Fable (2025)

I hope I can buy all the plots and rent them at max amount until money means nothing and then set rent at min like I did in Fable 2. It also was funny when my main wife found out about my side wife when I went to sacrifice the side wife for the evil stuff.

I hope I can buy all the plots and rent them at max amount until money means nothing and then set rent at min like I did in Fable 2. It also was funny when my main wife found out about my side wife when I went to sacrifice the side wife for the evil stuff.
That was for sure one of the most hilarious parts of that game where you could buy up property, rent it back to the owner, and they'd love you for it.

Fable was great, having a silly fantasy setting instead of the usual "A dark horror is threatning to destroy the world because reasons, and only YOU can save mankind!" will be like a breath of fresh air.
Only hope they don't mess it up.

Fable was great, having a silly fantasy setting instead of the usual "A dark horror is threatning to destroy the world because reasons, and only YOU can save mankind!" will be like a breath of fresh air.
Only hope they don't mess it up.
The original game was both those things at the same time, though. Fable 2 leaned more into the humor and silliness than the first game did.

The original game was both those things at the same time, though. Fable 2 leaned more into the humor and silliness than the first game did.
Maybe. I honestly can't remember much, if anything, story wise from these games, only that I enjoyed the first two very much. Never got around to play the third one, even if I do have it.

Maybe. I honestly can't remember much, if anything, story wise from these games, only that I enjoyed the first two very much. Never got around to play the third one, even if I do have it.
The stories are very forgettable. I'm not sure if they are supposed to be, or if Molyneux is just shit at writing good stories but they are extremely generic and forgettable. Heck in the first game you literally go to a generic "hero academy". As Yhatzee said in his hilarious review your backstory comes from "The totally unoriginal guide to Hero motivation. Extra generic edition."

Not saying they were awful games, I'd call them average, just that you didn't play them for story.

The stories are very forgettable. I'm not sure if they are supposed to be, or if Molyneux is just shit at writing good stories but they are extremely generic and forgettable. Heck in the first game you literally go to a generic "hero academy". As Yhatzee said in his hilarious review your backstory comes from "The totally unoriginal guide to Hero motivation. Extra generic edition."

Not saying they were awful games, I'd call them average, just that you didn't play them for story.
But I don't think it was meant to be taken seriously, I thought of it as a parody on all the old childrens fairytales with all the tropes and a bit of humour thrown in. And there's not many genres more generic than the fantasy genre.

But I don't think it was meant to be taken seriously, I thought of it as a parody on all the old childrens fairytales with all the tropes and a bit of humour thrown in. And there's not many genres more generic than the fantasy genre.
I've never been quite sure. I mean it feels that way... but then it takes itself overly serious at times, and there's all the shit that Molyneux blathered about it being this living world that would change with time and your character and how much your choices mattered. Either way it is a totally forgettable story, which is fine, there have been plenty of fun games with totally forgettable (or flat out no) stories.

I've never been quite sure. I mean it feels that way... but then it takes itself overly serious at times, and there's all the shit that Molyneux blathered about it being this living world that would change with time and your character and how much your choices mattered. Either way it is a totally forgettable story, which is fine, there have been plenty of fun games with totally forgettable (or flat out no) stories.
Yeah, I can't remember much about these games and the story around them, other than that I enjoyed them both.

Fables aren’t fairytales.

Back