Fallout 4 Official Trailer

This is one franchise that I always blindly just buy on release. or I suppose pre-purchase nowadays, and add all the add-ons as they turn up. It is one of the few, if not only, franchise that has never disappointed and are fully worth the full new retail price.

This is embarrassing. I have never played any of the fall outs....but I really loved this trailer and want to get it. Will I be totally lost if I don't play the 1st 3? I don't have the time to put in games as I once did...kids and all.

This is one franchise that I always blindly just buy on release. or I suppose pre-purchase nowadays, and add all the add-ons as they turn up. It is one of the few, if not only, franchise that has never disappointed and are fully worth the full new retail price.

^This.

I never pre-order games and always wait for reviews. Fallout is the only series that has never let me down and always delivered an awesome product. I'm really waiting for this one, will probably be a week 1 purchase for me.

Fallout is also a great game for Dads of young kids/infants like me. You can pause at any time, save at any time, so you can get the most out of the game without neglecting your kids (not that I would do that, just that it's a plus that you can play at your own pace).

This is embarrassing. I have never played any of the fall outs....but I really loved this trailer and want to get it. Will I be totally lost if I don't play the 1st 3? I don't have the time to put in games as I once did...kids and all.

No, I think so far they have all started with a new protagonist/story the only thing that remains the same is the 50s stylized post apocalyptic world.

They are are all fun games, still worth playing though.

I'll get it out of the way: I really wish Bethesda would long since abandon Gamebryo. I don't get their fetish for it and especially this far out.

The game doesn't look "next gen" per se but it's going to deliver the goods and I'm stoked for it. Likely as not, this and Witcher 3 are going to be tied locks for my personal GOTY.

The protagonists in the Fallout series are all pretty standalone. There is a lot of background that carries over from game to game but the mainline stories don't require that you know anything from any of the previous games.

Fallout 4 is a definite day one purchase on PC for me. I love the series even more than Bethesda's vaunted Elder Scrolls series.

Fallout 3 is what you need, and maybe the DLC's for it. Fallout: New Vegas was okay, but not as good as FO:3 IMHO. I never played 1 or 2...weren't they side scrollers or something like that?

I always pre-order Fallout and Elder Scrolls. I'm so happy to see another installment finally coming out. Its been a long wait for a new open world Beth game (2011 since Skyrim).

Not really, it's good to play if you want to hear some of the backstory. FO3 mostly explains everything and helps get you into the mood for the story.

Play 'em all. New Vegas had its strengths as well. I'd argue it had better writing and story in it. I liked it more than FO3 although I thought FO3 had the better location. They come together nicely.

Yea, if you have the time, FO3 was great, and will help give you all the feel that the series is built on. Its not a requirement, but seriously go buy the FO3 Game of the year edition. It'll suck you in, and never let go.

"Come to me....my...precioussss"

There goes another few months of my life....LoL.

Fallout 3 is what you need, and maybe the DLC's for it. Fallout: New Vegas was okay, but not as good as FO:3 IMHO. I never played 1 or 2...weren't they side scrollers or something like that?

I believe they were top-down games.

Finally! This will be the only game I have pre-purchased with the season pass (Gold/Collector's Edition?) in the past decade.

I just hope they drastically improve the character animations and the gunplay elements.

Why are they still using Gamebryo? Elder 6 better use a new engine PLEASE

I mean, yay and all because it's Fallout. BUT holy crap does that look like ass. No SSAO to be seen, low res textures, missing shadows, and HDR reminiscent of Source.

Damn it, Gamebryo. still looks mostly like ass, and will probably be just as buggy as the last two.

But hopefully it means there will be good Mods again as well.

I will own it and play it, but i will wait a little bit for the bugs and community support to be developed. then it will be fucking awesome, because that's how the Fallout series is.

I mean, yay and all because it's Fallout. BUT holy crap does that look like ass. No SSAO to be seen, low res textures, missing shadows, and HDR reminiscent of Source.

Maybe they learned from Watch dogs and Witcher 3 not to put out bullshit trailers. :D

It's Fallout, the game will sell on name alone. Graphics are just icing on the cake.

Played the hell out of FO3 and all its expansions. Bought all the FONV expansions-never could bring myself to be bothered to play them after 1 or 2 playthroughs.

Probably not going to buy FO4 until it is on steep-and-cheap GOTY pricing.

At least we should be spared the downgrade tantrums if this is the best they can come up with. Instead, the same people who stamped their feet and fumed at the ears about the Witcher will no doubt defend this shit because "it's Fallout, graphics aren't important".

At least we should be spared the downgrade tantrums if this is the best they can come up with. Instead, the same people who stamped their feet and fumed at the ears about the Witcher will no doubt defend this shit because "it's Fallout, graphics aren't important".

Difference being that Fallout isn't lying. Nice try though.

I too skipped the series but all this talk has got me pretty excited, so excited that I decided to check out FO 3 on steam. Unfortunately it says that it won't work on Win 7. After doing some Google searches it appears that there are some fixes, however most of the fixes are pretty outdated. Does this run on Win 7? I would hate to plop down $20 only to not see the game function.

My biggest issue with whatever they use for the engine is it just "feels" old and clunky in your movements, not to mention the looks of the physics. And this extended to Skyrim and Oblivion which to me has the same feel. Almost any other contemporary FPS--Borderlands, CoD, Half Life 2, etc., just feel way better.

But all of the FO and ES games are amazing and it proves that if the game is good enough that stuff doesn't matter. I can't wait. Just the music makes me happy.

I too skipped the series but all this talk has got me pretty excited, so excited that I decided to check out FO 3 on steam. Unfortunately it says that it won't work on Win 7. After doing some Google searches it appears that there are some fixes, however most of the fixes are pretty outdated. Does this run on Win 7? I would hate to plop down $20 only to not see the game function.

Thing about the Fallout series...for as good as the game's stories and mechanics are...it is a damn buggy game. With FO3 there were dozens or hundreds of memory exceptions and leaks that were never fixed in not only the retail DVD but in all the subsequent patches. Hell, the first DLC had to be pulled off GFWL because installing it bricked people's game installs.

All that being said, if you can get it to run it is easily worth the $20USD.

Back