F@H & VNC dont play nice?

FLECOM

Modder(ator) & [H]ardest Folder Evar
Staff member
2FA
Joined
Jun 27, 2001
Messages
15,832
I installed RealVNC for one of my headless folders and when I connect to it I just get a black screen... anyone else run into this issue? googleing it brings up people with similar issues but no fixes :(
 
I've never used RealVNC but have been using TightVNC off and on for a couple years with no issues on my headless folders.
 
I used UltraVNC for quite a while with no issues (other than VNC is painfully slow, but that is a different topic...)
 
I've been using RealVNC to remote control all my PCs. Have NOT had such issue.
 
Remote Desktop seems to work fine for remoting in to my Win7 Ultimate box with FAH GPU Tracker running, but if a WU finishes before I am logged back onto the physical machine it will fail to start.
 
I installed RealVNC for one of my headless folders and when I connect to it I just get a black screen... anyone else run into this issue? googleing it brings up people with similar issues but no fixes :(


i highly recommend logmein, plus ITS FREE! and it doesnt fuck up the video drivers which is causing all the issues with F@H.
 
Remote Desktop seems to work fine for remoting in to my Win7 Ultimate box with FAH GPU Tracker running, but if a WU finishes before I am logged back onto the physical machine it will fail to start.

I assume you are GPU folding on this box, which would explain your issue. RDC uses its own video driver, which breaks the GPU client when it tries to start a new unit. If you are going to use the GPU client, you should use something like VNC or logmein to remote monitor.
 
i highly recommend logmein, plus ITS FREE! and it doesnt fuck up the video drivers which is causing all the issues with F@H.

ya but its sooooooo slow

I use logmein but it would be nice to use something local when I am sitting on the same subnet... oh well...

I really wish I could use RDP but it seems the RDP driver blows up F@H
 
yeah, the whole RDP + GPU folding issue really really sucks.

So, my solution is, RDP into a box that doesn't have a GPU. If I can't fix the issue from there, I just wait till I can sit at the box.

It sucks, but it's life.
 
ya but its sooooooo slow

I use logmein but it would be nice to use something local when I am sitting on the same subnet... oh well...

I really wish I could use RDP but it seems the RDP driver blows up F@H


its because RDP uses its own generic display drivers so it that it doesnt cause a possible conflict with the other system. thus F@H see's that new generic display driver and says "fuck you generic display drivers, im turning off" :D

as far as logmein, i never had a problem sat there working on CCity's system for almost 6 hours straight on a piece of crap wireless connection without any issues.
 
The latest version of TightVNC works really well (from what I have read). I haven't had a chance to install on any of my boxen as yet.

With that being said, I always use logmein.com. It is slow, but gets the job done.
 
hrmm, I might try that... I was trying RealVNC and got that black screen issue...
 
I use TightVNC 2.0beta3 on all my rigs and it works perfectly. You should give that a shot.
 
I've used tight VNC on and off for about 10 years, love it.
 
I've used TightVNC for a long time, then switched to Ultra VNC because I had issues on some of my Win 7 boxen that were running VMware. If there's a new version of TightVNC, I'll check it out. One thing I notice about speed and VNC, it varies immensely from system to system. With some systems it's almost instant while other systems have a huge delay. I don't know if it's the NIC drivers or the hardware or what.
 
Back
Top