Facebook Stock Slides After Lock-Up Expires

HardOCP News

[H] News
Woo Hoo! It's a free-for-all stock sale! Coincidentally, that just about what Facebook's stock is trading at....free. ;)

Facebook's stock price is falling now that employees are able start selling restricted stock in the company. A lock-up period that had prevented such sales expired on Monday. U.S. stock markets opened on Wednesday for the first time since Superstorm Sandy hit the East Coast, so that's when employees could start selling.

I love this quote from Forbes:

For five agonizing months, Facebook’s employees have helplessly watched while the stock of Facebook that they owned declined in value to levels that few of them probably imagined possible when Facebook conducted its IPO in May.
No, the stock price was totally out of this world at IPO levels. $100 billion valuation? They're still overvalued at 46B...

i would go so far as to say that a lot of FB's newer 'features' aren't helping the stock prices

i would go so far as to say that a lot of FB's newer 'features' aren't helping the stock prices

They definitely aren't helping membership. I've since started seeing a lot more "sponsored" crap in my stream that I cant get rid of. In fact lately I see hardly anything but sponsored posts from the companies or products that I've "liked." And while I don't mind sometimes, its become more prevalent than posts from my actual friends and I find that incredibly annoying. I have to explicitly go in and subscribe to friends that I actually want to and used to see, and keep repeatedly hiding crap that I like but dont really want on my stream. Its a constant battle between sponsored posts and friends posts.

A small dive after a group of people have the ability to sell stocks is granted is expected. A sudden spike in supply drops prices.

It's a no-brainer to short stock when a sell restriction is lifted...

Quick profit for all, and stock should re-stabilize in a couple days... that fact that this is Facebook just exposes this more...

its here to stay, the hard part is, is the advertising valuable?

i have yet to see anyone click an ad since most of their ads are crap.

its here to stay, the hard part is, is the advertising valuable?

i have yet to see anyone click an ad since most of their ads are crap.

They pay facebooks bills, so yes valuable. Do they make money for the advertisers? Well, thats a good question.

Can Steve/Kyle check that link?
I just clicked to read about the death of FB and it takes you to a Virus filled page.
Thanks!

A lot of people were hoping this was going to be like Google and they'd get rich off of it. But, it was priced WAY too high to start. Facebook is very popular and relative for many people. It just seems that more and more of my friends are growing tired of it and only visit it once a week or less. Kids, though, love the shit out of it.

Return on advertising (for the advertisers) has to be good. Either that, or they are expecting more to happen, but it never comes? I'd really like to see the numbers on that. Amount paid vs. amount of visitors from Facebook...

A lot of people were hoping this was going to be like Google and they'd get rich off of it. But, it was priced WAY too high to start. Facebook is very popular and relative for many people. It just seems that more and more of my friends are growing tired of it and only visit it once a week or less. Kids, though, love the shit out of it.

Return on advertising (for the advertisers) has to be good. Either that, or they are expecting more to happen, but it never comes? I'd really like to see the numbers on that. Amount paid vs. amount of visitors from Facebook...

Most of the employees are still likely "rich," they're just not as rich as they (delusionally) thought they might be if the shares held their (inflated) IPO valuation.

I hate Facebook. Horrible user experience, espeically considering the "resources" they have. I'm going to laugh my ass off when MySpace comes back roaring.

I love this quote from Forbes:

No, the stock price was totally out of this world at IPO levels. $100 billion valuation? They're still overvalued at 46B...

How agonizing it must be to see the free 2 million in networth you have slip to 1 million.
Seriously the facebook employees do not have any problems, its the banks and suckers who actually bought stock not the ones who received it for free.

I hate Facebook. Horrible user experience, espeically considering the "resources" they have. I'm going to laugh my ass off when MySpace comes back roaring.
Yeah, you keep telling yourself that MySpace will roar back at Facebook's expense. ;)

Back