F@H Client V7 - Discussion Thread Part 2

EngrChris

Gawd
New client v7 version is available. I wanted to start a new thread.
Some changes were made.
https://fah-web.stanford.edu/projects/FAHClient/wiki/BetaRelease

Change log, http://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=19648
v7.1.33:

• Set default 'gpu-usage' to 100%, until GPU cores implement better throttle.
  • Fixed client connection rate limiting.
  • Fixed error reporting for bad slot configuration. #582.
  • Attempt to fix EUE reporting for WSv4. #615.
  • Fixed "Wrong architecture" bug on 32-bit Ubunut. #599.
  • Dropped "64-bit" Windows release. Use 32-bit on all systems.

Last edited:
The Slot window has received several changes.

newbetafah.jpg

For ATI/AMD cards, to run OpenCL units, "client-type/Advanced" is still required. I'm not sure if setting the opencl-index will work.
For those who wished for different logging options, your wish has not been granted yet.

Dropped 64 bit.......what's up with that

Seriously, I want to know WTF is up with that because it isn't like 64bit Windows have just been released just now. We've had 64bit versions since XP, and they have had more than enough time.

but have they fixed the jumblefucked logs?

when they fix that, make it as easy to set up as v6 and make the logs parseable by things like HFM.net, I'll consider trying v7. Until they do, I'll stay with v6.

OTOH they'll eventually not bother fixing anything on that list (like they've done time and time again) and screw us by fazing out v6 support, which will result in me shifting over to v7.

but have they fixed the jumblefucked logs?

when they fix that, make it as easy to set up as v6 and make the logs parseable by things like HFM.net, I'll consider trying v7. Until they do, I'll stay with v6.

OTOH they'll eventually not bother fixing anything on that list (like they've done time and time again) and screw us by fazing out v6 support, which will result in me shifting over to v7.

unless they split the logs for every client, it ain't going to happen. given the fact its taken this long to even get the v7 client not to mention openCL, expect another 3 years before the logs are fixed as well.

unless they split the logs for every client, it ain't going to happen. given the fact its taken this long to even get the v7 client not to mention openCL, expect another 3 years before the logs are fixed as well.

This was the one of the most annoying things about V7 when I first tried it. I was folding CPU and 2 GPUs at the time and reading log was awful.

Considering how CUDA and OpenCL exists side-by-side on the client now. A common GPU core for both brands will never happen. I doubt we will see more OpenCL units, not in 6 months.

Back