FAH Performance Tracker

402blownstroker

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - Nov. 2012
Hey everyone,

I have created and released a little web app based on the spreadsheet I have seen floating around. The app has a lot more features than what a spreadsheet can provide:

• Data is sortable by all columns
  • Dislayed columns change be changed
  • Order of the column can be changed
  • Adding of projects is much easier

Anyone can view the projects along with sorting it by the default columns. To add projects of your own, you need to do a couple of things:

1. Register and login. By registering, this will prevent any yahoo from adding a bunch of crap.
  2. Add the machine(s) you have to the system. All this info can be selected to be displayed.
  3. Add a project. You you have to do is select the machine the project is for( dropdown ), select the project( dropdown ), enter the run/clone/gen ( optional but highly encouraged to enter ), and then enter the TPF minutes and seconds. The app will calculate all the points values.

There is the url the app is at:

www.dragongathering.org:15080

Make sure to include the port number( 15080 ).

I would also like to get any suggestions or ideas for improvements. Those can be sent to the email I have registered here.

I also need to give a big thanks to rhavern for doing a lot of the beta and sanity testing :)

Last edited:
ToDos: I should have these done this weekend.
  • Add in lightbox gem for popups.
  • Add filtering based on SMP/BA/BB projects.

Change Log:

Code:
2012/09/28 - Add EOC Id to users and made fah id a link to EOC.
           - Added Watts field to machines.
           - 'Actions' only appears when logged in.

2012/09/26 - Fixed a couple of bugs.
           - Banner images are now links 'Home'
           - Added in paging.  Default size is 25 and user changeable.
           - Loaded old projects for current users.

2012/09/25 - Added in row coloring based on sorting groups
           - Added in user selectable colors for headers and primary/secondary row groupings.
           - Added 'System' names as links to machine details.

Last edited:
:( went to sign up and now its showing its offline.. i'll wait til it comes back up but the 2 minutes i got to look at it, it looks pretty good.

:( went to sign up and now its showing its offline.. i'll wait til it comes back up but the 2 minutes i got to look at it, it looks pretty good.

You must have hit it when I was updating HA proxy settings on the server. Sorry about that.

Opens here. Trying to register but it says "something went wrong" upon clicking submit button...

Hmmmm.... Looks like I broke something in the registration process. I will look at that here this evening.

Actually looks like the HA proxy server has crashed. Maybe it is time to actually setup and use apache for load balancing....

Last edited:
New version pushed out. Turns out it was a bug coupled with a lack of servers instances, sessions not expiring correctly, and goofiness from the database server. Things should be up and working now.

Hmm, it looks like account was created despite prior error message. Was able to log in.

One more observation -- it would be nice if clicking the banner would take one to the homepage.

Hmm, it looks like account was created despite prior error message. Was able to log in.

One more observation -- it would be nice if clicking the banner would take one to the homepage.

That can be done very easy.

I will also be adding in peoples entries from the spreadsheet has they register. The big thing that will need to be done is updating the machine info.

cool just went to the site and says the account i made yesterday was created.. added an A4 WU, not going to bother adding them all since the TPF is +- 2-3 seconds difference and are all the same base/kfactor. will add a a3 WU when i actually finish one without closing the client or doing something on my computer at the same time to screw the numbers up.

All the people that 'tried' to create an account yesterday, the accounts where made/created successfully. The bug was in loading defaults of some new functionality being done incorrectly. That was causing the 'Something went wrong error'.

I am almost done with the import of the old data from the spreadsheet. I got side tracked with adding in paging of the data. Plus my 7 year old daughter has been pretty demanding of her man-servant lately :D

All the people that 'tried' to create an account yesterday, the accounts where made/created successfully. The bug was in loading defaults of some new functionality being done incorrectly. That was causing the 'Something went wrong error'.

I am almost done with the import of the old data from the spreadsheet. I got side tracked with adding in paging of the data. Plus my 7 year old daughter has been pretty demanding of her man-servant lately :D

lol kids always come first, no rush. that or turn her into the slave and teach her how to import spreadsheet data. ;)

New version pushed out with a couple of bug fixes, minor improvements, and...... paging for the pages. Defaults to 25, but can be user defined.

Also I loaded old projects for:
  • patonb
  • rhavern
  • tear

Place holder machines have been created. When you guys get a chance, please update them. Also I think a couple of the projects might be duplicates for what was entered before. If they are, you can delete them out.

It says that my email address has been taken when I try to sign up. Trying to log in gives me an invalid password. Trying to reset my password gives me an error.

It says that my email address has been taken when I try to sign up. Trying to log in gives me an invalid password. Trying to reset my password gives me an error.

I for now, I removed the initial record when you registered. I will take a look at the reset password functionality here this evening.

I think you have done a great job at automating the spreadsheet. I thought I'd throw in a couple of suggestion for you to thinking about.

I'm thinking there 3 main reasons, people want to look at the data.
1. How does my rig performance compare to everyone else.
2. If I want XX PPD, I'm going to need a rig that looks like ZZ.
3. By Project WU, how effective is what type of hardware.

I'm thinking you're going to want a better breakdown on the hardware used for TPF. Things like Motherboard, Memory Speed, Bios, CPU, CPU Ghz, and maybe even OS all have a huge impacts on the numbers.

Other "Good" ideas:
- Anyway possible to export / import, cut/paste data already collected by HFM.net?
- Once you get 100 or more records, you're probably will want to filter rather than sort
- Could Hyperlink User to there EOC user summary with collecting EOC ID.
- User is cool, but not one of the main data elements.
- Could collect Watts, for whole another look at the data.

I realize you have a real job and probably not looking for another full time hobby, but you got all the makings of something pretty cool! ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------
Edit OK, I probably should have setup an account and reviewed before posting. I see you are collect alot of the hardware

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments and feedback. Some responses are in red within your original post. If you have not registered and logged in, I really suggest it. Logging in gives you a lot more options. When not logged in, it is pretty much a static view of the data.

Note: I have added the following and will push out the changes latter tonight:
  • EOC Id field added and if a user has it set, 'User' value is now a link.
  • Added Watts field to machines.

I think you have done a great job at automating the spreadsheet. I thought I'd throw in a couple of suggestion for you to thinking about.

I'm thinking there 3 main reasons, people want to look at the data.
1. How does my rig performance compare to everyone else.
2. If I want XX PPD, I'm going to need a rig that looks like ZZ.
3. By Project WU, how effective is what type of hardware.

I'm thinking you're going to want a better breakdown on the hardware used for TPF. Things like Motherboard, Memory Speed, Bios, CPU, CPU Ghz, and maybe even OS all have a huge impacts on the numbers.

If you register and login in, you can choose many more and different columns to display, remove one not important to you, and choose a different display order.. Pretty much all those things can be captured and displayed.

Other "Good" ideas:
- Anyway possible to export / import, cut/paste data already collected by HFM.net?
I have gotten a couple of different requests to do this type of thing. The big issue is dealing with all the different data formats. I am looking at creating a new service that can import and/or take in data from different sources. I would like to have some separation of responsibilities here.
- Once you get 100 or more records, you're probably will want to filter rather than sort
Currently it has sorting and paging of all the data. I have been wanting to add in filtering, but I am still thinking of a good way to implement it.
- Could Hyperlink User to there EOC user summary with collecting EOC ID.
Hmmmm.... good idea. I can add an extra field in the user registration page to capture the numeric EOC id. If they user adds it, then the user name in the table will become a link. Pretty easy to do.
- User is cool, but not one of the main data elements.
- Could collect Watts, for whole another look at the data.
Another good point. I will add a Watts field to the machine section. Easy to do.

I realize you have a real job and probably not looking for another full time hobby, but you got all the makings of something pretty cool! ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------
Edit OK, I probably should have setup an account and reviewed before posting. I see you are collect alot of the hardware

Last edited:
I just signed up and will get you some info in the next couple days hopefully. Just got my box back to running stable (I think) so it will take a few days to get some decent WU info from HFM.

Great job man! This program may not look pretty, but it sure is a fantastic tool.

This program may not look pretty, but it sure is a fantastic tool.

Suggestions for make it pretty are just as welcome as functional ones. I spend most of days dealing with server backend stuff and not GUI design/layouts ;)

New version pushed out with a couple of bug fixes, minor improvements, and...... paging for the pages. Defaults to 25, but can be user defined.

Also I loaded old projects for:
  • patonb
  • rhavern
  • tear

Place holder machines have been created. When you guys get a chance, please update them. Also I think a couple of the projects might be duplicates for what was entered before. If they are, you can delete them out.

I've fixed mine. I see you've fixed the OS column bit as well. Good stuff.

I like where all this is going; nice work, 402blownstroker :)

I'd actually recommend taking advantage of PSU field w/ the machine and Watts
with the _project_ as power usage may vary quite significantly from project to project.

I like where all this is going; nice work, 402blownstroker :)

I'd actually recommend taking advantage of PSU field w/ the machine and Watts
with the _project_ as power usage may vary quite significantly from project to project.

I think I see where you are going. Add a new field to machines to specify the PSU it has and move the Watts to the project. The type of WU is going to be the thing that dictates the Watts pulled.

Simple enough change and I should get that done here tonight.

Good idea tear :)

Getting some odds behavior if you go back to change the columns a few times.. The first 9 columns have Order of "1". In the beginning everything was order correctly.. Might need a reset the columns to default button too.

Getting some odds behavior if you go back to change the columns a few times.. The first 9 columns have Order of "1". In the beginning everything was order correctly.. Might need a reset the columns to default button too.

I've observed this behavior as well. Seems to work the second time though.

I got side tracked with a 4P upgrade and some 'real' work stuff. After a quick look at the ordering 'functionality', I think I know the weirdness. When a single person codes, reviews, and tests the a single piece of code, somethings a 'what the hell was I thinking' slips by :D

For a short term solution I have put in a 'reset columns' to stop the insanity!!!!! Baby steps work a little better than massive changes right. Remember I did say intially the ordering was a little bit clunky. I am looking into a nice JQuery module for doing drap-n-drop between two list listboxes for 'what I want and not want' and specifing the order for 'what I want'.

It is also cool to see some non 2P/4P data coming in. Keep that up!

I will be adding in GPU support here this weekend. What kind of stats should be captured about a card:

- Model
- Memory size
- Memory speed
- Cores
- Shaders
- ?????

Obviously I do not have much folding experience here.

Shader speed - lots of the same model of gpu with different shader speeds, the different between the slowest and highest can be ~2k PPD

card power consumption might be useful for PPD/W comparisons

I should have GPU support finished up here in the next couple of days. I have been pretty busy with work here and server upgrade plans went right into the crapper and just starting to recover. Damn Fedora 17 and lack of iSCSI support with installs :(

Back