Facebook Refuses to Take Down Tribute Page to Killer

This really shouldn't have even made news, just a bunch of /b/ trying rile people up.

Even though its ridiculous, its still free speech. But then again, if i causes enough negative media, facebook has the right to take it down.

Soo... what about when Facebook removed the page that 'offended' Saudi Arabian countries?

Take it down. There is no free speech on Facebook so people supporting that are wrong. If they had their own webpage and the government is trying to take it down, thats another story. it should be removed.

I defriended my ex after we broke up. I went to some area on the website [they've remodeled it since I did this] which I believe was the friends area and it gives you a bunch of recommended friends. I clicked the x by her name and i've never received a recommendation to be her friend.

If ya dont like the page then dont become a fan. Freedom of speech does still stand. kinda.

While it may not be in good taste, all people have to do is not read it.

The same could be said for all the ridiculous censorship on Radio and TV, but sadly freedom of speech does not appear to apply to the airwaves.

Bleh, how repulsive. But still, free speech is best. If anything it's a good source of psychological information on the minds of people who would support such a person.. And nobody is stopping people from making their own Facebook page saying that they think people who are part of the other one are creepy... Just as long as it doesn't degrade into a focused, libelous pissing contest. :D

Take it down. There is no free speech on Facebook so people supporting that are wrong. If they had their own webpage and the government is trying to take it down, thats another story. it should be removed.

Ah the old 'corporate fascism is acceptable' angle. :p

Well in that case, if Facebook is refusing to take it down, it's their right to allow free speech in their networks, isn't it? Too bad in this light, it's more a "pick and choose" kind of free speech.

Facebook is really an experiment in the marketplace of ideas. The ideas that fail get abandoned and shredded into the dustbin of internet history. The ones that succeed continue. It's social evolution and I say, even against my better judgment and ideological convictions that it should stand.

Ah the old 'corporate fascism is acceptable' angle. :p

Well in that case, if Facebook is refusing to take it down, it's their right to allow free speech in their networks, isn't it? Too bad in this light, it's more a "pick and choose" kind of free speech.

No different than Kyle censoring Tiny URLs here and stuff. Their website, they can do what they want to do with it.

No different than Kyle censoring Tiny URLs here and stuff. Their website, they can do what they want to do with it.

[H]ard|Forum reserves the right to ban any member or limit access to open forums or subscriptions forums at any time without prior notification and without explanation. Also HardForum reserves the right to edit, reprint, distribute, or delete any posting for any reason and without prior notification or explanation to the author.

All messages posted become the property of [H]ard|Forum.

[H]ard|Forum and its representatives will not be held liable for the result of the usage of any information provided in the [H]ard|Forum, and disclaim all liability resulting in the use of the posted information.

Sweet bejezus! All your messages belong to them! And they except no liabilities! Quick lets write to a news site! their stealing liberties and shit! With no questions asked they can take you away and kill you!!!!!111111

Didn't they take down some kind of Hitler page before? I don't get Facebook.

it's called freedom of speech, no matter how F'd up your viewpoint is, you're able to express it without the government stepping in and shutting you up.....

I feel the same way. You take away someones freedom of speech, you might as well take it away from all of us. You can't pick and choose what speech is covered under that freedom, otherwise, it's not a freedom anymore.

Freedom of speech is an American right, not an Internet right. Facebook could take it off without disrupting the freedom of speech. It's a private organization, not part of the American government. Facebook can do whatever the fuck it wants and print what it wants and let others do the same. Or they can delete anything that has anything to do with violence or whatever.

Forcing them to take it down is anti-constitutional. It all boils down to ethics on Facebooks part...

Sweet bejezus! All your messages belong to them! And they except no liabilities! Quick lets write to a news site! their stealing liberties and shit! With no questions asked they can take you away and kill you!!!!!111111

You should probably wait til they actually do it before you sperg out.

Back