Fallout 3 TBA Nov 1st?

You should check out Vampire:TMB, the last game Troika made. It does suffer a bit from a rushed feeling (IE lack of a finished surround sound system, etc) but there's plenty of patches to fix it up (both offical ones and unoffical ones did by the community)

For those also that didn't know, Troika was actually in development of a new post apoc rpg when they got shut down :(.

Leonard even said that he would love for Bethseda to simply call them up and just ask them questions/talk with them about fallout 3, but he doubt they would do that.

I wish Bethseda would pick up the Troika guys and have them help with fallout, they would help a ton in making it the game it should be.

Also Bethseda already said that it's likely it will be the most violent/gorey game ever. However I still think they will end up gettin politically correct/new age and censor up some things, like having killable kids, and masking the whole bordello/sexual themes that were in the fallout games.

I hope not, I hope fallout 3 is as open, mature, and un-censored feeling as Fallout 2 was.

Stiler said:
You should check out Vampire:TMB, the last game Troika made. It does suffer a bit from a rushed feeling (IE lack of a finished surround sound system, etc) but there's plenty of patches to fix it up (both offical ones and unoffical ones did by the community)

For those also that didn't know, Troika was actually in development of a new post apoc rpg when they got shut down :(.

Leonard even said that he would love for Bethseda to simply call them up and just ask them questions/talk with them about fallout 3, but he doubt they would do that.

I wish Bethseda would pick up the Troika guys and have them help with fallout, they would help a ton in making it the game it should be.

Also Bethseda already said that it's likely it will be the most violent/gorey game ever. However I still think they will end up gettin politically correct/new age and censor up some things, like having killable kids, and masking the whole bordello/sexual themes that were in the fallout games.

I hope not, I hope fallout 3 is as open, mature, and un-censored feeling as Fallout 2 was.

I tried Vampire, it was a bug fest. I couldn't get the game to run well so I uninstalled it. I know there are many 3rd party patches out there for the game but still the original state of the game put me off.

I remember that interview with Leonard Boyarsky, maybe some of the original team are working on the latest game. Perhaps they were brought in as consultants.

Strange, i do have bloodlines and it runs well on my machine. The haunted house level was by far the best part of that game imho though. Very well made. Getting tactics also so should be playing that soon hopefully.

Ruiner said:
The last Troika game I played was TOEE. It was an awful bug-fest, reportedly rushed out the door by Atari/Hasbro.

Circle of Eight is working on a new module for TOEE. It's another old classic, Keep on the Borderlands. But without the source tools, the going is slow.

Once it was patched up, the engine from TOEE was great imo. The turn based combat was superb. The problem with TOEE, as a game, was a lackluster plot and narrowly defined adventure. It's basically a big dungeon crawl. It felt a lot like the old goldbox SSI games. I beat TOEE in 2 days. There just wasn't enough content. Nowadays rpg games need a wide range of locations and NPCs, instead of just one main dungeon and a few villages, to stay interesting.

Against the Giants/Queen of the Spiders series of modules from 1st edition AD&D would have made an excellent epic campaign for the engine. It's a shame the community doesn't have the tools. Imagine if they got released for modders. Some ex-Troika employee should make something happen.

Fallout 3 will be interesting. Anybody catch Desslock's tips to Bethesda on how to not screw it up ? LOL :D

Back