• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

F2P Game Warframe is Getting Open World Update

monkeymagick

[H]News
Joined
Jun 22, 2008
Messages
480
Released 4 years ago, the free-to-play third-person shooter Warframe is getting a sizeable update called Plains of Eidolon. PC Gamer has details and an interview with the developer Digital Extremes. Instead of the normal procedurally generated zones, the team has hand-crafted an open world area for the game called Landscapes with a continuous day and night cycle. These new zones will support up to 50 players making it more like an MMORPG. Other plans are to include a brand new weapon crafting system. The update looks rad, I'm tempted to reinstall and startup a game if I can remember my login info.

Check out the gameplay video.

Now, we're introducing Landscapes for the first time and in its first iteration in Warframe. Landscapes is what we call an open zone, not quite the size of what you'd expect of open world in other games but still sizable, that offers a new kind of player freedom through interaction with NPC characters, flying over the plains using your Archwing, encountering new enemies during the day and at night. It's our first introduction of this new mechanic so we're nervous but really excited to see how players react and will continue to build on it as it grows.
 
With well into like 3000 (or more) hours into the game I had to quit for many years, just the same old same old (To me) after awhile even if it was fresh for so many others I knew. I had just sunk so much time into it that I needed something very out in left field to bring me back, massive rework of gunplay, polished PvP or something. This, this qualifies, will CERTAINLY play this.
 
I really enjoyed Warframe and sunk 642 hours into it according to Steam. When I stopped playing it felt like there was nothing left to do but after 642 hours I'm not bitching. Wouldn't mind going back but my backlog of games is just too deep.
 
The game is fun, the mechanics feel smooth, fast paced and the combat is fluid. That being said, FUCK THE GRIND. On top of the .001% drop rates, there's a god damn crafting time so it takes 1 week to make a full set of armor or 3-4 days for a gun. Honestly, what is the point of the time lock? I already farmed the item for 3 weeks, let me use it now!
 
With well into like 3000 (or more) hours into the game I had to quit for many years, just the same old same old (To me) after awhile even if it was fresh for so many others I knew. I had just sunk so much time into it that I needed something very out in left field to bring me back, massive rework of gunplay, polished PvP or something. This, this qualifies, will CERTAINLY play this.

I'm going back in as well, see you there!
 
I go back to warframe every now and then. Its a good game run by a great team. I love their dev streams and that they listen to players, work with community artists to get their work in the game via steam workshop and stuff.
 
I have played Warframe extensively, but I have never really liked the Archwing portion of it, especially some of the missions where it is impossibly hard to get a good enough team or any team at all for that matter for some of the story-line quests.

Oh yeah, I am going to be able to defend 4 places against a huge amount of enemies with just me or if I am lucky, 1 other person.

That being said, this sounds like an awesome addition
 
Finally got around to trying this for the first time today.

I ended up playing for almost 3 hours straight!

(for an ADD-type like me, that speaks VOLUMES)

If anyone else plays, hit me up: "LordQuas83"
 
Back
Top