Fallout 3 securerom problem

w1ngzer0

Limp Gawd
I had daemon tools installed, uninstalled, reboot. Same error.

I have a program called carbonite that has unlimited online backup for something like $5 bucks a month.

I continually get an error message saying i have drive emulator software.

Is carbonite the problem or what do you guys think? :(

Could be, yeah. If I recall, Carbonite creates a virtual volume that mirrors the volume of their storage cloud, so you're looking at drive emulation.

Have you tried using Yasu? I don't recall if it only works for Daemon Tools, but it supposedly cloaks virtual drives.

I read through that like above and had a chuckle. I remember the "golden age" of PC gaming where you spent hours reconfiguring your system to get more RAM for your games so you could actually play them. Then the problems seemed to disappear and things just worked. Looks like the whole reconfiguring your system to play games is back, just for a different reason...

This is why my retail Fallout 3 is still in the box, while I play a trouble free downloaded copy.

my FO3 install says "install the original disk" when I start it up the first time.. then I cancel out and restart at it works fine... I assume that's a securerom issue.. it's a bit annoying, but I guess I will live with it.

If you already have it installed and configured, run fallout3.exe instead of the launcher, only the launcher is protected.

Just run the game using Fallout3.exe rather than FalloutLauncher.exe
It doesnt check the CD then :)

Back