F.e.a.r = L.a.m.e

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Montana

[H]ard|Gawd
Just played FEAR and i only got alittle bit into the game and i uninstalled it and sold it to my friend because its so freaken lame! I thought quake 4 was lame but this is so stupid atleast quake 4 had good graphics and atmsphere!

If you only got a little into the game then how can you accurately judge it? F.E.A.R. is getting pretty good ratings from gamers and sites who have actually played it all the way through.

i agree it is really overrated and it's overall repetitive, but you need a reality check to complain about the graphics......

"repetitive" the key word. Quake 4 is repetitive but is has good graphics and its a good quality game but repetitive and boring after a while "kane you need to do this." "kane you need to turn this one' "kane you need to shut this off" "kane you need to rondayvu with billy jean" its just boring after a while, not to mention its pretty much the same crap as doom 3.

My solution: stop playing cookie-cutter FPS titles. If you stop buying, they may actually put some thought into them. Repetitive != good game, good graphics != good game either.

steviep said:
My solution: stop playing cookie-cutter FPS titles. If you stop buying, they may actually put some thought into them. Repetitive != good game, good graphics != good game either.
steve........what was the last non nintendo game you bought,just out of curiosity

FEAR is boring if you cheat.

If you actually play it on the hardest difficulty, each fight becomes more exciting. Plus the sheer viceral feeling from the combat as well as the A.I. makes it fun.

Quake 4 on the otherhand didn't have that feeling with the combat, plus the strogg where really dumb. THATS boring.

Plus also in FEAR there is stuff to look at if you explore, find the laptops, TPS reports :)

I really can not see all the hype and good reviews about FEAR...seriously, this is one of the most boring games ive ever played. First off, the weapon models BLOW and so do the weapon sounds. Its like they tought a 10 year old how to model in 3dmax in one day and just let him do all the models. Its hilarious.

Not to mention, every level is the same. Its all warehouses and offices....it gets so goddamn boring.

FEAR blows. But ohhh....watch out!! IT has bullet time!! OMG!!! IT MUST BE A 11/10 IF IT HAS BULLET TIME!

I played the fear demo for about 10 minutes. I played the quake 4 demo for about 1 minute.

If I had to choose, I'd choose fear.....

why do people make a thread they know will have negative responses, and then press F5 repeatedly till they get one?
:confused:

Of course the levels are all the same. You ARE in an office building; where do you work? Is each and every hallway different? Is one hallway a jungle theme where the next is an airport theme? I doubt it. It's an office, it's got one theme.

Of course the character models are the same. They are soldiers. Soldiers wear the same uniforms. Soldiers are all trained the same way. Soldiers carry the same weapons. I don't see the soldiers over in Iraq wearing different uniforms. One guy doesn't have a desert uniform on while the guy next to him has on a jungle uniform and the guy next to him has a snow uniform on. They are fighting int he desert, therefore they all wear the desert uniform. The characters in F.E.A.R. arr fighting in an office complex, an urban setting, so they are wearing an urban camo uniform. So, yup, they are the same.

Your gripe on weapons models is false. The game looks great. I haven't beaten the game yet. In fact I was on Interval 7 when I reformatted my Rig and I haven't had a chance to reinstall it yet cause I've been playing Quake 4 but I thought the game was well done. The ambience was phenominal, the weapon models were great, the sounds were awesome.

I think youa re either playing on a rig that can't handle the insane demand of the game or you went in with a biased opinion with the intent on making waves on the forums. Especially since you only got a "little bit of the way into the game" before you decided to flame it. You had already hated the game before playing it. I say, give it another try. Play it for more than one or two levels.....like try beating the game then come back here and give an honest opinion of the game.

I've never played HL2. But I think the game looks great and it looks like an awesome game. I won't play it because I don't like VALVe. But I'd never say the game sucks because I've never played it.

=( its depressing how many people are dogging on games. I've never played fear, but I want to. I am an avid quake fan, all the way back. I cut my teeth on them. To say the least I bought and played quake 4 all the way through before I made a decision on it. The multiplayer to me isn't nearly as good as the ones in the past were, and it doesn't have a very quake feel. It annoys me to no end, but it doesn't suck as bad as people would like to say. The SP doesn't suck either, the AI is designed to be that dumb on purpose. Its quake :) run and gun.. I personally loved the SP.

Fear to me ran like crap, the demo at least. I have seen the game for 39. at walmart for the non dvd version. I think I will pick it up. Unlike most people I play all the way through a game before I buy another one. How can you call yourself a gamer if you don't give a game a good chance. Playing 10 new games all at once ruins to story lines and frusterates my aim.. for fps games at least.

You're entitled to your opinion. I'm not a big fan of FPS's, but I do like a few. Far Cry was one of them. A lot of people don't like that game.

I like RTS's. AOE, Rise of Nations.... A Lot of people hate those. I play FS2004. People don't like that.

A lot of people DO like FEAR. I haven't played it yet, but I will.

Graphics aren't anything, just ask any Nintendo fan (oooooooooo, sorry StevieP, I was just joking!)...

But, judging from what I've seen from FEAR so far, the graphics aren't really the low spot of this game! This looks like a post to piss people off, and just to get a flame going. Not very informative. What did you like about the game? If it's nothing, choose another genre. It sounds like you don't like FPS's very well.

Slartibartfast said:
First Encounter Assault Recon = Lava Avoiding Men Everywhere??
More like First Encounter Assault Recon = Lackluster Amusement Masking as Entertainemnt
Netrat33 said:
yeaaaaaah...Another whiny thread!
TThat may be, but there seems to be a trend here recdently, I'd say a good percentage of gamers here aren't satisfied with the offerrings of late. The larger the percentage of dissatisfied consumers, the more likely something has to change.

I thought FEAR was mediocre at best as well.

I think FEAR is one of the best games ever made. Graphics are amazing and are only surpassed by the sound. Best of any game.

Story is great. Something new and refreshing compared to most FPS games.

I don't ever finish a game. I have played a ton over the years and it's pretty rare for me to actually complete a game. But I just finished FEAR and loved every minute of it.

Tony Montana said:
Just played FEAR and i only got alittle bit into the game and i uninstalled it and sold it to my friend because its so freaken lame! I thought quake 4 was lame but this is so stupid atleast quake 4 had good graphics and atmsphere!

At least play to interval 6 to get the feel of the whole game. And get a good rig, FEAR > Q4 for graphics (I've played both to the end).

Moose777 said:
Of course the levels are all the same. You ARE in an office building; where do you work? Is each and every hallway different? Is one hallway a jungle theme where the next is an airport theme? I doubt it. It's an office, it's got one theme.

Of course the character models are the same. They are soldiers. Soldiers wear the same uniforms. Soldiers are all trained the same way. Soldiers carry the same weapons. I don't see the soldiers over in Iraq wearing different uniforms. One guy doesn't have a desert uniform on while the guy next to him has on a jungle uniform and the guy next to him has a snow uniform on. They are fighting int he desert, therefore they all wear the desert uniform. The characters in F.E.A.R. arr fighting in an office complex, an urban setting, so they are wearing an urban camo uniform. So, yup, they are the same.

Your gripe on weapons models is false. The game looks great. I haven't beaten the game yet. In fact I was on Interval 7 when I reformatted my Rig and I haven't had a chance to reinstall it yet cause I've been playing Quake 4 but I thought the game was well done. The ambience was phenominal, the weapon models were great, the sounds were awesome.

I think youa re either playing on a rig that can't handle the insane demand of the game or you went in with a biased opinion with the intent on making waves on the forums. Especially since you only got a "little bit of the way into the game" before you decided to flame it. You had already hated the game before playing it. I say, give it another try. Play it for more than one or two levels.....like try beating the game then come back here and give an honest opinion of the game.

I've never played HL2. But I think the game looks great and it looks like an awesome game. I won't play it because I don't like VALVe. But I'd never say the game sucks because I've never played it.

QFMFT. Oh, and play HL2. Do it. Don't care if you hate valve. Do it. You'll regret it otherwise.

Archer75 said:
I think FEAR is one of the best games ever made. Graphics are amazing and are only surpassed by the sound. Best of any game.

I don't ever finish a game. I have played a ton over the years and it's pretty rare for me to actually complete a game. But I just finished FEAR and loved every minute of it.
Yup, FEAR was a very enjoyable game. I hadn't enjoyed a FPS since HL2. D3, Q4 and FC were all physically painful to force myself to beat.

By some of your responses I guess people are only suppose to post "I love this game" threads. :rolleyes:

If the guy didn't like the game whats the big deal, why shouldn't he be allowed to post about it?

I didn't like the:
Fear Demo
Far Cry Demo
Serious Sam II Demo

So needless to say I don't own any of those games.

Puterguru said:
By some of your responses I guess people are only suppose to post "I love this game" threads. :rolleyes:

If the guy didn't like the game whats the big deal, why shouldn't he be allowed to post about it?

I didn't like the:
Fear Demo
Far Cry Demo
Serious Sam II Demo

So needless to say I don't own any of those games.
The guy is allowed to post but if he doesn't backup his opinions with evidence then we are allowed to shred his flimsy opinion.

agent420 said:
More like First Encounter Assault Recon = Lackluster Amusement Masking as Entertainemnt
TThat may be, but there seems to be a trend here recdently, I'd say a good percentage of gamers here aren't satisfied with the offerrings of late. The larger the percentage of dissatisfied consumers, the more likely something has to change.

I thought FEAR was mediocre at best as well.

People bitch and whine though about EVERY game because there isn't a perfect game
Mention Final Fantasy 7. People LOVE it...still get others saying it was crap
ANY game of the year game gets that. It just seems like...why tell the world you hate it?

biggles said:
The guy is allowed to post but if he doesn't backup his opinions with evidence then we are allowed to shred his flimsy opinion.

Bingo!
At least give a good argument why you hate it.

This sucks and that sucks! ...so what?
Why does it suck? Cuz it sucks! :rolleyes:

yes you think fear sucks, i think hl2 doom3 far cry sucks. we all think something sucks.

Xeero said:
yes you think fear sucks, i think hl2 doom3 far cry sucks. we all think something sucks.

Im with stupid. (playing)

I loved FEAR.
HL2 was decent, but not earth shattering.
Doom3? Doom3 was like calling up for a $1000/hr hooker and having Rosie ODonnel show up at the door.

Steel Chicken said:
Im with stupid. (playing)
Doom3? Doom3 was like calling up for a $1000/hr hooker and having Rosie ODonnel show up at the door.

Ok. Good analogy. Fuckin nasty image. Thanks for that.

Ballz2TheWallz said:
steve........what was the last non nintendo game you bought,just out of curiosity

Last 3 games that I bought, period: We Love Katamari, Civ IV, The Movies. Why?

lopoetve said:
At least play to interval 6 to get the feel of the whole game. And get a good rig, FEAR > Q4 for graphics (I've played both to the end).

I think it is required to be at least at the beginning of interval 9, Urban Decay (interval 8) was probably (for me) the most intense portion of the whole game.

steel chicken said:

So true, but I think that the game was worth the money I paid for it.

yes this thread did exactly what i wanted, it attracted bad comments towards FEAR its a boring gaming the AI is so stupid and says the conryest things, also the textures are really lame and bland. I actually like Q4 muliplayer its fun i like the new rocket launcher.

Tony Montana said:
yes this thread did exactly what i wanted, it attracted bad comments towards FEAR its a boring gaming the AI is so stupid and says the conryest things, also the textures are really lame and bland. I actually like Q4 muliplayer its fun i like the new rocket launcher.

The ai is stupd? :confused:

Dude, did you play the game, or accidentally play Serious Sam and forget what you were doing?

Now, the environment textures were bland, in some places, but still... o_O

I just don't like action based shooters like Doom 3 or Quake 4. I used to but not anymore. I prefer the story driven shooters. If you think FEAR has bad textures then there is something wrong with your computer. I played Quake 4 right after finishing FEAR and the graphics in FEAR were much much better.
And the AI is the best of any shooter I have ever played.

Archer75 said:
And the AI is the best of any shooter I have ever played.
QFT

I ended up playing through quite a few sections multiple times because each time I did, the AI did something completely different. The way they ambush, set traps, have diversions is just amazing. It wasn't always great though, sometimes they would get stuck but for the most part you really had to keep on your toes when fighting them.

Archer75 said:

yup, i agree with this post, but i am not done with the game yet. some parts scare the shit out of me and i even screamed once. that girl is fucking wierd lol. like when the lights go off in that one room when you have to turn the elevators on and she's outside the window in the room your in just staring at you and then when you go out there she runs up to you lol, i pissed my pants. great game, one of the best for me.

lopoetve said:
The ai is stupd? :confused:

Dude, did you play the game, or accidentally play Serious Sam and forget what you were doing?

Now, the environment textures were bland, in some places, but still... o_O

most likely he played on the lowest settings judging by his sig. i play on medium and it's gorgeous. playing the game 10 minutes and un installing it sounds like...well nvm. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back