• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Facebook Adding Facial Recognition

HardOCP News

[H] News
Joined
Dec 31, 1969
Messages
0
Facebook's new facial recognition feature is about to go live and, as with most of the company's new features, I predict a bit of backlash from users. Do you guys like the idea or will you simply opt out?

When you or a friend upload new photos, we use face recognition software—similar to that found in many photo editing tools—to match your new photos to other photos you're tagged in. We group similar photos together and, whenever possible, suggest the name of the friend in the photos.
 
Not a facebooker myself, but something like that should really be an opt-in only event. Not everyone wants their grandmother to see the photo of them doing a kegstand. There should also be the ability to prevent yourself from being tagged in photos in the first place, not just removing them after the fact. If Facebook were really honest in their efforts to promote privacy, that would be there.
 
Glad I've never uploaded a single photo of my face onto Facebook.

Try and get me now Zuckerberg.
 
I'm surprised they haven't done this sooner. My camera from 6 years ago has it - how hard can it be for FB to do it.

I doubt it'll change much, as other people can tag you already - now that other 'person' is actually an app doing it.

I can't wait for someone to find fault with it - like the Best Buy video with the "racist" HP laptop
 
So does that mean anyone who has pictures of Daffy or Donald duck on their page is going to get linked up with all those teenage girls who purse their lips out thinking it looks hot?
 
Glad I've never uploaded a single photo of my face onto Facebook.

Try and get me now Zuckerberg.
Well its not really yourself you should be worried about. It's your friends. They might.

I'm surprised they haven't done this sooner. My camera from 6 years ago has it - how hard can it be for FB to do it.

I doubt it'll change much, as other people can tag you already - now that other 'person' is actually an app doing it.

I can't wait for someone to find fault with it - like the Best Buy video with the "racist" HP laptop
haha true that. I do hope its an opt-in feature that is opted out by default. I would hate to be automatically tagged. I have enough problems with people tagging me in their picture just so I can look at them.

So does that mean anyone who has pictures of Daffy or Donald duck on their page is going to get linked up with all those teenage girls who purse their lips out thinking it looks hot?
Haha that would be hilarious if that side effect was real. I hope someone posts it on the internets if it does happen. =)
 
I was hoping it was a new way to log in like one of those bioscanners you see in the movies. Then again, anyone could just grab a photo off my facebook page, print it out and access my profile...
 
As long as it's only looking for MY face in MY pictures, this is fine. The day this "feature" starts auto-tagging everyone in every picture that gets uploaded to shitbook, is the day I start wearing a ski-mask to parties and events.
 
Take picture of random internet skank showing her goods and upload her photo to facebook

find her name

profit?

won't work like that but someone might figure out how to make it happen!
 
Back
Top