Fable III PC $12.49

If it were any other service than GFWL I would have picked this up.

The backup system is horrendous, plus I just hate GFWL.

For 12.49$ it is at a good price. I paid about 25$ for it and want half of my money back.

fuck GFWL, if I wanted to play on suckbox i would play it on suckbox, GFWL isnt touching my PC

I would have bought this.

If they had released Fable 2 for PC first. I'm not going sequel jumping.

Even if this was steam it wouldn't matter. This is one of those games that you have to use GFWL no matter what. I bought this for my wife through steam, steam opens up GFWL and you have to log in.

I played it on the 360 and had fun. I picked it up on the PC to play some co-op with friends. I'd say that it is well worth the price and the GFWL doesn't bother me at all. If the GFWL is keeping you from buying it, I don't think that you would have purchased it anyway since you still have to use GFWL through steam IIRC.

I played it on the 360 and had fun. I picked it up on the PC to play some co-op with friends. I'd say that it is well worth the price and the GFWL doesn't bother me at all. If the GFWL is keeping you from buying it, I don't think that you would have purchased it anyway since you still have to use GFWL through steam IIRC.

this^^^

the game was very fun and definitely worth the $50+ i spent on steam on it.

I would have bought this.

If they had released Fable 2 for PC first. I'm not going sequel jumping.

They're not related by story. Just a bit of the lore, which you could get from the first game on PC.

If it were any other service than GFWL I would have picked this up.

The backup system is horrendous, plus I just hate GFWL.

I love the backup system called "physical media."

Screw steam, screw gfwl, screw, the iCloud.

Good price, thanks OP. Though I won't pick it up.

Side note:
Fable 2 disappointed me. I threw up in my mouth when they said Fable 3 was simplified even further.

So much potential for this series. Definitely not my bag of tea.

After playing some of the recent RPGs Fable 3 is even more a chore to play and finish. I am having a very hard time trying to convince myself that gamerscore from this game is worth the trouble lol.

Seriously, I have played quite a few RPGs this year and Fable 3 is worst of them all thus far. I think I will move on to FONV or Risen before I think about Fable 3 again.

After playing some of the recent RPGs Fable 3 is even more a chore to play and finish. I am having a very hard time trying to convince myself that gamerscore from this game is worth the trouble lol.

Seriously, I have played quite a few RPGs this year and Fable 3 is worst of them all thus far. I think I will move on to FONV or Risen before I think about Fable 3 again.

Gamerscore?

Gamerscore?

It's like the XBOX Live achievement point thing that goes with your profile. You either don't see the point, or you get addicted to it and want to accumulate as many points as possible, even if it means playing crappy games.

gf and I bit.

gfwl doesn't bother me, not sure why it rubs people so badly.

at 12.50 i'm in for coop and if nothing else I want to pump hard numbers of PC sales, just like with dead rising 2... don't give a crap about the game but i bought it because there was a PC release.

I like GFWL.:D

SSFIV2011-09-0217-13-31-32.jpg

This game is Bad ass. I enjoyed the game play from beginning to end. story line is good , Graphics are decently good on ultra. GFWL isn't a big deal honestly , all you do is sign in then kick some ass. Overall i rate this game a 7/10.

I actually like GFWL games. I know lots of guys on here hate console gaming, but I love it, and I look at my computer as just a really powerful game console.

Love playing GFWL games on the big screen with a wireless xbox controller, 7.1 surround, actual 1080p. Pretty enjoyable.

Native 360 controller support is the really the big feature I like from GFWL.. and achievements. Haha

Its not the GFWL in game (which I also hate) that is the problem its GFWL as a digital distribution service. You can not back up your games. So if you reinstall your os for any reason you have to redownload your games. They only guarantee that you'll be able to redownload your games for like a year and their download speeds seem to be awful with your older downloads. I had one that just refused to finish the download.

I will never buy a single thing from GFWL again.

Yeah the lack of a in client backup thing sucks on GFWL but you can do it yourself though it's not really nice. Just open your settings in the GFW settings. Now look at the Download Management section. You'll see a directory there listed. If you backup that directory that is where all your game downloads will be. It is not listed in there nicely just a bunch of split up .cab files. But each is a unique 40 digit hexadecimal number followed by a "_#.cab". If you copy those files elsewhere then you can install to your new PC easily. Just install GFWL login with the same ID, look at the Settings->Download Management directory name, copy the files from your backup to that directory and all your games should be able to be reinstalled without having to redownload them from GFWL.

As far as Fable 3 goes, I do want to play it and it is tempting at this price, but I am pretty sure I will pass on it for now. With Dead Island coming out on Tuesday that is already preloaded, I just won't have time to play it. I still have a gigantic backlog so I will just wait for a "complete" edition or something that includes all the DLC before I buy it for about the same price :).

Yeah the lack of a in client backup thing sucks on GFWL but you can do it yourself though it's not really nice. Just open your settings in the GFW settings. Now look at the Download Management section. You'll see a directory there listed. If you backup that directory that is where all your game downloads will be. It is not listed in there nicely just a bunch of split up .cab files. But each is a unique 40 digit hexadecimal number followed by a "_#.cab". If you copy those files elsewhere then you can install to your new PC easily. Just install GFWL login with the same ID, look at the Settings->Download Management directory name, copy the files from your backup to that directory and all your games should be able to be reinstalled without having to redownload them from GFWL.

Yeah, for some reason I wasn't able to get that to work for me the last time that I tried to install GFWL.

Yeah, for some reason I wasn't able to get that to work for me the last time that I tried to install GFWL.

Did you try just unzipping the cab files and try reinstalling them manually outside of GFWL? All the cab files can be extracted with 7Zip or WinRAR. I opened the 2 GFWL I bought and one had a setup file inside and the other a .msi file that should install the game.

Back