy?

F04_Observations_003.jpg

The skeleton with the greenish dress, without red wrap around waist, resembles one of the two ladies shown the second screenshot. There were scenes in F03 where the Lone Wanderer had flashbacks in one of the vaults. Makes me wonder if we will see the scene which details what happened to her.

F04_Observations_006.jpg

F04_Observations_007.jpg

In F03 there are cages with and without skeletons in them hanging in various locations or set upon the ground or floor but nothing as elaborate as shown here. Wouldn't it be fun to be able to use those cages on unfortunate victims?

F04_Observations_008.jpg

Here we have two armored guys patrolling the wasteland. What is odd is the guy in the foreground has his weapon drawn whereas the second one doesn't. The second guy's arms are slightly larger than the first which leads me to believe there is a new melee enemy.

F04_Observations_009.jpg

Town on a bridge. Where have we seen something similar? ;)

F04_Observations_010.jpg

With the flight of stairs leading up to the tower it gives me hope we'll be able to explore many more buildings than we did in F03 or NV.

F04_Observations_011.jpg

FO:NV included campfires we could use to create various medicinal and other things. I hope it returns in F04.

F04_Observations_012.jpg

The ladder in this screenshot gives me hope that we will have more buildings to explore than we had in F03 and NV.

F04_Observations_013.jpg

Unlike the surrounding buildings, this L-shape pipe is raised above the roof (check the shadow) and leads to nowhere. Many possibilities though it may just be an oversight.

F04_Observations_014.jpg

I hope this isn't just a static object. It would be quite easy to use the hose as a whip.

F04_Observations_015.jpg

Based on their more in depth reveal at E3 last night they actually seem to have met (if not exceeded) the hype ... Fallout 4 looks to be the Game of the Year with a November launch date ... I preordered the PipBoy edition this morning

Tried with that exact setting. Still crash like clockwork in the Atrium of vault 101.

I'm playing through FO:NV again with a bunch of mods. It's satisfying the urge for now. Appreciate the help.

Make sure you edit the correct ini file. There are multiple locations for them. Did the ini mod 2 days ago after reinstalling FO3, and I've yet to have a CTD.

Back