• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

FALLOUT 3 in-game Video!

ahhh crap. This is looking like I feared and I was trying to be optimistic. It looks like Oblivion with guns. It looks more like a FPS than an RPG. :(
 
I really hope I can get this before I deploy sometime in October. That play-through trailer makes me want it even more.
 
ahhh crap. This is looking like I feared and I was trying to be optimistic. It looks like Oblivion with guns. It looks more like a FPS than an RPG. :(

You didn't expect this from Bethesda?
People are just going to have to accept it's a different kind of Fallout and enjoy it for what it is. Sheesh.

Anyway, cool gameplay vid. You can tell there is still some rough edges but I'm lookin forward to it.
 
Looks nice, but I have issue with the blast radius of the mini nuclear catapult.
 
ahhh crap. This is looking like I feared and I was trying to be optimistic. It looks like Oblivion with guns. It looks more like a FPS than an RPG. :(

Yeah I hear what your saying, but the halcyon days of that type of RPG are over it appears. Hopefully they will still have the twisted humor that made the original's so damn fun.
 
Might be somewhat like oblivion, but I friggen loved oblivion!
On the other had I never played the earlier fallout games so its not crushing my nostalgia.
 
If you modded the 3rd person zoom out distance and set it at a fixed angle, it could look just like the old Fallout Games. Only issue would be the transparency of the buildings you entered. Doable ? Maybe.

I'll take it either way, really looking forward to this :)
 
You didn't expect this from Bethesda?
People are just going to have to accept it's a different kind of Fallout and enjoy it for what it is. Sheesh.

Anyway, cool gameplay vid. You can tell there is still some rough edges but I'm lookin forward to it.

I guess I was being more optimistic that it wouldn't feel like it's just reskinned. I mean there are plenty of unreal games that don't feel like an unreal engine based game.

I'm still going to try it no matter what but, this really is leaving a lot of doubts. I do like the V.A.T.S. though.
 
I guess I was being more optimistic that it wouldn't feel like it's just reskinned. I mean there are plenty of unreal games that don't feel like an unreal engine based game.

I'm still going to try it no matter what but, this really is leaving a lot of doubts. I do like the V.A.T.S. though.

I feel you.
But it dosent really look like an Obliv reskin, lots of new gameplay stuffs are there.
 
ahhh crap. This is looking like I feared and I was trying to be optimistic. It looks like Oblivion with guns. It looks more like a FPS than an RPG. :(


Yeah looks disappointing, it really comes across as a console shoot em up with a few bells and whistles on it. Enemy A.I looks dreadful as well.

I think my worst fears for the game have just been confirmed. Fallout 3 by name only?
 
People aren't going to have to do anything of the sort.

I suppose not. Not accepting such a fact is their own, deluded choice.
This is a Fallout game and it is different from its predecessors.
 
I will be playing it like oblivion myself. I like fallouts storyline a lot more, and I like weapons and skills. I will be playing it more like system shock 2 or Deus Ex. None of that pause time assisted targeting shit for me.
 
1. Terrible Animations
2. Oblivion Reskin
3. Consoles
4. Terrible Graphics (see #3)
5. Terrible AI
6. Terrible Color palette
7. etc, etc.

Worst Game of 2008 IMO

However the dog was cool, too bad he moves like a dog from Wolfenstein 3D :rolleyes:
 
It looked disappointing to me.

It looks like an action game with bad animations/movement and the atmosphere seemed to be missing something.

I hope later trailers look better, I want to see more rpg elements damnit.

They really need to work on combat, AI, animations really really bad.
 
If it is at least as modifiable as Oblivion was, then it may have a chance. :)
 
I liked Oblivion, this does not look as good.
wish they just stuck with the same style as the previous fallouts
 
The first enemy he kills he shoots him in the head, and all his body parts fly off. Nice realism.:rolleyes:
 
looks good, can't wait..

hopefully they'll have a good story to go with it..


100 hours of gameplay isn't too bad either, oblivion sucked out 85hours of my life.. hopefully Fallout3 is just as good.
 
Didn't look much like an RPG, who knows maybe it will be in the Mass Effect mold. Shooting + RPG...

I think Bethseda can do a good game so I won't pass judgement just yet.
 
The first enemy he kills he shoots him in the head, and all his body parts fly off. Nice realism.:rolleyes:

Bloodly mess doesn't have to make sense. They got rid of traits entirely though, and bloody mess probably won't be a worthwhile perk anyway, so I'll probably play through a Fallout game without it... :(

I'm in the "it doesn't bode well" camp for opinions concerning the trailer.
 
WOW!!!! holy christ I cannot wait for this game! its looks absolutely amazing, everything I hoped it would look like, Dark, Gritty, Lack of Color, :eek: even the Enclave are in it!!!!!!

Thank you Bethesda.;)
 
1. Terrible Animations
2. Oblivion Reskin
3. Consoles
4. Terrible Graphics (see #3)
5. Terrible AI
6. Terrible Color palette
7. etc, etc.

Worst Game of 2008 IMO

However the dog was cool, too bad he moves like a dog from Wolfenstein 3D :rolleyes:


The dogs name is "DogMeat" and judging by that comment I can tell that you have never played a Fallout game.

Also you said "Terrible Color Palette"? Its a fucking nuclear wasteland! of course theres no color , everything is in a state of decay and rust, what do you expect?

God I hate whinners, especially whinners that have no clue what there talking about. that includes alot of you that posted on this thread, I can tell from alot of your posts that you have never touched a fallout game.
 
The dogs name is "DogMeat" and judging by that comment I can tell that you have never played a Fallout game.

Also you said "Terrible Color Palette"? Its a fucking nuclear wasteland! of course theres no color , everything is in a state of decay and rust, what do you expect?

God I hate whinners, especially whinners that have no clue what there talking about. that includes alot of you that posted on this thread, I can tell from alot of your posts that you have never touched a fallout game.

Yeah and you covered 1 aspect of several noticable flaws, who cares what the dogs name is. I should have called him wolfie (Wolf 3D) from the way the animations were. Just because it is a nuclear waste land doesn't mean it has to have terrible textures is another one I forgot to add on the shit list.
 
I care that the dogs name is Dogmeat, and I'm sure all the Fallout fans excluding yourself care as well, you obviously do not know what your talking about.
 
What a bunch of whiners. 5 mins of gameplay that only showed off the combat system and people think they know everything about the game.

BTW fallout 1/2 was nothing but turnbased combat with a good storyline and a twist of strategy involved.
 
Yeah and you covered 1 aspect of several noticable flaws, who cares what the dogs name is. I should have called him wolfie (Wolf 3D) from the way the animations were. Just because it is a nuclear waste land doesn't mean it has to have terrible textures is another one I forgot to add on the shit list.

You obviously are not a fan of fallout. No point in whining about a 5min gameplay video. Only when its released can we see how the game shapes up but thanks for the childish muse.
 
here is the E3 2008 Fallout 3 Trailer.. man this looks great.. @ve3d

the atmosphere looks dead on..
 
I don't know if I am outgrowing console games or what but that trailer showed some of the most dumb downed game play I have ever seen. A stop time auto target system? Really? I understand a lot of the fall out fans will play this game for the story and what not but I miss the days of actual skill twitch game play that seems to have been all but lost from the 2d to 3d switch and replaced with visuals and cut scenes.
 
What a bunch of whiners. 5 mins of gameplay that only showed off the combat system and people think they know everything about the game.

BTW fallout 1/2 was nothing but turnbased combat with a good storyline and a twist of strategy involved.


Agree with the first paragraph.....sheesh people, at least wait until it comes out before you form the mob to storm the dev studios...:rolleyes:
 
I care that the dogs name is Dogmeat, and I'm sure all the Fallout fans excluding yourself care as well, you obviously do not know what your talking about.

You obviously are not a fan of fallout. No point in whining about a 5min gameplay video. Only when its released can we see how the game shapes up but thanks for the childish muse.

You’re absolutely right; I have never played or seen anyone playing Fallout. On the other hand not once did I mention anything about the previous games or how it strays from the originals. The list I presented was flaws I, along with others saw from the game play / graphics. Everything on the list had zero (READ: 0) to do with any previous versions of the series.

Honestly if I was in charge and asked to present what they had at E3 in its current state I would have laughed and said no way in hell. The game is supposed to be released what 3rd? 4th QTR of this year?

See this isn’t Diablo 3 where a lot of people are complaining about the graphics, textures, animations, etc. With Diablo 3 they are mainly complaining about the color scheme. With Fallout 3 I was not "complaining" I was laughing at it. LOOK at the game.... Seriously take the time to look at it. It looks like something from 4 years ago. Again I could care less about Fallout 1, 2, 3, 4, or whatever. I was stating facts about the presentable video they showed, of which I find hilarious.

I mean I could be wrong; it wouldn't be the first time. They might just be able to cram another 2 years worth of work into it in 4 months, just sayin. :rolleyes:
 
I don't know if I am outgrowing console games or what but that trailer showed some of the most dumb downed game play I have ever seen. A stop time auto target system? Really? I understand a lot of the fall out fans will play this game for the story and what not but I miss the days of actual skill twitch game play that seems to have been all but lost from the 2d to 3d switch and replaced with visuals and cut scenes.

Maybe you never played Fallout 1 or 2? I think the idea is to retain as many of the original players as possible. The game was turn based combat. What twitch gaming in 2d? Commander keen? Crystal caves?
 
Yeah that video definitely doesn't do anything for me. Glad they kept in the vat system but just doesn't work for me.
 
OMFGG! CAN'T WAIT FOT THIS GAME!!!!!!!

/end giddy school boyness

Oblivion was probably my favorite game of all time I suck 100s of hrs into that game and enjoyed it SO much. The story and the gameplay exceeded my expectations. I really hope this next one is as big of a blockbuster as oblivion was.
 
Back
Top