FAKE MSI SLI board !!!

LyCoS

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 15, 2004
Messages
205
originals

http://mapage.noos.fr/ftpforumnoky/K8N-Diamond.jpg
http://mapage.noos.fr/ftpforumnoky/K8N-Neo4-Platinum.jpg

use your browser to find the differences

and here are the zones to check out !!

K8N-Diamondhu.jpg

K8N-Neo4-Platinumhu.jpg



NOTE : the same board number...


ph0enix said:
in order ,
........................Fake...........................................Normal........................................... part used for fake

Fake.jpg
Fake2.jpg
Fake3.jpg


this is a close up of the K8N diamonds orange residue due to a non-carefull pasting.



OK now in case there is ANY doubt, a friend did a bit-per-nit comparaison :

k8n-diff.jpg


this means both images a perfectly identical, exept for the 2 PCIe ports and the SATA.



EDIT : owned :D
 

[BB] Rick James

[H]ard Dawg
Joined
Apr 4, 2004
Messages
2,810
How do you know they are fake? Maybe one is an early revision and maybe the other is the one the public will get?
 

LyCoS

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 15, 2004
Messages
205
[BB] Rick James said:
How do you know they are fake? Maybe one is an early revision and maybe the other is the one the public will get?


They are not both fake. The SLI board is fake.

SLI board = K8N diamond
PCIe = Neo4 platinum


the SLI board is a Neo4 with a little pasting... check it out !!
 

rogue_jedi

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Sep 6, 2002
Messages
4,821
actually, i think both those boards are faked. load both images into a tabbed browser for flipping purposes. then look at the SATA port under the orange pci slot, where it hits the mounting hole (that corner) proceed to flip. the SATA port looks pasted on top of some pin headers there. i'm guessing they're both modified from an existing motherboard image.

also, no traces whatsoever change. this supports the conclusion that at least one is faked. looking at the slots themselves, the pci slots are at an angle, whereas all the pci-e slots are looking straight in. the 2 pci-e x1 or x4 slots on the board with just an x16 are also at a completely identical aspect, and the shadow from the capacitor next to one is on top of it, which doesn't seem likely.

i wish they were real, but it would appear that they aren't:(
 

LyCoS

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 15, 2004
Messages
205
rogue_jedi said:
actually, i think both those boards are faked. load both images into a tabbed browser for flipping purposes. then look at the SATA port under the orange pci slot, where it hits the mounting hole (that corner) proceed to flip. the SATA port looks pasted on top of some pin headers there. i'm guessing they're both modified from an existing motherboard image.

also, no traces whatsoever change. this supports the conclusion that at least one is faked. looking at the slots themselves, the pci slots are at an angle, whereas all the pci-e slots are looking straight in. the 2 pci-e x1 or x4 slots on the board with just an x16 are also at a completely identical aspect, and the shadow from the capacitor next to one is on top of it, which doesn't seem likely.

i wish they were real, but it would appear that they aren't:(


check out the shadows around the socket, + the fingerprints on the IO connectors... basically check out the highlighted spots. i also found solder points cut in two by chinese writing (between the first PCI and second PCIe)
 

S1N3R6Y

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 1, 2004
Messages
339
You could have just looked at the fan power cord. They are positioned exactly the same.
 

kcchan1

Weaksauce
Joined
Oct 15, 2004
Messages
90
Just look at the chipset fan. What are the odds both are postioned identically?
 

LyCoS

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 15, 2004
Messages
205
kcchan1 said:
Just look at the chipset fan. What are the odds both are postioned identically?

if it where a rendered image. but it obviously isnt ;)

EDIT : check out the latest edit first post :D
 

LyCoS

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 15, 2004
Messages
205
Impact9 said:
Were the SLI images used on resellers or manufactures website,in a review, or another thread? Linkage please.

check out the hardocp nforce2 review ;)

the SLI picture is from nvidias FTP, and is also present of MSIs website :rolleyes:
 

rogue_jedi

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Sep 6, 2002
Messages
4,821
Impulse said:
My bet is: lots of vigorous umm... oggling, of the boards. :D
well, of course! what else are you going to do with pictures of a motherboard that pretty (except for the mistakes of course)? isn't that what pictures are designed for?
 
Joined
Aug 11, 2003
Messages
706
thats an awesome find man...wish i would ahve noticed this...sumone should e-mail these pics in and see what they say about it.
 
Joined
Aug 11, 2003
Messages
706
if you look at the Neo 4 the quality si bad too...i think ti sobvious these are renders and nto real pics....or boards.
 

LyCoS

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 15, 2004
Messages
205
thevampirelord66 said:
if you look at the Neo 4 the quality si bad too...i think ti sobvious these are renders and nto real pics....or boards.


actually the neo4 isnt a render. you can see it with the fingerprints and the shadows. with the difference pic, the diamond isnt a render either. its just photoshoped...
 

kahuna

n00b
Joined
Oct 25, 2004
Messages
8
I did notice ghost images of several different portions of the board while reading the review online last night. There are two images of a retaining clip of some type shadowed or "ghosted" on the board.

You guys ever notice how some manufacturers will mask or retouch photos to hide what they are doing from the competition? Perhaps this is what we are seeing. After all, the comment in the review was "We also have an Asus board, but we are not allowed to show you pictures for some reason."

Just my 8 drachmas worth.

Cheers
Kev
 

LyCoS

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 15, 2004
Messages
205
kahuna said:
I did notice ghost images of several different portions of the board while reading the review online last night. There are two images of a retaining clip of some type shadowed or "ghosted" on the board.

You guys ever notice how some manufacturers will mask or retouch photos to hide what they are doing from the competition? Perhaps this is what we are seeing. After all, the comment in the review was "We also have an Asus board, but we are not allowed to show you pictures for some reason."

Just my 8 drachmas worth.

Cheers
Kev


DFI and Tyan both put real pictures of real layouts (probably not working samples, but the layout was there)
 

CGFMaster

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 27, 2004
Messages
171
And also what would be the chances of the CPU bracket screws being EXACTLY in the same position..... I wonder if this has been done before unoticed.....
 

krizzle

Gawd
Joined
Jun 28, 2004
Messages
902
Damn,
Corporations taking such silly measures just to say "we're first in the game..."
anybody checked the Abit AX8 yet?
 

LyCoS

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 15, 2004
Messages
205
krizzle said:
Damn,
Corporations taking such silly measures just to say "we're first in the game..."
anybody checked the Abit AX8 yet?


lets put it this way : its not really our problem. its their problem to get the boards out. But its pretty intertaining to see them fight for the "did it first"
 

Erasmus354

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Mar 12, 2004
Messages
9,450
wow the SLi board is a fake, I thought the pic looked kinda funny when I first saw it, since the second PCIe x16 slot seems to overlap the chipset cooler. And when looking at the SLi board, notice the end of the first PCIe x16 slot, you can still see the shadow from the 3rd capacitor instead of a shadow from a slot.
 

oldpablo

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
May 31, 2003
Messages
6,352
So with MSI's official announcement, I guess they aren't fake? At least the boards do exist, but the photoshop stuff might still be true (overactive marketing departments).

Edit: DOH shouldn't this announcement be up on MSI's website? The main [H] page links to http://www.digitimes.com/mobos/a20041029AC082.html but I can't find a press release on MSI's website. Still foggy...
 
Joined
Oct 14, 2004
Messages
13
That last pic of the released mobo is not fake, PLUS it is totally different than the first SLI picture. The differences are all over the place.
 

LyCoS

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 15, 2004
Messages
205
zonetripper said:
That last pic of the released mobo is not fake, PLUS it is totally different than the first SLI picture. The differences are all over the place.


that was my point :rolleyes:
 

Erasmus354

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Mar 12, 2004
Messages
9,450
I wonder if it was MSI that made the fake photochop picture, or whether it was someone trying to be the first to get an image of it for their preview. It would seem kind of pointless of MSI to release that faked photo when a week or two later we have real pictures.
 

LyCoS

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 15, 2004
Messages
205
Erasmus354 said:
I wonder if it was MSI that made the fake photochop picture, or whether it was someone trying to be the first to get an image of it for their preview. It would seem kind of pointless of MSI to release that faked photo when a week or two later we have real pictures.


so its a picture of someone wanting to be the first BUT its on MSI's website...
 
Top