Facebook's Mounting Customer Service Crisis

HardOCP News

[H] News
If I am reading this correctly people are “on the verge of panic” and threatening a class action lawsuit because they can’t access their Facebook page? C'mon, seriously?

"Accounts are still down as of this Thursday morning," another e-mail read. "Facebook has been completely non responsive to its users. My account has been down with site maintenance issues since Saturday. I have sent over 20 requests to FB and joined help user groups looking for answers."

oh no my free service that doesn't affect my life at all is down.

but i do panic a bit when [h] forums are down steve.

oh no my free service that doesn't affect my life at all is down.

but i do panic a bit when [h] forums are down steve.
I was banned from 1 month from the H.

Shittiest month ever :(

The damages I've suffered from not being able to access my Facebook page due to the negligence of Facebook have caused me great emotional pain, anguish, and suffering, loss of normal life, and loss of income and medical expenses due to aggravated psychological trauma. I demand that facebook pay me $500,000 immediately or I will sue them for a million trillion dollars.

............................................______ __
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?........................... ...........................,
.................../.................................................. .........,}
................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}
.............../.................................................. .,:”........./
..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`..... ..._/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.`~,......“~.,....................`..... }............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|........... ...`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,.............. .............`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_........ ..._,-%.......`

WTF how am I supposed to stalk the hot chicks in my class now?

and how am I gonna fap to their hot pix if the website is down???

wtf facebook???

I despise Facebook. It's very annoying to see people who think we really give a shit about what they are doing at that very moment.

I despise Facebook. It's very annoying to see people who think we really give a shit about what they are doing at that very moment.

facebook and twitter are taking narcissism to a whole new level. it's sad, really.

Some people need to get a live......

Yes, well, to some less fortunate than us, their lives have no meaning if people can't keep track of everything they do.

What's the point if nobody knows, right?

On a related story, people world-wide suddenly forget the saying "You get what you pay for."

Yes, well, to some less fortunate than us, their lives have no meaning if people can't keep track of everything they do.

What's the point if nobody knows, right?

"Yes, you are right. It's all about, me, me, me. Please, look at me! I am so pretty! Love me! Want me!"

ahahahahah!!!! I needed a good laugh.

Sad part is, they would probably win the lawsuit. :rolleyes:

I heard an interview with a girl on radio who was so addicted to FB she could not go for more than an hour or two without checking her facebook or she started to have a nervous breakdown. That's just f-ing crazy! Worse then WoW addicts. I only start getting anxious after 3-4 days without internet, then I feel like I have to check my mail and read some news about video games and PC hardware and such. Although I've gone without internet for weeks and the world didn't end, after a while you get used to not having internet access and your brain revert to pre-internet mode. I guess it's more though for those who grew up with the internet. I was 12 before we got internet at home and 15-16 before I was allowed more than 1 hour per week.

I only check my FB once a day, twice at the most normally. Granted it connects to my phone too, but I only look if it says I have a message (which is pretty much never).

I also heard about that girl, hate to see what would happen to her is he got grounded from the computer and cell phone for a day.

I'm going to go out on a limb here. I like facebook. There. I said it.

But yeah, when it's down I don't care to contact their support and complain. I'm sure they have monitoring systems to do that and I'd just be a pita to them. whatever.

I hate facebook. I hate being at parties where douches are all, "facebook me bro!" I hate the fact that people feel the need to document their most pedestrian of accomplishments: "so and so is taking a shit, totally dominating it."

I also hate the fact I can't seem to avoid the site for any great length of time - my hypocrisy appears to be fully intact.

While it is a "free service", it is still a "service" and you are still a "customer". You pay for it with the consent to view advertisements. On one hand I don't agree that you should sue such a service, however if the termination, loss or reduction of service was intentional or not restored in a "reasonable" amount of time, then you may have a case.

Being obsessed with a service so much that a temporary outage causes distress is ridiculous and you should be subjected to a mental health evaluation before a pending suit.

Oh, of course they're not responding to your complaints. They already know there is a problem and contacting them is going to make it take even longer to fix. Not to mention you just crashed another server because your useless complaints overloaded the system.

Viewing advertisements is not payment for a service. The advertisers are the only ones with a complaint about lack of service because they are the only ones paying for the service. They pay to get access to your eyes. Facebook (or TV, or magazines, or newspapers, or radio (ears), etc.) provides a way to get your eyes to look at the advertisements. Users of a free service have no claim should that service not function. Facebook could shut down tomorrow and would have no issue with the users of the site.

The only money changing hands is between advertisers and the service provider. Most of the ads are through Google, so even that's a stretch.

My car will get a Facebook before I do.

not because I want a facebook. But because my car is more interesting than me. :(

I would suggest that addiction has more to do with an outside problem than the specific current addiction. If that girl wasn't addicted to Facebook it would be something else, drugs, collecting stamps, upgrading hardware etc.

The original story is ridiculous and sounds like that McDonald's hot coffee business. :confused:

I would suggest that addiction has more to do with an outside problem than the specific current addiction. If that girl wasn't addicted to Facebook it would be something else, drugs, collecting stamps, upgrading hardware etc.

The original story is ridiculous and sounds like that McDonald's hot coffee business. :confused:

Not at all. McDs lawsuit is actually a legit lawsuit by a company intentionally overheating their coffee, stating different and causing 3 degree burns.

A site is made from it's members. Unfortunately, a lot of the members of FaceBook are highly impatient. They demand issues be repaired immediately while being totally oblivious to the fact that some 'fixes' require time and patience.

I wonder what would happen if facebook, twitter, myspace, and *cell phones* were suddenly instantly non functional and abolished? Would people start committing mass suicide? I'd love to see people go nuts while the rest of us, who know how to adapt, manage to move on with life....

I wonder what would happen if facebook, twitter, myspace, and *cell phones* were suddenly instantly non functional and abolished? Would people start committing mass suicide? I'd love to see people go nuts while the rest of us, who know how to adapt, manage to move on with life....

I think my gf's head would explode if this happened.

You people are just as narcissistic as some of the Facebook users you complain about. I've seen the same opinion posted a hundred times and every one of you think yours is valuable. Some of you even have a sense of arrogance from not using Facebook that is just as annoying but on the other end of the spectrum. Get over yourselves.

As for the original story... surprise surprise... you have a service with 200+ million members and a moron comes along and sues you. Welcome to reality.

"omg, facebook isnt working!! it's the end of the world!!"

LOL

remember when gmail was down for couple hours and the panic that ensued afterward? LOLOL

You people are just as narcissistic as some of the Facebook users you complain about. I've seen the same opinion posted a hundred times and every one of you think yours is valuable. Some of you even have a sense of arrogance from not using Facebook that is just as annoying but on the other end of the spectrum. Get over yourselves.

As for the original story... surprise surprise... you have a service with 200+ million members and a moron comes along and sues you. Welcome to reality.

I'm guessing you really like Facebook, yea?

This is like suing your employer because they blocked FB. Any lawyer that takes up this class action lawsuit is a really desperate lawyer.

This is like suing your employer because they blocked FB. Any lawyer that takes up this class action lawsuit is a really desperate lawyer.

yeah, except the employer will likely have some sort of Acceptable Use Policy, if they don't they fail.

Back