Facebook Considering Ad-Free Subscription Service

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
It seems that Facebook might be feeling a little pressure over the Cambridge Analytica scandal because they are considering an ad-free subscription service to regain trust. Also, they believe it might bring even more people to Facebook. However, this is far from a done deal, but at least it's something they are considering. Personally, I wouldn't jump on board even if they did offer an ad-free version, but I bet a lot of people would because they would believe Facebook isn't using their data.......right.

Now, Facebook thinks consumer sentiment may be changing. The company is facing a crisis of public trust after a developer gave personal information on millions of Facebook users to Cambridge Analytica, a political consulting firm that worked on Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign. News of the data leak spurred questions about the information Facebook collects on people for ads, and whether users are tracked and targeted in ways they don’t expect or understand.

Well, this is a brilliant move! Charging people a fee to collect their data from them! You can bet the number of numpties signing up for that will propel FB to dizzying heights of hysteria.

Wow,...just Wow.

You want to regain trust? Simple, just shut down the site.

Last edited:
Ads are not the issue... Data collection, cross correlation AND selling it on.

What if you pay but someone you know doesn't, via them is you info harvested?

No enough by a long shot.

FTFA
Internal company research in past years concluded consumers wouldn’t be receptive to a subscription option, seeing it as Facebook being greedy and asking for money for something it said would always be free, the people said.

so.. they lied

LOL

Clever stuff. Make Cambridge Analytica take the fall oh so very publically, cause mass public outrage, maybe get some of the governments of the world to change a few nasty little laws for you nice and quietly, then launch a nice friendly private little subscription service for the terminally stupid, pay a tiny percentage of tax to some governments to keep them happy, also making sure to privately offer them "controls" on their personal accounts and also those of their business partners and family.

Simply fucking genius.

No kidding. It's not whether YOU see ads, it's whether they save your data and profile. No matter what they offer, the assumption has to be they will always do this.

The answer? Don't use social media sites.

Oh FB, I already have Ad free FB, and it's free, silly you.

Hello and welcome to the Internet! It's 1996, the future starts here, and we are glad that you have taken this important first step in joining a new community of thousands of people, and in time, we hope to have even more people and companies join our little community and discover the true benefits of being connected to a brave new global digital world...

Hello and welcome to the Internet! It's 1996, the future starts here, and we are glad that you have taken this important first step in joining a new community of thousands of people, and in time, we hope to have even more people and companies join our little community and discover the true benefits of being connected to a brave new global digital world...
Might be still early in the day for my, so it flew over my head.
I take it you mean the the interwebs is the original FB?
Anyway, no really, FBPurity FTFW, kiss those ads bye bye. :)

Back