Facebook's Mounting Customer Service Crisis

Lol, never even been to the website. Good time to go re-watch The IT Crowds "Friend Face" clip lol.

Why is everyone getting so angry at facebook. You should probably point your anger at the fact that people feel like facebook owes them something. Idiots.

While it is a "free service", it is still a "service" and you are still a "customer". You pay for it with the consent to view advertisements. On one hand I don't agree that you should sue such a service, however if the termination, loss or reduction of service was intentional or not restored in a "reasonable" amount of time, then you may have a case.

Sorry, no. This implies that the facebook owners couldn't just turn their servers off one day and never look back. Something about someone running a website, that doesn't take any money for services, not being able to shut it down whenever they want sounds wrong to me.

ahahahahah!!!! I needed a good laugh.

Sad part is, they would probably win the lawsuit. :rolleyes:

Doubtful if Facebook fought it. What would be more likely is that they'd capitulate and never let it reach litigation, instead settling out of court for some marginal damages that the lawyers will end up with most of anyway. :(

While it is a "free service", it is still a "service" and you are still a "customer". You pay for it with the consent to view advertisements. On one hand I don't agree that you should sue such a service, however if the termination, loss or reduction of service was intentional or not restored in a "reasonable" amount of time, then you may have a case.

Being obsessed with a service so much that a temporary outage causes distress is ridiculous and you should be subjected to a mental health evaluation before a pending suit.

Oh, of course they're not responding to your complaints. They already know there is a problem and contacting them is going to make it take even longer to fix. Not to mention you just crashed another server because your useless complaints overloaded the system.

No you do not have a case. There's no SLA that's implied nor offered. Thus Facebook could disappear for dayss and you'd still have no case.

I do however agree on the ridiculousness of it all. Facebook updates annoy me. :rolleyes:

Back