Facebook Uncages Angry Birds

HardOCP News

[H] News
Ugh, if you have a Facebook account, be prepared to be inundated with Angry Birds updates/invites/requests from all your friends.

"There are four different types of power-ups and they can be accessed via the lightning bolt button at the top of the screen," the company said. "You can use two power-ups per level. All power-ups have a different effect but ultimately make you more competitive against your friends by making your birds stronger or more accurate or even by shaking the earth itself!"

I just don't understand why anyone plays these silly flash games.

As a computer enthusiast it is completely baffling to me that a company like Zynga even exists, let alone has the astronomical success it does.

Mindless sheep. That's all I have to say.

Zarathustra[H];1038382633 said:

As a computer enthusiast it is completely baffling to me that a company like Zynga even exists, let alone has the astronomical success it does.

Mindless computer enthusiast ;-)

Last time I checked, Rovio developed and published Angry Birds, although I agree that Zynga shouldn't exist, as they have blatantly copied every game from someone else (they are like China of the flash game world), hopefully they will get sued out of existence soon.

As a computer enthusiast it is completely baffling to me that a company like Apple even exists, let alone has the astronomical success it does.

FTFY

Last time I checked, Rovio developed and published Angry Birds, although I agree that Zynga shouldn't exist, as they have blatantly copied every game from someone else (they are like China of the flash game world), hopefully they will get sued out of existence soon.

I was talking about Zynga as an example of a company that makes this type of game, it is irrelevant to me who actually made them.

It's so pitiful and unfortunate that these "mindless sheep" find fun and value in something that you don't. You big enlightened man, you.

:rolleyes:

If you want to be a snob about it, then let's be more realistic about it and raise the bar. Any game that is not the first Deus Ex is basically mindless sheep fodder.

Anyone calling themselves a "computer enthusiast" that cannot grasp the basic understanding that it takes to see why people play these games perhaps should not use that title.

Hold on!
Gimme a sec!
Trying to give a shit here...
*GRUNT*
*GRUNT*
*RRRRGH!*
Okay, I got nothin'.

I think about all the millions of birds selflessly crashing in glass and stone and pigs being shot at and dying under collapsed ruins EVERYDAY to entertained people. These are the real heroes and their sacrifices must be remember in Angry Birds II.

I just don't understand why anyone plays these silly [strike=1]flash[/s] 3D games. As a [strike=1]computer enthusiast[/s] casual gamer it is completely baffling to me that a company like [strike=1]Zynga[/s] Crytek even exists, let alone has the astronomical success it does.

It goes both ways.

I actually play this game sometimes, it's at least semi entertaining when you're bored as hell. I don't spend any money on that though, and I still think people that do are retarded. I know people that have spent probably hundreds on Zynga games though, stupidity.

Back