Eyefinity question/rant

if you have convinced yourself that 3 cheap LCD's optimizes your gaming experience then more power to you
Yea, i don't think it's optimal to spend 4x the money on IPS panels. I think you're fishing for people to agree with you and can't stand the fact that some people don't.

Ditto, 3xU2410's looks like an essential minimum for me coming from a 3007WFP-HC if I make the switch. :(

Same here. Though I was considering the Dell P2310H. Besides it being a TN... Pro: DisplayPort / Con: 1080p (would prefer 1200p).

I guess all of us with 3 TN panels ( that are loving it ) are in a lower standard than polonyc2. We will never be as cool as him because hes right ( in his little world ) and were all wrong !

Same here. Though I was considering the Dell P2310H. Besides it being a TN... Pro: DisplayPort / Con: 1080p (would prefer 1200p).

I bought three of them for eyefinity to keep costs down knowing they would provide an excellent experience still, and I love them. Especially since I got all three for $550 with a coupon. Then again I don't attach my self worth to these LCD's so that's probably why I have no problem with them.

I'm done trying to explain myself ...some people keep turning this into an issue which had nothing to do with my original post, such as TN vs IPS or Eyefinity bashing...I guess my definition of 'gaming' is different then a lot of people here...image quality is a very big deal to me...games in and of itself is a visual medium...your eyes process the images on your screen...you spend all your time looking at your display...

Your definition of gaming is different then a lot of people here. I don't think that anyone disagree that better visuals (better screen, more AA and other eyecandy) is a bad thing. But, for many gamers its not the amount of eyecandy that define the game, but the gameplay itself. 3 screens gives a higher resolution, but instead of having higher resolution objects in the game (eyecandy) it gives 3X the amount of game content (gameplay).

Eyefinity purpose is to add to the gameplay and many value that over eyecandy.

can I play older games using EF?
Yes. There is a lot of older games that supports or can be made to support Eyefinity. Here is Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time on Eyefinity:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZNgyPbga3g

Your definition of gaming is different then a lot of people here. I don't think that anyone disagree that better visuals (better screen, more AA and other eyecandy) is a bad thing. But, for many gamers its not the amount of eyecandy that define the game, but the gameplay itself. 3 screens gives a higher resolution, but instead of having higher resolution objects in the game (eyecandy) it gives 3X the amount of game content (gameplay).

Yes. There is a lot of older games that supports or can be made to support Eyefinity. Here is Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time on Eyefinity:

And I thought I was being nostalgic trying Doom 3 in Eyefinity...Legend of Zelda/OoT- that ROCKS! :cool:

And I thought I was being nostalgic trying Doom 3 in Eyefinity...Legend of Zelda/OoT- that ROCKS! :cool:

LOL! I got suprised when I saw that too on the forum! :D

You can get Doom 3 to work in Eyefinity, but it require some fixing. Here's how:

Initial setup (use surround res instead):
http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=367

Aspect ratio fix:
http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6156&highlight=aspect

Not perfect, but close enough to make it nice.

Edit:
@polonyc2:
Here is 3X TN screens in Eyefinity (Samsung 2443BWT):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFTPcB_WuCg
Looks sweet to me.

Last edited:

You can get Doom 3 to work in Eyefinity, but it require some fixing. Here's how:

Aspect ratio fix:
http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6156&highlight=aspect

Edit:
@polonyc2:
Looks sweet to me.

Cool thanks!

I knew about the console fixes, but never saw the dll patches. No matter what I did, it always launched in a weird window, about 1/3 size of screen. I 'll give that new fix a go! (there is something satisyfing about booting up these old games , and maxing em out, having to enable vsync because they are flying by at 200fps! :D )

Cool thanks!

I knew about the console fixes, but never saw the dll patches. No matter what I did, it always launched in a weird window, about 1/3 size of screen. I 'll give that new fix a go! (there is something satisyfing about booting up these old games , and maxing em out, having to enable vsync because they are flying by at 200fps! :D )

Hehehe... Its fun to see old games struggled with earlier run fast and without any effort. :cool:

I also love it when you get new content in old games. I think thats something Eyefinity (and surround gaming) do. Breed new life into old games. Diablo 2 is a good example. Its pixel based, so just increasing the resolution will give you more game content as with eyefinity. Here's diablo 2 in 2560x1600 (with multires hack):
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/3567/68518668.jpg

I can kind of see where the OP was coming from, even if it was kind of elitist.

I'm a little bit of a hypocrite though. I definitely think TN panels are great for gaming, hell in a large ratio of games you probably won't even notice a difference.

If I was doing a tri-monitor eyefinity setup (and since I'm not loaded) I would definitely be purchasing TN panels. And I must say that eyefinity definitely seems tempting, it''ll be very tempting to experience it at my desk sometime in the future.

That said, I'm not SURE if I could go back to a TN panel myself for gaming. The issue for me is banding; it's a crutch of mine I guess, but I used to be so disspointed in games on a tn to look out at something like a fog in a valley or a sunrise/sunset and have it ruined by banding.

But then, I'm more of a casual gamer who likes to take my time and take in the scenery, so it's my own fault really. :D

OMG Ocarina of time on Eyefinity!! Gaming bliss!!

I can understand wanting to get the best quality displays you can for Eyefinity. But if you can't afford to do it, then what's the point?
I really enjoy my 23" NECs. They are not as elite as the 2490Wuxi which I agree is a gorgeous screen, but you can get 3 of them for the price of one Wuxi 24 incher.

Hehehe... Its fun to see old games struggled with earlier run fast and without any effort. :cool:

I also love it when you get new content in old games. I think thats something Eyefinity (and surround gaming) do. Breed new life into old games. Diablo 2 is a good example. Its pixel based, so just increasing the resolution will give you more game content as with eyefinity. Here's diablo 2 in 2560x1600 (with multires hack):
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/3567/68518668.jpg

Curios...What OS are you using- my buddy couldn't get Diablo 2 to run in Windows 7. Patch?

Aspect ratio fix:

Edit:
@polonyc2:
Looks sweet to me.

Quake2 works with eyefinity also, using the KMquake2 mod. You just define a custom resolution (r_customwidth 5780, r_customheight 1080, r_mode -1). Make sure to get the version with the 0.20b3 hotfix2 as it fixes the FOV autoscale problem. Not that everyone likes quake2 that much.. but I still love this game..

EDIT: as for the topic at hand... I bought three inexpensive TN panels (auria eq236 uses samsung CMO M236H1-L01 V2.2 panel) and I extremely pleased with the setup... and this is coming from me using one 37" display.. I think I spent $524 total shipped on all three displays.. for comparison's sake, I bought the westy 3 years ago for 999... I bought my recently dead acer 24" 5 years ago for 499 (my gaming panel before the westy)... so it's not like I had to grab deep into my pockets to get into an eyefinity setup which I truly enjoy and will get a lot of use out of.

Last edited:
My eyefinity setup consists of:
1x Staples generic brand "V7" 22" TN panel
1x Dell 2209WA e-IPS
1x NEC 20WMGX2 as-IPS 20.6"

I agree that the IPS panels look far better than the TN panels. For games, it's harder to tell the difference. However, I use my computer for 50% gaming, so it's difficult. Unfortunately, I do not own a PVA panel, so I cannot relate to those. My primary LCD before the new setup was an Asus VW266H.

The picture quality on the TN panel is horrible compared to the other 2 screens. I often find myself dragging windows off that screen and onto the other 2. I would not suggest having mixed TN and IPS panels for eyefinity. I find that 1050 vertical resolution is quite annyoying and wish I had 1200 vertical.
The increased FOV is amazing. Especially for racing and FPS games. However, it can be quite the chore getting the FOV to work correctly for your favorite games. With 5040x1050 resolution, it feels like I'm looking through a pair of star-trek glasses that gives me no vertical viewing. This is taking some time getting used to the decreased number of vertical pixels.

I would not discourage those who are looking at 3xTN panels for Eyefinity. The Dell P2310 with native Displayport seems like a good choice and the fact that it's a TN panel would not be too horrible. The obvious better choice would be the NEC EA231wmi. But the price difference (*3) is the price of the video card. That is how I approached my purchase decision and why I went with 22" LCDs vs. the EA231wmi. If you think TN panels look good and can't afford another $100/screen for IPS or PVA panels, then that's fine. It still gives you the same level of immersion.

All this arguing about TN vs IPS is pretty silly. Just get your 3 screens hooked up and you'll be happy.
This is the most expensive video card I've purchased and it's great having the increased peripheral vision.

I never said Eyefinity sucks...all I said was that for me to 'upgrade' to Eyefinity it will have to be under the right circumstances...meaning 3 Dell U2410's minimum...if you have convinced yourself that 3 cheap LCD's optimizes your gaming experience then more power to you

Your initial post quickly devolved into a string of Eyefinity bashing. You couldn't understand why anyone would switch from one good screen to three lower end screens. You couldn't understand the appeal of Eyefinity because only "2%" of games work with it supposedly. C'mon man, it wasn't just about curiosity, you went right into arguing against the format. There are plenty of users that migrated from one stellar 30" LCD to three lesser 24" or 23". Why? If it's universally accepted that one uber screen provides better gaming experience than three lesser screens, why do this? Maybe, just maybe because Eyefinity provides a BETTER gaming experience than one large monitor. In my case, I'd never go back to my previous 40" monitor because it felt claustrophobic compared to my three smaller screens. You lose so much gameworld when reverting from Eyefinity to just one screen.

glad I somehow avoided the poo flinging contest:)

*flings poo*

(in a Nelson impression while pointing) HA-HA!

@polonyc2: You aren't fooling anyone with your claims that this thread has gone directions you didn't intend. You helped push it there, you cannot suddenly retract your statements and claim that they weren't what you meant.

Why? If it's universally accepted that one uber screen provides better gaming experience than three lesser screens, why do this?

that's the million dollar question...

but don't make it seem like Eyefinity is sweeping the nation and everyone is using it...we all know it's an extremely niche market (and most likely will always be)...1%?...probably less then that

You aren't fooling anyone with your claims that this thread has gone directions you didn't intend. You helped push it there, you cannot suddenly retract your statements and claim that they weren't what you meant.

nope...I was just responding to other people's posts...my original post stands as my main point...if you did read all my posts you would know that I said very early on that I would use Eyefinity but it had to be under the right circumstances (3 high end monitors)...people just got defensive about their TN monitors and their Eyefinity-Lite setups...it's human nature to rationalize something even if you don't quite believe it yourself...I can't help that

but don't make it seem like Eyefinity is sweeping the nation and everyone is using it...we all know it's an extremely niche market (and most likely will always be)...1%?...probably less then that

You know, the same arguments were used about widescreen gaming some years ago. ;)

Gaming on an IPS is a niche. Most have CRT's or TN's. Even a highend card is niche. So what?

Again, here is Eyefinity on TN:

Doesn't look bad to me.

Curios...What OS are you using- my buddy couldn't get Diablo 2 to run in Windows 7. Patch?

I use Vista 64, patch 1.12 with LOD expansion installed. :) He should try to run it in compatibility mode and tick the run in 256 colors checkbox there.

Gaming on an IPS is a niche

the people in this thread that are using a TN Eyefinity setup have admitted that it's not an ideal solution and is dictated by financial concerns alone...meaning that if money was taken out of the situation they would most definitely use an IPS or PVA Eyefinity setup

so aren't we all saying the same thing?...aren't the people arguing about TN pretty much agreeing with me?...for the best Eyefinity gaming experience one would choose IPS panels...the reason people don't is because IPS panels are significantly more expensive then TN panels

If it's universally accepted that one uber screen provides better gaming experience than three lesser screens, why do this? Maybe, just maybe because Eyefinity provides a BETTER gaming experience than one large monitor. In my case, I'd never go back to my previous 40" monitor because it felt claustrophobic compared to my three smaller screens. You lose so much gameworld when reverting from Eyefinity to just one screen.

let me put this another way...taking $$ out of the equation, would most people choose 1 large high end LCD that covers the same amount of real estate as an Eyefinity setup or still choose 3 separate Eyefinity screens?...answer is people would choose the single screen

take a look at these 2 curved screens and tell me they don't look a hell of a lot better then a 3 screen Eyefinity setup...

http://gizmodo.com/341413/alienware-curved-monitor-looks-like-its-from-another-planet

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/NEC-Monitor-43-Curved-Price,7984.html

so the answer to your question is that everything being equal most people would prefer a single screen setup...

bit of a strawman. those screens really aren't a realistic choice for mass market.

i accept that IPS is the best choice for eyefinity.
i don't accept that eyefinity isn't worth it unless you use IPS screens.

somewhere in between those two statements is an individual choice on whether you would prefer to spend:
> £800 on the new Dell 27" with its 2560x1440 IPS screen
> £630 on three Dell 24" TN screens at 1920x1080 a pop.

Last edited:
bit of a strawman. those screens really aren't a realistic choice for mass market.

i don't accept that eyefinity isn't worth it unless you use IPS screens.

somewhere in between those two statements is an individual choice on whether you would prefer to spend:
> £800 on the new Dell 27" with its 2560x1440 IPS screen
> £630 on three Dell 24" TN screens at 1920x1080 a pop.

My three NEC EA23WMi e-IPS displays were about £800 and have display port input. Great, affordable Eyefinity solution. Cheaper than most 30" options and preferable imo.

the people in this thread that are using a TN Eyefinity setup have admitted that it's not an ideal solution

Check your facts, you are wrong. I have the money to spend on IPS but saw it as pointless because I'm just gaming. I have three TN panels and I have absolutely no regrets because I spent all the money I would have spent on IPS panels elsewhere where it was more productive. People are admitting IPS panels are better in general which should be obvious to everyone. Saying IPS is best for eyefinity is purely an opinion. It's not the same thing and you are in fact being a technology snob, the kind of person that sees a video card win by 5 fps and thinks "They just blew them away hahahah the other video card SUCKS!" Get some perspective. You are literally trying to force your opinion on everyone.

the people in this thread that are using a TN Eyefinity setup have admitted that it's not an ideal solution and is dictated by financial concerns alone...meaning that if money was taken out of the situation they would most definitely use an IPS or PVA Eyefinity setup

so aren't we all saying the same thing?...aren't the people arguing about TN pretty much agreeing with me?...for the best Eyefinity gaming experience one would choose IPS panels...the reason people don't is because IPS panels are significantly more expensive then TN panels

Not really. It might be a newsflash for you, but there is not a single "one size fits all" scenario here. Some people actually prefer TN's(due to response time and refresh rate) over IPS and some prefer PVA (due to black depth) over IPS. Personally, I prefer IPS, but still I am looking at a PVA solution (MD230) due to narrow bezels and easy setup. I have the money for 3X IPS screens btw. And, I really hate the image shifts on PVA, so I am aware that this might be a gaming only rig.

let me put this another way...taking $$ out of the equation, would most people choose 1 large high end LCD that covers the same amount of real estate as an Eyefinity setup or still choose 3 separate Eyefinity screens?...answer is people would choose the single screen

People have gone from 30" single screen to 3X 24" without buyers remorse. Some have gone 3X 20".

take a look at these 2 curved screens and tell me they don't look a hell of a lot better then a 3 screen Eyefinity setup...

http://gizmodo.com/341413/alienware-curved-monitor-looks-like-its-from-another-planet

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/NEC-Monitor-43-Curved-Price,7984.html

so the answer to your question is that everything being equal most people would prefer a single screen setup...

Those are not single screen (its a multiscreen in single bezel) and the sweetness in those is the effect that people are looking for in Eyefinity. Its a bit small vertical height on those though.

They look even sweeter in an eyefinity setup:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S68CWBHBxZ4

Basically, your links are of a multimonitor setup. But, I would agree that I would prefer a single monitor setup with the same aspect ratio as a triplescreen setup, since the difference is less bezels. ;)

But, since you are showing those links, I have a feeling that you didn't understand what people are looking for with multimonitor setups. They want more game content and be surrounded by it, not more screens. Using 3 screens is a mean to acheive that goal. Did you really think that people prefer 3 screens, because of the number of screens and not the 3X game content?

lol.. if money was no option, I think we can all agree we'd have ridiculous setups.. but because it is a factor most of us will try and save a few bucks where we can.. doesn't mean the sacrifice is large at all.. I guess if I had my druthers I would have 3 IPS panels.. but honestly I don't think that would enhance my gaming experience beyond what it is now that much.. if any at all.. unless I really wanted to go into PPP mode and I am not interested in that. Honestly a better place to spend some dough is more GPU power for pushing this new large res...

Geez, that whole discussion about TN offering better response times and refresh rates over IPS or PVA just completely went over your head right? Dude, take those blinders off. You're soooo hung up on IPS's supposed superiority in all aspects that you just can't accept any arguments otherwise. Yes, IPS has better viewing angle, yes it has better color consistency, but no, it doesn't have better response times and less smearing than TN and as others have stated, it doesn't necessarily have better black levels than PVA panels.

Get off this IPS or nothing bandwagon already and stop this holier than thou attitude at anyone that believes otherwise. As it's been stated many times over, there are advantages and disadvantages to all three LCD techs. Yes, even TN can be superior in some areas to IPS and I'm not just talking price advantage here.

Oh, and the curved screens you're so fond of in those links? They're all DLP projection screens. It's gonna be a while till anyone forms glass LCD substrates with a curve like that. We're talking OLED for curved screens, otherwise you're stuck with DLP projection. And knowing how much you love IPS, I doubt you'll settle for DLP.

Without even touching an Eyefinity setup, you're making this statement. Umm.... ok. Never mind all the other Eyefinity users that switched from one large high quality monitor to three smaller monitors. Their opinions don't count since they actually use an Eyefinity rig as opposed to you that haven't even experienced one first hand, right? That makes sense.

Who said anything about Eyefinity sweeping the nation? How much penetration does SLI have? But we all talk about it, use it and enjoy it.

monitors)...people just got defensive about their TN monitors and their Eyefinity-Lite setups...it's human nature to rationalize something even if you don't quite believe it yourself...I can't help that

What a douche man. You just keep digging this hole for yourself. Besides, why even purchase a 24" NEC? Get yourself a proper 30" IPS display from Apple because we all know they make the very best IPS panels right? Until then, you're just a poser. :rolleyes:

Just setup my eyefinity this week

Setup:

3x Dell P2310H (after a months wait :mad: )

XFX HD5850 (looking into getting another one for Dirt 2 mainly :p )

So far i have mixed feelings

I love it, it is amazing and so much fun to play on

I hate it, I have to setup each game with widescreen fixer and even Dirt 2 is buggy

Over all I am very happy, and I figure soon all the bugs will get worked out of the system and everything will be seamless

Check your facts, you are wrong

um...I think the person that posted a few posts before you said it...so my facts are not wrong...take emotion out of the equation...further back in this thread another person wrote that TN panels are "good enough"...another fact

I would agree that I would prefer a single monitor setup with the same aspect ratio as a triplescreen setup, since the difference is less bezels. ;)

since you brought it up I'll further this discussion...the bezels are a HUGE deal...HUGE!!...the people that say that the bezels don't matter and how you get used to it after some time are lying or maybe in denial...my curved LCD example was to show how much better Eyefinity can be with the right monitor and features

bezels take away from the immersion...people may have accepted it but it doesn't mean that it doesn't matter...if someone cuts off my arm, yes I'll get used to it over time but it doesn't mean I stop noticing it or feel it matters any less...the bezels are part of revision 1.0 of Eyefinity...as with any new technology it takes time to mature...Blu Ray players went through the same thing...fused LCD's like in my links above or bezel free LCD's is what Eyefinity needs to be in order to be a viable asset (revision 2.0)

as far as your recent YouTube link with the 3 fused screens in Eyefinity...the problem with that setup is that the outer screens extend a few inches behind the players head...meaning he has to physically turn his head to see the entire layout

so back to my original point...the people that bought into Eyefinity 1.0 would have been better off waiting for 2.0 and should have spent the $$ on a larger, higher quality single screen...in time my points will be proven correct

What a douche man...Get yourself a proper 30" IPS display from Apple because we all know they make the very best IPS panels right? Until then, you're just a poser. :rolleyes:

no need for name calling...keep it civil...again you're putting words in my mouth...I never said my monitor was the best...it's not the best and I never set out to get the 'best'...I'm a huge gamer and I wanted a balance between inferior TN's and their better response times and IPS panels with their better image quality, viewing angles etc...the NEC was a good compromise...

again nothing is wrong with Eyefinity...but it seems like people should have balanced out the scales a bit better before buying into the 3 cheapo monitor LCD setup

since you brought it up I'll further this discussion...the bezels are a HUGE deal...HUGE!!...the people that say that the bezels don't matter and how you get used to it after some time are lying or maybe in denial...my curved LCD example was to show how much better Eyefinity can be with the right monitor and features

WOW! You really are on a crusade against Eyefinity... I mean, you ask people about their reason as to why they buy Eyefinity and their opinion about it. Then you dismiss them as lies and/or denial. Do you stare at the wall next to or the bezels on your single screen? Most people get used to the fact that their single screen has bezels and that there is a wall surrounding that bezel.

Nobody said that they prefer bezels over no bezels, but people who use Eyefinity and other TH solutions gets used to the bezels.

[Bezels matter, but you can't get rid of them that easy. In fact, even with bezel free LCD's, you'd prefer a picture where you normally see the wall behind your desk. Many would prefer holodecks with projectors vs. a screen with walls surrounding it.

You like a wall next to your single screen bezel, while others prefer that the game continues past a single screen. Its a matter of preferences. You like wall, other like games. But, don't ask people about their preferences and choices if you don't accept the answers even if they differ from your preferences.

WOW! You really are on a crusade against Eyefinity... I mean, you ask people about their reason as to why they buy Eyefinity and their opinion about it. Then you dismiss them as lies and/or denial. Do you stare at the wall next to or the bezels on your single screen? Most people get used to the fact that their single screen has bezels and that there is a wall surrounding that bezel.

Nobody said that they prefer bezels over no bezels, but people who use Eyefinity and other TH solutions gets used to the bezels.

[Bezels matter, but you can't get rid of them that easy. In fact, even with bezel free LCD's, you'd prefer a picture where you normally see the wall behind your desk. Many would prefer holodecks with projectors vs. a screen with walls surrounding it.

You like a wall next to your single screen bezel, while others prefer that the game continues past a single screen. Its a matter of preferences. You like wall, other like games. But, don't ask people about their preferences and choices if you don't accept the answers even if they differ from your preferences.

Well said. Someone fish out that hilarious Assassins Creed example of non-Eyefinity and Eyefinity! The, "Let me get this straight, you prefer this to this" one.

um...I think the person that posted a few posts before you said it...so my facts are not wrong...take emotion out of the equation...further back in this thread another person wrote that TN panels are "good enough"...another fact

They are good enough for those that don't think TN panels are shit. And you said everyone in this thread, and you were wrong.

The bezels are no different than the pillars on your car, do you scream and curse every time you get into your non-futuristic car that doesn't have a solid glass window around the entire cab? You ignore it, it's easy. Unless you are specifically trying to be bothered by them as you seem to be.

bezels take away from the immersion...people may have accepted it but it doesn't mean that it doesn't matter...if someone cuts off my arm, yes I'll get used to it over time but it doesn't mean I stop noticing it or feel it matters any less...the bezels are part of revision 1.0 of Eyefinity...as with any new technology it takes time to mature...Blu Ray players went through the same thing...fused LCD's like in my links above or bezel free LCD's is what Eyefinity needs to be in order to be a viable asset (revision 2.0)

as far as your recent YouTube link with the 3 fused screens in Eyefinity...the problem with that setup is that the outer screens extend a few inches behind the players head...meaning he has to physically turn his head to see the entire layout

so back to my original point...the people that bought into Eyefinity 1.0 would have been better off waiting for 2.0 and should have spent the $$ on a larger, higher quality single screen...in time my points will be proven correct

Oh look more opinion. It must blow your mind that not everyone has the same hang ups in life that you do.

no need for name calling...keep it civil...again you're putting words in my mouth...I never said my monitor was the best...it's not the best and I never set out to get the 'best'...I'm a huge gamer and I wanted a balance between inferior TN's and their better response times and IPS panels with their better image quality, viewing angles etc...the NEC was a good compromise...

again nothing is wrong with Eyefinity...but it seems like people should have balanced out the scales a bit better before buying into the 3 cheapo monitor LCD setup

You are essentially calling people idiots by being condescending to them using nothing more than your personal opinion. Take your own advice. He was giving you an example of YOUR behavior.

VERY well said. I have game on everything from my old 21" CRT to a 50" plasma, and I am TOTALLY sold on Eyefinity "revision 1" , as it was put. Sure it would be great if there were no bezels- but it would also be great if Crysis ran at 150 fps at 3150x1060. But I still enjoy it , nonetheless. I am pretty sure I really like it, and not in denial....I least I THINK I am not in denial...:cool:

I like how all these people are assuming TN's have horrible viewing angles in all directions, which simply isn't the case.

TN's have good horizontal (side-to-side) viewing angles, but poor vertical (up and down) viewing angles. As long as your monitors are positioned in landscape mode, gamma shift only occurs if you change your seating height.

This presents absolutely no problem for eyefinity, as side-to-side viewing angles are fine, meaning your side screens will look fine as well. TN viewing angles only become a problem if you put your screens in portrait mode.

fbezels take away from the immersion...
That made me chuckle a bit. If bezels take away from immersion, then running a single monitor with absolutely no peripheral vision must be even worse!

Last edited:
I concur- I was all set with 3 Dell 2310Hs on order, and didn't switch to IPS until I tried Portrait mode- the vertical viewing just wasn't cutting it.
Landscape was OK, though...Just depends on what orientation you like the best.

Back